Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Aliens vs Predator 3
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should someone make a third AvP game with today's new graphics, physics, etc. while still keeping with the same general mechanics that made the first games so much fun, online and off.
Yes, I think they should make AvP3.
96%
 96%  [ 25 ]
No, I think they should let a good series be.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are sadness. I use an ATI 9800 pro, and doom 3 runs just fine on my machine. Learn to use the computer noob. U3E will be even worse for your system. Fuck, the 9800 pro will be barely compatible for the engine.

D3E is still the best choice as of this moment. I haven't seen the F.E.A.R. engine in action, though I can safely say that the Source Engine, while it's great and all, just isn't the right solution for AvP3.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
You are sadness. I use an ATI 9800 pro, and doom 3 runs just fine on my machine. Learn to use the computer noob. U3E will be even worse for your system. Fuck, the 9800 pro will be barely compatible for the engine.

D3E is still the best choice as of this moment. I haven't seen the F.E.A.R. engine in action, though I can safely say that the Source Engine, while it's great and all, just isn't the right solution for AvP3.

You call me a noob yet you fail to provide reasoning. Besides, honestly i think i knwo more about computers than you do, hell, i may be wrong, but i also may not be....

I beg to differ on the sadness part aswell, you are sadness. I did not state in my post that Doom3 would not run on my system, and by the way, i don't use an ATI 9800pro.... it runs fine, sure, but consider: It's OpenGL, compared to Nvidias preformance n it, ATi is pitiful. I have an X800XL, U3E runs beautifully on my system.... You see, i always play on 1280x1024 with max everything, so when i stick OpenGl on top of that i kind of get a low frame rate.... on the otherhand Nvidia runs openGL better actually. I never said doom doesn't run, but as i said above i get slower framerates than in other games with the same res and gfx settings, face it, doom3 is an amazingly large system hog... (side note: i have a 3800+ and 1gb of ram if it interests you, ah and a S-Ata drive at 160gb....sooo...don't bitch about my system)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDS wrote:
I beg to differ on the sadness part aswell, you are sadness. I did not state in my post that Doom3 would not run on my system, and by the way, i don't use an ATI 9800pro.... it runs fine, sure, but consider: It's OpenGL, compared to Nvidias preformance n it, ATi is pitiful. I have an X800XL, U3E runs beautifully on my system.... You see, i always play on 1280x1024 with max everything, so when i stick OpenGl on top of that i kind of get a low frame rate.... on the otherhand Nvidia runs openGL better actually. I never said doom doesn't run, but as i said above i get slower framerates than in other games with the same res and gfx settings, face it, doom3 is an amazingly large system hog... (side note: i have a 3800+ and 1gb of ram if it interests you, ah and a S-Ata drive at 160gb....sooo...don't bitch about my system)

Ok, even though I study Information Technology, I hate these conversations... I jsut can't be arsed... if I wanna play a game, I'll turn on my PS2... or one of my sisters...

But I'm wondering how da Pandaman will respond.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDS wrote:
You call me a noob yet you fail to provide reasoning.
I concede your point.

HDS wrote:
Besides, honestly i think i knwo more about computers than you do, hell, i may be wrong, but i also may not be....
If you do know more than I do about computers, my English is still far better.

HDS wrote:
I beg to differ on the sadness part aswell, you are sadness. I did not state in my post that Doom3 would not run on my system...
You were complaining that d3 uses OpenGL. So I said it doesn't really matter. When I meant by "runs fine", I was stating how there were absolutely no problems whatsoever on my card, which brings me to my next point...

HDL wrote:
...and by the way, i don't use an ATI 9800pro.... it runs fine, sure, but consider: It's OpenGL, compared to Nvidias preformance n it, ATi is pitiful.
I do use the 9800 Pro, which is, by most standards, an obsolete card. Doom 3, with all its OpenGL shenanigans, still ran perfectly well on high settings, minus anti-alias. ATI cards are nowhere near pitiful. There's a mere ~0-5 fps difference between similarly ranked cards, which is easily closed by overclocking, and really isn't that noticeable unless you're either a) a fly, or b) playing multiplayer. D3 caps fps at 60 anyway if Iím not mistaken.

HDL wrote:
I have an X800XL, U3E runs beautifully on my system....
Excuse me. It would clarify allot if you could explain how you got your hands on a fully functional demo of the unreal 3 engine (U3E). Unless you're a guy working at Epic, I hope you just misinterpreted what I said. Anyway from mere screenshots I can tell, U3E will make Doom 3 look like a fucking ferrari.

HDL wrote:
You see, i always play on 1280x1024 with max everything, so when i stick OpenGl on top of that i kind of get a low frame rate.... on the otherhand Nvidia runs openGL better actually.
You make no suggestion that you actually compared the game with another copy, on an Nvidia card, at the same settings, through the same levels.
I have: No. Visual. Difference. What. So. Ever.

HDL wrote:
I never said doom doesn't run, but as i said above i get slower framerates than in other games with the same res and gfx settings, face it, doom3 is an amazingly large system hog... (side note: i have a 3800+ and 1gb of ram if it interests you, ah and a S-Ata drive at 160gb....sooo...don't bitch about my system)
I never said that it didnít run either.
You should have reviewed your post to check for contradictions. Maybe d3 runs so slow on your system because itís d3. You said yourself itís a huge hog. Let me give you some pointers, turn down anti-alias to one of the bottom rungs. The game will go much smoother. Much. And any difference will be barely noticeable.
Also when did I bitch, or seem prepared to bitch, about your system? Anyway if you're going to put down your system specs, put them down in full.

If you are interested in my specs. Here you go:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
1 Gig OCZ Ram (forgot the exact product)
Asus K8N something (I used to have K8V Deluxe, however it got fried so I'm stuck wtih a new one)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Two Raptors in RAID
DVD Player & DVD Burner
Antec TrueBlu PSU @ 480W

I modded the thing as well. I installed a water-cooling system (parts from Inovatek). Added a few blinky lights, and a custom modded switch panel for the lights. Replaced the feet for glowing ones, as well as the default fan control panel for a better one, and I sleeved all of the major cables and wires. For kicks I replaced the green LED's in my keyboard to blue ones. The whole thing has a black/silver/blue color scheme, beautiful thing.

I'm currently overhauling my network to new and better servers, so I can't prove this yet (all my pictures and my website are offline). However I do have pictures, and will submit asap, possibly after this weekend if all goes well.

I admit it was childish of me of openly insulting you, and I apologize. But calling names back isn't the answer. If you had to, you could have at least put a 'yo-momma' in there. Anyway I hope you pardon my immaturity.

PS It's SATA not S-Ata.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I've missed alot on this thread since this morning...But I got a solution to your problems. They should use the doom3 engine buuut... put it on consoles for those of us who have sucky pc's!! lol
-- Zapp Brannigan
HDS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway if you're going to put down your system specs, put them down in full.

If you are interested in my specs. Here you go:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
1 Gig OCZ Ram (forgot the exact product)
Asus K8N something (I used to have K8V Deluxe, however it got fried so I'm stuck wtih a new one)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Two Raptors in RAID
DVD Player & DVD Burner
Antec TrueBlu PSU @ 480W

I admit it was childish of me of openly insulting you, and I apologize. But calling names back isn't the answer. If you had to, you could have at least put a 'yo-momma' in there. Anyway I hope you pardon my immaturity.

[/quote]

Sorry about that, and about the english, in normal life i actually use full english, on the web i honestly can't be arsed. I hope you also pardon my immaturity.(and my foolishness)

I have:

Amd Athlon 64 3800+
Asus A8V-E Deluxe
Asus EAX800XL
1gb Performance OCZ ram
Onboard Sound (short on cash at the moment)
160gb SATA WD HDD
Enermax EG-565P-VE 535W
Zalman CNPS Cu-7700
Zalman Northbridge HSF

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say this thread has depressed the hell out of me. But on topic what maniac would say no to AvP3? That's some good deathmatch. Everyone who has played multiplayer has at least three stories of surprising and hilarious situations.

Like a friend of mine who always played pred would use the net gun to stick you to the wall and wait for you to get out before bashing you on the head with a combistick. Bastard.

More imporatantly I miss my freakin' disc. Never used any other weapon as a pred. Unless you count the time I was fighting two predaliens in a hallway with only a net gun and a combistick. I lost but it took quite a while for them to get me. Chortly good battle.
Agent 47

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it will be awsome if you can chose what time you will be in
the AVP3 because it had been cool if you are a pred in 1967 and you
travel to vietnam and hunt VC people or US army, and it would be awsome if you can drive vehicles to
JackSpicer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be good fun to have afghanistan so we can watch the US military train Osama.
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be fun if they made a sim game were you can controll a
pred or a xeno
JackSpicer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AvP: Survivor that would be good reality TV
Mr Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, humans have to run thru alien nest's and run from predators
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know? I just hate running through alien nests. I've ruined my share of shoes that way....
-- Zapp Brannigan
Mr Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maby they likt your shoes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: