Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
N.Y.C.: Nuclear Year Cataclysm
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gojira Destructicus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: N.Y.C.: Nuclear Year Cataclysm Reply with quote

An idea I thought up. Hope you enjoy it.

In the year 2087, nuclear power is at it's best. But an acident leads to world wide panic. The incident ocurred in Russia so the U.S.A blames them and starts the second Cold War. This time nuclear warheads are fired. In their ignorance a handful of every nation is sent to the ultimate starship to escape the chaos. The ship lifts off and in the darkness of space, Earths surface lights up with countless nuclear explosions.

The survivors mourn those who died, and the ships computer scans the universe for a habitable planet. It also introduces the human's to the Space Nation, an artificial, mobile nation built on an artificial continent. The computer also explains the engines run on nuclear power. The humans are shocked at first, but their fears are neutralised as the ship explains the reactor is of the strongest quality.

Years pass, and the Space Nation is filled with more people. The population has grown with the human mating and created a new breed of human. These "Super-Humans" act as the security of the ship. But there is a problem. The Super-Humans are easily mutated by radiation as tests on skin tissue showed. But this is soon fixed by the fact that any engine maintenence will be handled by the computer itself.

As the ship passes by a planet, the computer finds a habitable world. Little those it know the path it's chosen will take many lives. The first problem is the electro magnetic disturbance. The computer deals with many problems and shuts down some systems. It keeps itslef on course and life support systems are still active. To ensure survival, the nation, minus the super humans, go into cryo sleep.

Soon things go worse as it is discovered the reactor is rising in temperature and could explode. The computer would fix this, but the electrical storm has prevented this and also caused it in the first place. The Super Humans have no choice. They must repair the reactor or the ship will explode. They suceed.

As the electrical storm passes, the computer begins its slow reboot. It uses text to show it will take 2 weeks to fully reboot. The cryo bays slowly let out some people as the systems begin their long, slow reboot.

But the Super Humans experience something. They complain of headaches, hallucinations and temperature problems. The lead Super Human is first to mutate and becomes a vicous reptilian, carnivorous beast and dissapears into the vastness of the ship.

The computer however has a backup plan. Opening panels on the wall to reveal guns, it says the Super Humans must be purged. They set off with their limited armoury and find the super humans in the cryo bay. To their horror they realise the Nuklodons as they have been dubbed feed on the sleeping cryo people. They aren't Super humans anymore. Without pity the humans shoot the Nuklodons and let their blood spill. The rest retreat.

Days go by and the last Nuklodon dies. The Nuclear year is upon them. Shortly after the rest of the populous awaken and stare with horror at the corpses, 3 quarters to the planet the Space Nation is assaulted by Astro Insects. The creatures are quick to break in and feast on the radiation. Then everyone realises the radiation meter reaching critical. In the panic that follows, killing the Nuklodons that hid and the space insects and trying to get the reactor under control, the Space Nation crashes.

Stumbling out of the wreck are Nuklodons, evolved, and their dead, revived. The space insects clamber out and retreat into space. A few female humans remain and the Nuklodons are all Male. The Super Human gene only affected the males. The females, with evolved senses and super athletic abilities will mate with the Nuklodons and start a new line on this alien planet. Near by a mushroom cloud explodes and in the shadows, a predator no intelligent being has ever seen stalks the newcomers.

So whadya think?
helmet boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lost you at "idea".

good story but now my head hurts.
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you certianly have a lot of time on your hands.
I regret to inform you that your tale seems highly derivative and needlessly complicated, a chimera assembled from the detritus of sci-fi B movies. The byzantine plot had no discernable climax but an abundance of holes and rough edges. Reading the passage, I was filled with such questions as: "Is it really plausible that humanity will possess the technology to adapt to life as a space-faring race by 2087?" "Who constructed the 'Space Nation?'" "How does inbreading lead to a race of Super Humans?" "Why am I still reading this?"

However, if you are 12 years old or younger, or if English is not your first language, then "good job!"
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the detritus of sci-fi B movies.

Nothing wrong with that!
Anti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
Well, you certianly have a lot of time on your hands.
I regret to inform you that your tale seems highly derivative and needlessly complicated, a chimera assembled from the detritus of sci-fi B movies. The byzantine plot had no discernable climax but an abundance of holes and rough edges. Reading the passage, I was filled with such questions as: "Is it really plausible that humanity will possess the technology to adapt to life as a space-faring race by 2087?" "Who constructed the 'Space Nation?'" "How does inbreading lead to a race of Super Humans?" "Why am I still reading this?"
However, if you are 12 years old or younger, or if English is not your first language, then "good job!"

Oh, Blaster.....

We'll have such beautiful children.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antidistinctlyminty wrote:
Oh, Blaster.....

We'll have such beautiful children.

Unless you're a hermaphrodite it would be hard toh ave children no?

Welcome back Munan!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but my head still hurts.
Deathmachine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that story was sorta weird and i have to agree it does gives you a headache.

btw. can homophrodites or how ever you spell it have kids? Question
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermaphrodites are organisms with both sexes. Hermaphrodite humans are also known as "shemales".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, time to get technical (again).
Hermaphroditism, in it's strictest (and most correct) sense, means having male and female gonads, i. e., both ovaries and testes. True human hermaphrodites are almost non-existant. Theroetically one of them could produce offspring if it had the proper genitalia, but the having hormones from both a testis and an ovary tends to complicate matters.
There is a separate condition here which offen gets confused with hermaphroditism, that of ambiguous genitalia. Ambiguous genitalia is a much more common condition than hermaphroditism. There is an erroneous assumption that "male genitals" and "female genitals" are two distinct classes. The truth is that they lie on opposite ends of the same spectrum. The vast majority of individual find themselves at either end, but, every once in a while, someone ends up in the middle, with genitals somewhere in between the male and female ideals.
Note that abiguous genitalia has little to do with hermaphroditism, and is usually due to a hormone defficiency during development.
JytaNona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster, will you marry me?

Every soul has a price. I bet I can afford yours.
Deathmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Hermaphrodites are organisms with both sexes. Hermaphrodite humans are also known as "shemales".

ok
Deathmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
Ok, time to get technical (again).
Hermaphroditism, in it's strictest (and most correct) sense, means having male and female gonads, i. e., both ovaries and testes. True human hermaphrodites are almost non-existant. Theroetically one of them could produce offspring if it had the proper genitalia, but the having hormones from both a testis and an ovary tends to complicate matters.
There is a separate condition here which offen gets confused with hermaphroditism, that of ambiguous genitalia. Ambiguous genitalia is a much more common condition than hermaphroditism. There is an erroneous assumption that "male genitals" and "female genitals" are two distinct classes. The truth is that they lie on opposite ends of the same spectrum. The vast majority of individual find themselves at either end, but, every once in a while, someone ends up in the middle, with genitals somewhere in between the male and female ideals.
Note that abiguous genitalia has little to do with hermaphroditism, and is usually due to a hormone defficiency during development.

aaaaarrrrgggghhhh more headaches!!!! Mad
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
We call them "he-she's"

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JytaNona wrote:
Blaster, will you marry me?

Shocked Wow, a marriage proposal! From a chick this time. Can I still have kids with Antidistinctlyminty?

Side note: most "shemales" are simply pre-op trannies, although I guess the term could be applied to somone with ambiguous genitalia.
Deathmachine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big words in small sentences!!!

*goes crazy and nearly smashes head in with hammer*

sorry folks i am sane again and only god knows for how long
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop drinking beer so much and maybe your brain cells will actually work.

Thank you Blaster for the biology lesson.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This'll go great in my Biology class tomorrow, first hour right before the hellish class that is Algebra2 (the teacher must be on crack because its always 71 degrees in there.)
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Thank you Blaster for the biology lesson.

Hey, np, good buddy. I tend to be somewhat of a dilettante.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't there also cases of conjoined twins... One twin, say a female, which developed normally, and the other twin, a male, whose fetus is largely absorbed (for lack of a better word) by the female one, so the end result is a normal female with...er... a surprise package? (though the penis doesn't necessarily have to be where you would expect it to be, being conjoined is weird like that)

I read somewhere that this produces people who are commonly called hermaphrodites.
Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire wrote:
Aren't there also cases of conjoined twins... One twin, say a female, which developed normally, and the other twin, a male, whose fetus is largely absorbed (for lack of a better word) by the female one, so the end result is a normal female with...er... a surprise package? (though the penis doesn't necessarily have to be where you would expect it to be, being conjoined is weird like that)

I read somewhere that this produces people who are commonly called hermaphrodites.

No.
JytaNona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
Wow, a marriage proposal! From a chick this time. Can I still have kids with Antidistinctlyminty?

Only if I can have Simon_says on the side. Something about that ninja suit...

Very Happy

Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go ahead and correct you before he does. It's a samurai. A PANDA samurai.... Rolling Eyes
And sure, free love all around.
JytaNona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so his fault. I've been calling him a ninja for ages.... and he's never corrected me... slut...

Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...it's right in his sig. Wink
Speaking of sigs, I pressed that button alot. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: