Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Now that's cheesy
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
The Empire would squash the Federation like a bug.

Simply put the canon evidence supports my statement.

Too borrow Mike's words, The Empire could squash the Federation like a bug.
Yeah but the Borg would mop the floor with the Empire

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right. One Star Destroyer can easily destroy a Borg Cube. An SD has about as much lasers as the entire Fleet you saw at the beginning of First Contact.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
capfett

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cry a lot when I watch movies, and I cried during a few Star Gate SG-1 episodes, like when Daniel dies.
I cried at the end of Finding Nemo.
I like the song The Final Countdown.

Changing subject: Hey Aramor btw I like that new avatar, made it?
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

Look here for the rest of 'em

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
soul_incision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but then you gotta look at it like this... there is a lot more power in a borg cube than in an SD AND the Borg have transporter technology. andd if u take out the domes then the SD is defenceless leading a full on boarding by hundreds of Borg drones... cue assimilation... plus I'm sorry but sayin shit like 'resitance is futile' is a good point..and if the borg fail there's always species 8472... damn I really shoulda spent more time gettin laid than watching star trek when i was 16!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash_wednesday wrote:

The Empire has enough military resources to squash every super-power in the Star Trek universe (minus the omni-potents Q, God, and Trellane) hundreds of times over.

Even on a ship-to-ship basis, imperial vessels would absolutely squash the competition. The sheer mass, power output, shield power, accuracy, etc. Hell, storm troopers are billions of times smarter than almost all federation citizens (or the borg). I explain in The Corrupted Wish Game to Aramor that feds have implants in thier ass that prevent all sorts of benificial stuff, even masturbation is illegal by the prime directive.

The borg never sent more than one ship to Earth at a time, therefore, they are fucking dumbasses.
The borg was infected by a virus, therefore, they never assimilated computer firewall technology, and are dumbasses.
The borg had six months to solve the issue with Species 8472, with the processing power of billions or trillions of minds far superior to human intelligences, but it took a fedy hologram six hours, therefore, the Borg are complete dumbasses.
This one is the kick in the groin: we see in Voyager the borg are dependant on assimilating other species technology and knowledge in order to advance themselves, they have no room for advancement other than by acting as a parasite on other species, therefore, the Borg are dumbasses and wusses.

Read ST vs SW in five minutes dumbass. I assure you this guy knows what he's talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
ash_wednesday wrote:

The Empire has enough military resources to squash every super-power in the Star Trek universe (minus the omni-potents Q, God, and Trellane) hundreds of times over.

Even on a ship-to-ship basis, imperial vessels would absolutely squash the competition. The sheer mass, power output, shield power, accuracy, etc. Hell, storm troopers are billions of times smarter than almost all federation citizens (or the borg). I explain in The Corrupted Wish Game to Aramor that feds have implants in thier ass that prevent all sorts of benificial stuff, even masturbation is illegal by the prime directive.

The borg never sent more than one ship to Earth at a time, therefore, they are fucking dumbasses.
The borg was infected by a virus, therefore, they never assimilated computer firewall technology, and are dumbasses.
The borg had six months to solve the issue with Species 8472, with the processing power of billions or trillions of minds far superior to human intelligences, but it took a fedy hologram six hours, therefore, the Borg are complete dumbasses.
This one is the kick in the groin: we see in Voyager the borg are dependant on assimilating other species technology and knowledge in order to advance themselves, they have no room for advancement other than by acting as a parasite on other species, therefore, the Borg are dumbasses and wusses.

Read ST vs SW in five minutes dumbass. I assure you this guy knows what he's talking about.
Ok..knowing all that info is cheesy...geek! Very Happy

--Order of the Stick
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read ST vs SW in five minutes. Marvelous. A fucking Firespray can take on the Enterprise D. This would mean that an entire fleet of TIE Fighters could probably take out the entire Federation's Fleet.

Oh and you said that if the Borg boarded an SD they would fucking assimilate them... yeah right. Do you have any idea how many soldiers there are on board of an SD, all trigger happy. And besides, how are the Borg going to get close enough to board the ship?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one. I watch (and like) that Imaginary Friend show on Cartoon Network.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i never got about the star wars universe is how people can get their ship's shields back up by like fiddling with a few wires. I mean, shouldn't their batteries be drained and need time to recharge? what does playing with some wires do? they could be rerouting power but then they'd have no life support or not be able to travel as fast.

I thought borg shields were dependant on the the frequency of the phaser/laser or whatever. If a star destroyers first shot can destroy the borg ship then they have no time to adjust.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaconNeggs wrote:
One thing i never got about the star wars universe is how people can get their ship's shields back up by like fiddling with a few wires. I mean, shouldn't their batteries be drained and need time to recharge? what does playing with some wires do? they could be rerouting power but then they'd have no life support or not be able to travel as fast.

Who sais they lost the shields because the power is depleted. They usually lose shields because they are damaged. Ergo, certain circuitry and wires are damaged, thus with re-routing the power you get the shields back online.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do lasers go through shields unless they ran out of power? and why is it as easy as fiddling with a wire? If anything power would be computer controlled and routed that way.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic mechanism of sci-fi sheilds. An energy dampening field that will absorb incoming energy, spread it out over a larger area, and re-radiate it back out to space. However the actual abosrbtion and re-radiation takes compartitively large amounts of power compared to standby mode, and therefore the shield batteries are depleted somewhat.

Rerouting shield power to a direct link with the power generation system (yon fusion core for example) can be done in emergency situations, but stresses energy and energy protection demands, and doesn't last much longer than normal shielding. Under this type of situation, fuel for the primary reactor is used up more quickly, and heat-dissipation systems for the power core would be put to thier limits, any overload could seriiously fry the ship.

Physical objects are deflected by normal electro-magnetic repulsion. Gravitics may seem natural (the ship produces artifical gravity of its own), however electro-magnetism is a far more powerful force, many dozens of orders of magnitude for elementary particles. Requriments would be comparitiviely nil, as a gravitic shield system would need to generate mass the size of large planets for such shielding to work.

It ahs been speculated that physical objects can be deflecting using zero-point energy fields, but my knowledge on ZPE is very limited, therefore I have ommited this subject from this particular essay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bawled like a baby at the end of Flight of the Navigator, and this was just a few months ago...

Surprisingly, Short Circuit didn't hold up nearly as well as I thought it would.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
The basic mechanism of sci-fi sheilds. An energy dampening field that will absorb incoming energy, spread it out over a larger area, and re-radiate it back out to space. However the actual abosrbtion and re-radiation takes compartitively large amounts of power compared to standby mode, and therefore the shield batteries are depleted somewhat.

Rerouting shield power to a direct link with the power generation system (yon fusion core for example) can be done in emergency situations, but stresses energy and energy protection demands, and doesn't last much longer than normal shielding. Under this type of situation, fuel for the primary reactor is used up more quickly, and heat-dissipation systems for the power core would be put to thier limits, any overload could seriiously fry the ship.

Physical objects are deflected by normal electro-magnetic repulsion. Gravitics may seem natural (the ship produces artifical gravity of its own), however electro-magnetism is a far more powerful force, many dozens of orders of magnitude for elementary particles. Requriments would be comparitiviely nil, as a gravitic shield system would need to generate mass the size of large planets for such shielding to work.

It ahs been speculated that physical objects can be deflecting using zero-point energy fields, but my knowledge on ZPE is very limited, therefore I have ommited this subject from this particular essay.

Cool. Where the hell did you find that stuff out?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bits and pieces and stuff from around the web, mixed together with my own nitpickiness correcting the shit.

It's elementary Watson.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthkittenlover wrote:
I bawled like a baby at the end of Flight of the Navigator, and this was just a few months ago...

Surprisingly, Short Circuit didn't hold up nearly as well as I thought it would.
I saw those movies when I was a kid. I had to fight back the tears. Anyone remember the movie "Batteries not Included"? That was a tear jerker as well.

--Order of the Stick
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batteries Not Included... *looks to his right*
Yeah, it's somewhere in that big pile of videotapes. But when I saw it I was still vewwy vewwy young, and I didn't understand half of it...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Mr. Snugglepuff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy watching chick flicks...

If I were rain,
That joins sky and earth that otherwise never touch,
Could I join two hearts as well?
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit Simon, not another never-ending physics discussion. Sad
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's inevitable...

Whats cheesy? My nitpickiness and eagerness to dive into physics discussions...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Field of Dreams today and cried. Actually...I've been crying at lots of movies lately.
Your mom likes it rough.
With this turnstile.

i <3 73h b00b135
soul_incision

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaz wrote:
I watched Field of Dreams today and cried. Actually...I've been crying at lots of movies lately.

Did u also cry when the artist stopped drawing Bambi's mum? Mwaaahahahahaaaa.... buy me a pony!
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres something cheesy, i just spent 180 dollars pimping out my Strafe Zon in Diablo2. Got lotsa stuff, Goreriders, Faith, Gheeds, skill charms...
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
heres something cheesy, i just spent 180 dollars pimping out my Strafe Zon in Diablo2. Got lotsa stuff, Goreriders, Faith, Gheeds, skill charms...
now it will be funny when the Strafe dies....soon...

--Order of the Stick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: