Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Female Yautjas.
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I never said Xenos are ugly... I even put two ' thingies around it... it's the general public that thinks they are ugly. And you put technological between brackets, so I that means you could've also said they are inferior to Preds and they are not...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amyltrer wrote:


The 'ugly creatures' are predators.



Whatcho' mouth! Dem's fightin' words, missy.



Simon_Says wrote:
Which members of Yautja society has humanity encountered? Well, only warriors basically. But absence of evidence does not designate evidence of absence. In canon, humanity has only encountered the hunting aspects of Yautja society. We have not seen the scientists, media celebrities, politicians, etc. But that does not mean they are not there.

The blooding ceremony is definitely a cultural phenomenon, and so is hunting. But for all we know, hunting is probably only a particular, and optional, career choice. In this particular instance, these warriors are the equivilent of our good old geezers in red coats hunting deer to put thier heads on thier cabin wall. Albeit they are much more glorified in thier culture than we do with our good old geezers in red coats.

Our assumption that the entire Yautja society is essentially surrounded by hunting is, to be frank, stupid. It’s like saying that the Brits are a people of Polo-players, or that the Japanese are Bushido-bound knights.

We cannot generalize a whole society by one of its aspects. Yautja technology must have come from somewhere. A species that consists entirely of gung-ho adventurers, who go around hunting things, collecting skulls on the way, couldn’t possibly, ever, and I mean ever, have developed the ability to planet-hop. It just can’t be done.


I fully agree, but it's that instinctual hunting that seems to be pushed to the forefront for the sake that it's movie material. To me their hunting is almost like ritual and religion, almost like the ritual of something from Egypt or the Incas where they think it's their duty from god to hunt the lesser creatures. Isn't there a Christian thing of that too? Where animals were put on Earth by God for man to hunt? Something along those lines...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s² wrote:
To me their hunting is almost like ritual and religion, almost like the ritual of something from Egypt or the Incas where they think it's their duty from god to hunt the lesser creatures. Isn't there a Christian thing of that too? Where animals were put on Earth by God for man to hunt? Something along those lines...

But of course my religion course (its mandatory, and it fucking sucks!) tries to teach kids a 'reinterpretation' of genesis where God meant us to look after the world, and not dominate, which is of course a crock of shit as the bible explicitly states
Genesis 1:26 wrote:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Not to mention my class is applying the Christian stance on God (that God is a loving and forgiving father-figure) to the Old Testement God (Who was really a bad-ass motherfucker who handed rewards and punsihments only all to eagerly.) I'm not saying the Old T God was better, but our religion class is fucking up the entire faith.

Oh I'm gonna burn in hell for this... wait... SHIT! I'm gonna be in hell with Digit! I REPENT! I REPENT!
_________________


Last edited by Simon_Says on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Digitaaliklosetti



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 1850

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Says wrote:

Oh I'm gonna burn in hell for this... wait... SHIT! I'm gonna be in hell with Digit! I REPENT! I REPENT!

Hardy har fuck.

Funny coincidence, though. While I was reading this, some dude on Battlestar Galactica also went "I repent... I repent!"

And yeah, I think the whole "Oh, God's not so pissy anymore! He's loving and caring and cuddlyandhatesfags!" is bullshit. Loving and caring? Man, that's Jesus. God has and always will fuck you over.

The New Testament is shite. Some hairy carpenter is tripping on shrooms and camel dung and suddenly decides he's the son of God. What happens? Everybody starts believing him, because his version of God's intentions are so much nicer. Man, you don't know God. For all you know, J-man could've been Satan himself. Man, you christian fuckers are running all around, putting up crosses, preaching of a benevolent God and still giving in to all the new stuff, like gender equality and gays not being stoned on sight and guess what? You're going straight to fucking Hell. You're going to Hell for worshipping false idols. Give a heads-up to Luce for me.

You go "Oh, but look! God isn't like that anymore! There aren't any divine catastrophucks anywhere! Ahaha!". Dude, what? Look around you! The world is going to shit and it's your fault. Our dear old Jehova is a jealous, bitter and quite propably drunk god. Remember the tsunami? That's God for "Dudes, what the fuck? I mean, what the fuck?!" AIDS? "Dudes, this isn't funny anymore. Cut it the fuck out."

And you know? I'm pretty sure I had a point in all this. I just kinda forgot.
_________________
bitchez n hose


Last edited by Digitaaliklosetti on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand, almost all Christians nowadays are heretics. But, on the other hand, would you really rather they be fundamentalists?
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touché. Not to mention creationists.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys really suck...

And there was this other thing, where they combine evolutionism with creationism, but in the end they still want you to worship God...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Digitaaliklosetti



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 1850

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
On the one hand, almost all Christians nowadays are heretics. But, on the other hand, would you really rather they be fundamentalists?

I dunno. Would make for some weird sitcoms, though.
_________________
bitchez n hose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
And there was this other thing, where they combine evolutionism with creationism, but in the end they still want you to worship God...


I think you're talking about intelligent design. I've been warning my students for that kind of thinking.

I have to, since that fucking bitch of an idiotic minister of education in our stupid little country had the bloody nerve to suggest intelligent design should be taught at our high schools here in Holland and it freaks me out everytime I think about it. Evil or Very MadA nation of idiots will be the result.
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... that's cruel... I'm just glad I'm already studying... hope they don't implement it there... Intelligent Design Oriented Programming By Contract...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, I need to chill out. Stay away from the coffee. Etc.

But actually, I'm not going to excuse for my outburst this morning, because it was righteous.
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the last time I mention Christianity in this forum again.

Maybe I can use replacement words. Like "Jesus was crucified according to his followers, the peachy banana splits." or "Hallelujah! The kickass corn dogs will be saved when the rapture comes!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
Fuck, I need to chill out. Stay away from the coffee. Etc.


Smoke a cigarette... trust me, it helps to chill... unless you can't get the friggin lighter to work... and then it starts raining and your cig gets wet... that's just... you know... blargh!
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
s² wrote:
To me their hunting is almost like ritual and religion, almost like the ritual of something from Egypt or the Incas where they think it's their duty from god to hunt the lesser creatures. Isn't there a Christian thing of that too? Where animals were put on Earth by God for man to hunt? Something along those lines...

But of course my religion course (its mandatory, and it fucking sucks!) tries to teach kids a 'reinterpretation' of genesis where God meant us to look after the world, and not dominate, which is of course a crock of shit as the bible explicitly states
Genesis 1:26 wrote:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.


*girds loins* I don't want to get into Old Testament/New Testament, but I really don't think God is saying "Do whatever the fucketh you want with My creations." It's possible to debate the meaning of "dominion" as intended to mean "protection" as a king would dominate and protect his people. He has total control, but he must use that control for the safety and wellbeing of the people. Or something like that.

Anyway, back to Predator technology.

Simon_Says wrote:
The blooding ceremony is definitely a cultural phenomenon, and so is hunting. But for all we know, hunting is probably only a particular, and optional, career choice. In this particular instance, these warriors are the equivilent of our good old geezers in red coats hunting deer to put thier heads on thier cabin wall. Albeit they are much more glorified in thier culture than we do with our good old geezers in red coats.


If it hadn't been for the brain bug that the comics and novels started that hunting was central to Yautja society, that's what I would have thought too. The Yautja are clearly very intelligent and ingenius, from what we've seen of them. They're probably capable of developing higher technology if they're willing to spend time on it.

Quote:
We cannot generalize a whole society by one of its aspects. Yautja technology must have come from somewhere. A species that consists entirely of gung-ho adventurers, who go around hunting things, collecting skulls on the way, couldn’t possibly, ever, and I mean ever, have developed the ability to planet-hop. It just can’t be done.


This is assuming the Yautja developed the technology on their own, rather than buying it or stealing it from another race- the Space Jockeys, for example. Many human societies have grown by leaps in a short time because of the introduction of technology.
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Azrael



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 4810
Location: AWOL no more

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Holly wrote:
They're well drawn, but I don't really like them. First of all, she's wearing earrings. She's got no ears. Secondly, she's too feminine in the face and body. She should be a lot bulkier and more muscular. The artist tried to make her pretty, but it really doesn't come off well. Thirdly, she really needs to cover up better. I can see her dirty pillows. And fourth...she's wearing freakin' earings! Why would a yautja wear rings there? There's nothing to pierce! Overall she gives the impression of a harem girl with a yautja face. But it is well drawn.


Good Point.


They could be piercings, no?
_________________
Only the strongest will survive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:
Holly wrote:
They're well drawn, but I don't really like them. First of all, she's wearing earrings. She's got no ears. Secondly, she's too feminine in the face and body. She should be a lot bulkier and more muscular. The artist tried to make her pretty, but it really doesn't come off well. Thirdly, she really needs to cover up better. I can see her dirty pillows. And fourth...she's wearing freakin' earings! Why would a yautja wear rings there? There's nothing to pierce! Overall she gives the impression of a harem girl with a yautja face. But it is well drawn.


Good Point.


They could be piercings, no?


Piercings in what?? The have no ears!!
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Azrael



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 4810
Location: AWOL no more

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do pierce themselves in the strangest places...

http://alienlovespredator.com/index.php?id=27
_________________
Only the strongest will survive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:


*girds loins* I don't want to get into Old Testament/New Testament, but I really don't think God is saying "Do whatever the fucketh you want with My creations." It's possible to debate the meaning of "dominion" as intended to mean "protection" as a king would dominate and protect his people. He has total control, but he must use that control for the safety and wellbeing of the people. Or something like that.


Damn, I was going to make that sane and sensible point if only I wouldn't have gone into a frenzy over Intelligent Design in Dutch highschools. Good show, Holly!
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango wrote:
People do pierce themselves in the strangest places...

http://alienlovespredator.com/index.php?id=27


Today at work I saw a girl who had her throat pierced. Seriously.

Munan wrote:
Damn, I was going to make that sane and sensible point if only I wouldn't have gone into a frenzy over Intelligent Design in Dutch highschools. Good show, Holly!


It's easy to go into a frenzy over intelligent design. It's one thing to believe it, it's another to think it ought to be taught in schools. It's not science, people! It's religeon! Evolution is science. Whether it's the truth or not remains to be seen, but it's the accepted theory by scientists today, and that's what ought to be tought in science class. Science. Duh. It's frustrating, I know.
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that intelligent design has no physical proof going for it. The evidence for evolution is fucking overwhelming.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Except that intelligent design has no physical proof going for it. The evidence for evolution is fucking overwhelming.


That's my point. The scientific community is agreed that evolution is most likely, so that's what should be tought in science classes.
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Azrael



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 4810
Location: AWOL no more

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell pierces their throat?!
_________________
Only the strongest will survive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango wrote:
Who the hell pierces their throat?!


People who hang out in bookstores Laughing Seriously, she had a ring through the skin on her throat. I've only ever seen that in Hellraiser movies.
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You work in a bookstore?

Is there anything about you that's not loveable?
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaaliklosetti



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 1850

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is that huge, pale, yellowish growth on the side of her head, but if you give it a had and use a marker to put some eyes and a mouth on it, it's sorta cute.
_________________
bitchez n hose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group