Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
My Soap Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: My Soap Box Reply with quote

I don't get up on a soap box about too many things, really. But drunk driving is one of those few things. Several years ago, I lost a dear high school friend to a drunk driver. More recently, I did an intership for college where I sat through DWI trials and reported the outcomes of the cases to M.A.D.D. This only made me speak out even more, as I watched drunk driver after drunk driver released with little more than a slap on the wrist, even when injury or serious property damage was incurred (I watched as a FOURTEEN year old drunk driver was released with only 50 hours of community service after he and friends drove his car through a golf course and caused $10,000+ in damage).

So, where's the link in all this ranting, you ask?

Before you click it, I warn you, the images on related sites are VERY graphic, as is the in-depth news article linked from the link below. The link below is merely to a snopes.com page explaining that the related sites and stories are NOT a hoax. Do not follow the snopes links lightly, and be prepared to see some pretty horrifying images.

Not everyone who gets hit by a drunk driver dies.

In closing, please, PLEASE don't drive drunk. Use a designated driver, or take cab fare with you to bars and parties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: