Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Guest Strip at Order of the Stick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Guest Strip at Order of the Stick Reply with quote

I couldn't find any existing thread to rave about Bernie's guest strip on, so I made a new one. Did anyone else see the guest strip at the Order of the Stick???

Okay, half the reason Alien Loves Predator is so sick is because when I want to show people really good examples of nut sack jokes, I link em here, but when I want to show people really good examples of webcomic art I also link them here. It's obvious from the way Bernie frames his shots and his composition that he knows his stuff. It's obvious from his use of plastic action figures and nut sack jokes that he also knows how to think outside the box. But, well... I confess I kinda assumed that he was driven to this medium because he *coughmumbles*couldn't draw*cough*...

So when I saw his guest strip at Order of the Stick, I was so blown away!!! I went from being all, "Ohmygod, that's good!" to being all, "What a jerk to hog all that talent!" to building a shrine to him on my art desk.

He totally did a nod to Rich Burlew's style, but he dressed it up with a softness of color and a three-dimensional effect (reminded me a little of Cave Monster, which is another strip with art that I really admire) that was just way cool. And his use of when to keep the action within the panels and when to break out of that was just awesome. I read it three times and then went back and redid eight panels of a graphic novella I had been working on. Razz

Bernie, if u are reading this, u are a pig to be so talented and way cool to share your art with the rest of us. What flavor incense should I burn at my altar to you?

Also, sometimes you link to other art projects you've done down in the comments section. There's a raft of us that read those and discuss them, so keep throwin us the bones!!

Heh. I said 'bone'.

Bravo, Bernie!!!
Isaac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the guest strip in question (I think this is the one you are talking about), since there was no link in the above post:
http://www.giantitp.com/GuestStrips.html
Just scroll down to the strip by Bernie.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Guest Strip at Order of the Stick Reply with quote

Alexandra wrote:
Bernie, if u are reading this, u are a pig to be so talented and way cool to share your art with the rest of us. What flavor incense should I burn at my altar to you?

Did my mom put you up to this?
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, seriously, thanks... this new post has a direct link to the comic.
Alexandra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Guest Strip at Order of the Stick Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:
Did my mom put you up to this?

Oo. No, she didn't, but if she's prone to that sort of behavior, tell her I take check or credit card!
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being a D&D gamer I totally didn't get this, but it looks really cute.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Aedan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-slight bump...

I very much enjoyed the aLp guest strip for OOTS. I thought it was very funny, and why am I talking in acronyms? Anyway, great work.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Not being a D&D gamer I totally didn't get this, but it looks really cute.

Vorpal blades have a chance of killing anything with one hit, cleanly lopping off the head(s?). You've played BGII. You should know these things.

Other than that, I really can't see much not to get.

Maybe I'm not getting it either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: