Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Warhammer 40,000
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big_ED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest 40K is alrigth but I miss the fun of the eariler additions.
Still there some nice people who take the time and effort to give thier armies a spark of flair and style.

I've also Seen some pics of a Guy who's done up the Col marines out of an Imperial force.

Even thou they are producing nice models and some interestign Ideas I dislike the style of play.

For more Crunch to your wargame I go with Warmachine. IT's a lot quicker and bloodier.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're boned.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byby little plastic figurines...

Reminds me of that Commisioned comic were O rants about those cartoons where kids fight by throwing catds at each other... this one

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_ED wrote:
The latest 40K is alrigth but I miss the fun of the eariler additions.
Still there some nice people who take the time and effort to give thier armies a spark of flair and style.

I've also Seen some pics of a Guy who's done up the Col marines out of an Imperial force.

Even thou they are producing nice models and some interestign Ideas I dislike the style of play.

For more Crunch to your wargame I go with Warmachine. IT's a lot quicker and bloodier.
Shit, that's fucking cool. I should show pic's of my minis and my secenery That I made. SOmeone I know wants to buy some of them. Mind you it's mostly necromunda stuff.

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JackSpicer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hobby has gotten insanely expensive. I started almost 7 years ago when I was thirteen and the prices have increased (here anyway) by going on 60%.
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I am resurrecting a long-dead thread, I think that this would be the appropriate place to put some more shots of my painted Tyranids.

The pics aren't that great, but hopefully you can make them out sufficiently.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

Once I get some more of my stuff painted (I got a whole Tyranid Battleforce to paint, minus the Carnifex) I'll post pics here as well.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shizzy. I didn't know 'nids had guns. Hey do you have anything from the old days, when the 'nids held swords instead of having scythe-arms?

I kinda wish the hobby wasn't so expensive. I'm hoping I'll just find another one of those "well geeze I'm getting rid of these" deals through friends and such and getting a bunch of orks or guard dirt cheap.

Hell, even if they were cheaper, I'd have to find a gaming shop where they don't know my face.

Should all that work out, I'd definitely go for the classic armies. Orks and Guard, as mentioned, definitely being favoured. Maybe Vostroyans.

Just something to wipe the floor with retardofluff metal zombies and plotarmour spacejapanese and those godawful DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG OH GOD IM SO TOUGH I EAT GRIM AND SHIT DARK disgraces.
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Oh shizzy. I didn't know 'nids had guns. Hey do you have anything from the old days, when the 'nids held swords instead of having scythe-arms?

LMAO. About a week ago, I removed the boneswords from two of my old Tyranid warriors so that I could put deathspitters in their place. I still have the a few of the swords laying around.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how come GW never decided to integrate the nid guns to the creatures themselves as well. Does it have more to do with mini customizability, or fear of a very ironic lawsuit from Blizzard?
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Hell, even if they were cheaper, I'd have to find a gaming shop where they don't know my face.

Finland's answer to Whitey Moran, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
I wonder how come GW never decided to integrate the nid guns to the creatures themselves as well. Does it have more to do with mini customizability, or fear of a very ironic lawsuit from Blizzard?

The former.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I still be able to claim "Counts as" if I just... melted the guns to their limbs with a lighter?
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
What?

I was indirectly asking if you were banned from the premises.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
What?

I was indirectly asking if you were banned from the premises.

I very directly had no clue who that guy was.

And no. It's just... I do not fully embrace my nerdity and don't intend to. I don't want to be seen buying overpriced toy soldiers by people who know, or even recognize me, because everyone here is a filthy, scheming gossip.

People I do not know already have more(often spurious and sometimes completely fictitious) reasons to stop me, in either moral outrage or a showing of superior social standing, than I care for. I don't want GrimNdark to be one.

Also I have that one cousin who plays and Jesus God I don't want him to know. I'd never hear the end of it.

Incidentally, I have been banned from a video game store. Does that count?
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: On a somewhat related note Reply with quote

Eeeeeeeee.

I'm excited. Are you excited? 'Cause I'm excited.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
I wonder how come GW never decided to integrate the nid guns to the creatures themselves as well.

The most recent Carnifex model has this with the Venom Spitter and the Barbed Strangler. His arm sort of blends into a tube coming from those guns.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
I wonder how come GW never decided to integrate the nid guns to the creatures themselves as well.

Oh yeah, maybe I interpreted this improperly. The weapons pretty much ARE supposed to be an extension of the creatures now. I thought you were asking why the models came in separate pieces rather than with the weapons pre-attached.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda both, really.

Also I am slightly ashamed, but I just can't help myself. Warhammer 40k's stupidly over the top GRIMNDARKNESS that reaches the point of inviting ridicule and then self-assuredly troddity trods over it and into the distance, making poking fun of it rather like pointing out the personal faults of an openly homosexual, blind, crippled hunchback with major speech impediment, who can't stop hitting himself in the chest due to neurological damage coupled with Dan Abnett's fantastically mediocre storytelling and Salvatore-like obsession with keeping even the most slightly likeable characters alive, despite having all of their major organs torn out, stomped on and cut to pieces and their head being nailed to a nuclear missile and shot into the Eye of Terror

is

Fucking

CAPTIVATING.

I found and read First and Only an age and a half ago and tore the internet apart trying to look for Ghostmaker. After finally giving up and making swirly motions with my thumb in my anus for a few months, I lazily opened my little folder of stolen books and read a bit of something by Gav Thorpe. When it hit me. I want this again. I want more of it. Jesus God, the wounds never healed, I just pretended to not notice the bleeding.

As a result of yet another internetian search that turned up nothing beyond the pricks at GW who wont take Visa Electron, I danced gaily to a local bookshop that wasn't really local, but within city limits anyway. I asked for anything of Abnett's and the clerk, that bloated, spotty, pustulent whore, took her sweet time and looked upon me condescendingly, telling me that they've only got paperbacks in english, that they can order from abroad.

Ordering there is free, so I repeated my wishes yo the disgusting, hairy creature of a shop clerk purge her tainted flesh with holy fire until I got through her strange mental barrier and stranger determination to not let me buy anything.

So I've been waiting for The Founding for a week now and I'm slowly going crazy, slowly going crazy, going crazy slowly, slowly grazy coing... Every day I spend at least two hours, staring at my cell phone, trying to intimidate it into receiving the "your shit's here text from the shop faster somehow.

In an effort to speed things things up, I have come up with a list of people who might have something to do with this. People who might want to keep me away from my Precious. People whom I will either fellate or murder, depending on the situtation.

I'm not kidding. I have the paper right here. On it there are names of real people and rough estimates of their whereabouts between 1100 and 1900 hours on any given weekday.

this is relevant because it's about w40k fluff
i don't want to post in those masturbatory general threads any more than I have to

Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live thread! Live!
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will say that I can't wait for my student teaching to end so that I finally have some free time in which to paint my 'nids.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my DnD party started playing Dark Heresy a week ago... it's pretty awesome.

Especially since the DM didn't think we'd be quite powerful, so we shredded the end boss in 2 rounds... which was a lot of fun.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the fuckers would come to their senses and release the alien, heretic and whatever versions of Dark Heresy anyway. Just make more this time. It'll be all bought out within the first three days, anyway.

Not that I cherish the idea of playing a filthy tau. I just think it'd be fair, what with them such cockteases for ages and then just saying no.
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to coordinate a game (of the tabletop version) with my brother for about three weeks now, but it never works out. It's usually a pain in the ass to bring all my stuff over to his place, and he doesn't want to drive his shitty car to where I live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: