Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Avatars are screwed up. Reply with quote

I wanted to change my avatar today, but when I attempted to upload from my machine, I got this message:

Forum Error Message wrote:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/2069032773433a0359c9da4.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpAzI9Ve' to './images/avatars/2069032773433a0359c9da4.jpg' in /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/bernie/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 482

I have no idea what this means, and when I tried to link to an offsite avatar, the image just doesn't show up. I believe this may be a problem related to the change in website servers. Anyway it's a real pain in the ass because now my avatar is iretreivable.

The FAQ only yielded this:

FAH-Q wrote:
How do I show an image below my username?

There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)

Basically I sinned before the eyes of our great lord Admin Bernie Hou and now I am being punnished for my evil deeds. I repent B! I repent! Please forgive me! */grovel*

I know many users here may and do not want to see if they have similiar issues, but I'm asking members without avatars now: Do you have any issues trying to upload avatars to your forum profile?

Any help would be appreciated,
Simon_Says

Location: Let me check, It's dark out can't tell where the hell I am.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed a lot of peoples avatars have messed up one day but are fine the next. maybe you should give it some time to see if it will work again
And he scares any one I don't like.
So watch out world I don't like you.

Married to Aramor the First. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Poor Panda!!!!

Actually, I was going to change my avatar because my girlfriend told me to do so, but I guess I'll just wait a bit.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munan wrote:

Poor Panda!!!!

Actually, I was going to change my avatar because my girlfriend told me to do so, but I guess I'll just wait a bit.

Damn, you're pussywhipped... Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, can you try it again and let me know...

Thanks,
B
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I changed to my current avatar, the only way I could get it to work was to save it in photobucket and link to it. Otherwise I just got that error message that Simon quoted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the avatar is functioning now. Thanks for the tip Shera.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
munan wrote:

Poor Panda!!!!

Damn, you're pussywhipped... Razz
what he said, but with no bears.

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: