Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Who would win in a fight, a Wookie or a Klingon?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a fight a Wookie or a Klingon?
Wookie
77%
 77%  [ 37 ]
Klingon
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 48

Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the numbers, IIRC, the difference is sometimes several zero's. Now it's a big difference if you have a gun that shoots with 10 Volts, or 10.000 Volts... (just a quick example)

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Efficiency talks about how much energy is put to work.

The numbers on the vs site talk about the energy put to work. I deduct this because the creator of the site made those nubmers based on visual evidence given in the canon films. Basically he took a video of a nuclear explosion and calculated the energy put to work during that explosion.

Even if I'm wrong here, an acclamtor transport light guns would have to be 0.000000012% efficient to match the Enterprise D's main phasers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A YT-3000 could probably mop up the entire Feddies fleet...

Shame on you if you don't know what a YT-3000 is!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on me then...

Seriously... an x-wing could take on starfleet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the example i gave still stands regardless of zeros. A 1 GHZ difference means a difference of 1 billion cycles per second. Is that enough zeroes for you?
I'm just saying they can be working on different scales
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey Wongmonster used the same scale of measurment to calculate the destructive force of both weapons.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaconNeggs wrote:
the example i gave still stands regardless of zeros. A 1 GHZ difference means a difference of 1 billion cycles per second. Is that enough zeroes for you?
I'm just saying they can be working on different scales

Yes but the difference between 1 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ is only small when you compare it to a difference between 64000 GW and 3.6 GW. That's what I mean.
Besides, is it really that hard for you to just accept that a Lightsaber could probably take out the entire Federation Armada? Which it probably could... if you put it on a RC Helicopter or something... or... toss it at them... in space?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, its based on different architecture. Lasers aren't explosive, how can you use a nuclear explosion to measure it? the laser would just cuase something else to ignite and thats what explodes.
Its like the military's use of the Daisy cutter. It has a smaller payload but would do more damage than a exponentially larger surface explosion.

Edit: Aramor you're not even making a decent arguement. What about when things are measured in terrawatts? that differnce won't matter.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaconNeggs wrote:
Edit: Aramor you're not even making a decent arguement.

Yes I'm not. I'm just trying to convince myself that Star Wars ships are stronger than Star Trek ships. Besides, when were my posts supposed to be meaningfull? And I don't mean spam. I mean content without real contents... whatever, I'm going downtown to get wasted.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Papazombie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROST wrote:
cock juggling thunder cunt...what the hell is that off of?

Blade Trinity, it was Hannibal King.

"If Life Gives You Lemons...Punch A Clown." - LSM
Papazombie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Flogging of a dead horse:

Simon Says said,(Interesting combo of words, Heh, heh):

Quote:
You said klingons were warriors, I said wookies were too. You said wookies seemed too peaceful to be warriors, I responded by saying ripping arms off isn't exactly peaceful. Did I really state that aggression = warrior culture? If you assumed so, please read again.

Now I understand what is going on here. Your misunderstanding what I post and its all interpration. I never stated the Wookies were too peaceful to be warriors, I stated they were not a warrior race. I never stated they were too peaceful to be Warriors. There is a difference.....

For Klingons its all about Honor and the Fight, their culture is centered around a warrior code. Sure with Wookies they hold Honor above all else bu8t they are not all about the fight. The Wookies had the sense to bow down to the Empire when they realized that continued fighting was fruitless. They are more than fully capable of being warriors, fine ones at that, but they aree not a warrior race

You did state that agression = warriors. You posted the following:

Quote:
Uhhh... Wookies are known to rip people's arms out of thier sockets. That peaceful enough for you?

This was in responce to my stating that I felt that Wookies were too peaceful to be a warrior race. You may not have said word for word "Agression = Warrior", but there is a little thing called context.
Mind you it was because one of us is Flogging "Wookies = Warrior" and one of us is flogging "Wookies are not a Warrior race." Apples and Oranges the whole time.

Next time please read my posts a little more carefully in future instead of possibly just skimming them.

End of Flogging.

"If Life Gives You Lemons...Punch A Clown." - LSM
Nyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookie def. A Klingon is aka a piece of excretement!
Imagine how the wookie would feel if he was beat by a piece of crap!

Besides, look at Chewies arms.....elephant legs with claws and opposable thumbs!
ConnMan8D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would indeed be a hell of a fight, but I think I'd have to go with Klingons on this...

First of all, as was stated above, Klingon culture is centered around being a race of warriors. From an early age, they devote their time to such martial activities as hunting, combat training, and sparring. A Klingon child is not considered a man until he can hold a weapon. Wookies, on the other hand, are above all a peaceful race. They are certainly strong and tend to be aggressive when pissed off, but they do not have the extent of training that all Klingon warriors have.

Secondly, Klingons have an enormously high pain threshold. The Klingon "Rite of Ascension," the passage of which allows a Klingon youth to enter the adult world and take on adult responsibilities involves walking through a gauntlet of men with painstiks, the effects of which have been described as the sensation of having all of your flesh burned off, every muscle in your body cramping, and waves of nausea running through you. They must pass between 5 or 6 pairs of men armed with these devices during the ceremony. Also, the Klingon "bachelor party" is an entire night of self-denial and physical purgatory. Wookies have no such cultural distinctions (that have been revealed), and while their size and strength does allow for a higher pain threshold than many humanoids, the durability of the Klingon is not something to be taken lightly.

Furthermore, there is the issue of size. Wookies are strong, and appear to be agile in Ep. III, but what we see of them is without any smaller humanoids for comparison. Klingons, having trained in combat methods, techniques, and strategies are faster and more agile. Just as a black belt will defeat an unskilled brawler with ease, a Klingon would be able to do the same with his training.

Also, I take a mild offense to the description of Klingons has "hippies." Klingons are about as far from being hippies as one can possibly get. Sure they have long hair, but so what? Hippies are, by most peoples' definition, peace-loving. Klingons are a race of war-mongerers. How in the name of Hell can you get "hippy" from anything Klingons do?

I will not, however, dispute the comment about drunkenness... Klingons do like their Warnog.

In any event, I believe the Klingons' superior training, higher agility, and warrior heritage make them the superior fighters. Brute strength only goes so far...
sardine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Who would win in a fight, a Wookie or a Klingon? Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
the TOS era klingons, albeit the coolest, couldn't do much but pimpslap

Ah, but in the words of John Colicos, it would be a GLORIOUS pimpslap...!
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnMan, beautiful analysis, but I feel there is a point worth revising.

ConnMan8D wrote:
Wookies are strong, and appear to be agile in Ep. III, but what we see of them is without any smaller humanoids for comparison. Klingons, having trained in combat methods, techniques, and strategies are faster and more agile. Just as a black belt will defeat an unskilled brawler with ease, a Klingon would be able to do the same with his training.
Klingon military strategy is repeatedly centered around the miner's rush attack. In DS9, when the klingon fleet attempted to overtake the station after Sisko rescued Dukat, the Klingons simply tried to overwhelm the station, and they were still having thier asses handed to them. The general even believed they were winning. Later during the Dominion war, Martok (or was it Gowron) proposed that thier fleet should make a full ausault on the Dominion, without backup, only because Klingon ships were immune to the Breen energy weapon. I can't say that the Wookie's defense of Kashyyk was startegically more advanced, but your analysis seems a tad incorrect.

ConnMan8D wrote:
Also, I take a mild offense to the description of Klingons has "hippies." Klingons are about as far from being hippies as one can possibly get. Sure they have long hair, but so what? Hippies are, by most peoples' definition, peace-loving. Klingons are a race of war-mongerers. How in the name of Hell can you get "hippy" from anything Klingons do? I will not, however, dispute the comment about drunkenness... Klingons do like their Warnog.
I see your point, but I was merely comparing the favored hairstyles of hippies and klingons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Klingon military strategy is repeatedly centered around the miner's rush attack. In DS9, when the klingon fleet attempted to overtake the station after Sisko rescued Dukat, the Klingons simply tried to overwhelm the station, and they were still having thier asses handed to them. The general even believed they were winning. Later during the Dominion war, Martok (or was it Gowron) proposed that thier fleet should make a full ausault on the Dominion, without backup, only because Klingon ships were immune to the Breen energy weapon. I can't say that the Wookie's defense of Kashyyk was startegically more advanced, but your analysis seems a tad incorrect.

Actually, that was Gowron, and if I remember correctly that decision was one of several reasons Worf and Martok took their stand against him in DS9 Season 7. once Martok became Chancellor, there was a noted improvement overall in Klingon strategy. Also, if you think back to Worf, he spends literally hours practicing in his holographic Klingon calisthenics program, and teaches a class in Mok'bara, Klingon unarmed martial arts. So the picture of Klingons as proponents of only the "bull rush" technique is not entirely accurate either.

Like I said, it would be a hell of a fight, but I really do believe that the Klingon's superior technique would be a great aid in the defeat of the Wookie.
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, on paper, I have to give it to the Klingon.
But I have seeing Worf get tossed around constanly, and I have witnessed Klingons get their asses kicked on a regular basis by Stafleet officers, so I had to go with the Wookie. I know, it's just a matter of bending whatever rules and ignoring any precedents in order to write an episode, but it leaves an impression.
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly from the old Star Wars RPG Wookiees were the strongest sentient species in the galaxy, therefore in hand to hand the Wookiee would have the advantage. Armed with a blade or similar, the Klingon's lifetime of martial training would probably give them the edge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
I know, it's just a matter of bending whatever rules and ignoring any precedents in order to write an episode, but it leaves an impression.

Blaster has just mentioned one of the most annoying things in Sci-Fi / Fantasy. This is a phenomenon I call the plot-convenient ass kicking. Supposedly highly trained combatants are easily stunned or captured so that they can tell the story of the week. It's always done in such a crappy way so they dont have to bother choreographing a fight scene or spending money on SFX. Stop being such cheap bastards TV producers! We want to see violence and explosions. And if our favourite characters are gonna get killed / captured / defeated then let 'em go down swinging and take ten of the enemy with them. Is it too much to expect supposed professionals to be able to maintain continuity in an arc plotted TV show?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it always pissed me off to no end.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am reminded very clearly of how the klingons were practically lining up for getting their asses kicked by a little bajoran girl. Sadness indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Now I am reminded very clearly of how the klingons were practically lining up for getting their asses kicked by a little bajoran girl. Sadness indeed.

This is another TV phenomenon. When there's one enemy, they're tough to beat and put up a hell of a fight. When theres a horde of them they scatter like bowling pins.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat'lath, Bird of prey, Disrupter pistol, all the countless weapons of ass-kickery that never get named. A Klingon would slaughter any wookie s/he came across. Twisted Evil
Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookie, no match. Especially a wookie from Republic Commando, those things were huge!

Married to SpideyGirl.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookie vs. Klingon? Why didn't you added "Yoda" in the answering options?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: