Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Consoles which one?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which console are you getting?
Xbox 360
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
PS3
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/nukedashit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote 360 (more or less because of halo 3). But that is not to say i think the ps3 will suck. It will reign supreme as far as graphics go, and it has some spiffy new stuff being added.

Seriously tho, have u SEEN the graphics on Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, and them?

I dont really care about graphics, however. I choose for the games. I prefer the FPS genre and the current xbox is the better for that genre. My hypothosis is that the next gen consoles will be same way.

FPS and Fighting for 360. Sports and Racing for PS3.

Ps. i realize that plenty of fps's have been on ps3 and vice versa.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you SEEN the graphics of Unreal Tournament 2007? Well... here ya go!*

Exactly. The computer will always reign supreme.
*Each letter has a different link.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh. still not as good as ps3. ok, yah, maybe. But, i fuckin hate pc's. Consoles change every couple of years but pc's change constantly so you are never up to date, and you can never play the games that are coming out..
-- Zapp Brannigan
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they're still using 3D max for unreal. Everything still looks rubbery and fake.
Are there any FPS games where a PC player can play against a console? I imagine the PC would totally destroy the guy with the controller.

How can you say xbox is for fighting games when most of the major ones are PS exclusive? Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter.
Blazewing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xbox360 is probably deemed that it's for fighting games because of the Dead or Alive trailer. It's really quite nice.

Even though the PS3 trumps both the Revolution and the Xbox360 in all the technical aspects that matter, the price tag is really effective at stabbing my interest to death. I think the last stated amount was $465, with the lack of the standard rounded number (300, 400, etc) coming from the fact that you have to buy the hard drive seperately.

Right now, the Revolution, with its scheming, reigns supreme, mostly for the low price tag. And its backwards capability. And the fact that I'd need it to play Nintendo's (occasionally overused) franchises.

On a lighter note, Halo 3 is coming out the same day as PS3. I abso-fricking-lutely love that.
Isaac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is talking about the graphics, but it's all about gameplay for me. I don't really care if the PS3 has amazingly awesome graphics on a game if I don't really find the game fun to play. I love Mario games, so if a new Mario game's graphics are better, equal, or worse than that of the Gamecube's Mario, I'll probably get it and love it anyway.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazewing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as to the graphics and capabilities, people are buying the potential of the system. I mean, God of War seemed to be one of the first games that used the PS2's capabilities to their full extent and it came out admidst next-generation console hype. The best we can hope for is that the early games on the PS3 will be about as good as God of War and that it will progress from there.

On a side note, the Xbox360 essentially died for me due to the method of its unveiling-- Primetime MTV spot with the Killers performing, Elijah Wood hosting, and... some famous rapper interviewing.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i don't like is the controllers. The PS3 looks like some old PC controller from a few years ago, and the xbox one doesn't look very ergonomic. And they're all wireless. i prefer having the cable so i don't have to think about charging it or changing the battery. bluetooth doen't even transmit all that fast. I wonder how it'll work in a game room in a con where there's like 80 consoles in one room?
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the PS3's controller is really weird... I mean, if I wanted to play with a boomerang, I'd buy a dog... and a boomerang.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Blazewing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, all the controllers look essentially terrible. I mean, the design of the new consoles themselves fails to impress but the controllers released for the PS3 and the 360 (has the Rev's been released yet? I mean, it's their big secret I think...) seem like a step back. Instead of somehow improving on the designs, they just attempted to make them look futuristic by making them shiny... yet bulky-looking.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyboard and mouse is infinitely more intuitive and user-friendly to me than those damned gamepads.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you don't have to download weekly patches.

...Ugh, what are your thoughts about that thing for the 360 where users can buy in-game items with real life cash?
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Tekken or MvC2 is kinda hard on the keyboard.
When Playstation first came out i thought it was weird but it turned out to be one of the best controllers, so who knows. for PS3 the shape of it kinda looks like a steering wheel. Maybe they'll include a motion sensor in it so you can tilt it for use in driving games.
Oh dayamm, that means another $130 steering wheel for gran turismo 5. Hopefully the light guns still work since they're USB.
Slot loading mechanisms break down pretty easily, so i think that'll be a problem too.

Blazewing, ever play Gunbound? that game has the option of buying items for real cash, but the game itself is free. Since xbox has to pay subscription, the conclusion is that they're just money wh0res.
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the fighting games are so boring. All you do is fight someone. I got bored of those after Mortal Kambat 2.....

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazewing wrote:
Yeah, but you don't have to download weekly patches.

...Ugh, what are your thoughts about that thing for the 360 where users can buy in-game items with real life cash?

Dude, that's like the pinnacle of lamyness.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do guys remeber when sony showd the first picture of ps3
and it lookt like a toaster Wink
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it looks much better. except...instead of a controller, there is a boomarang sitting there?
-- Zapp Brannigan
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i now Very Happy
Blazewing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaconNeggs wrote:

Blazewing, ever play Gunbound? that game has the option of buying items for real cash, but the game itself is free. Since xbox has to pay subscription, the conclusion is that they're just money wh0res.

I've played it but never really got into it past the first half hour. I think that Everquest legalized and are now supervising it to some extent; I'll have to check an article as to whether it's on all servers or just a few. It's just an attempt to regulate it at this point more so that the Black Market of eBay isn't the only option for someone who wants to sell items or even entire characters.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunbound actually started it before Sony setup their selling system.
I like gunbound cuz your level doesn't really make a differnce if you go on the avatar off servers, so everyone is on a semi equal playing field.
And the immaturity level is pretty amusing at times.
infernomance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-under-the-looks-review-
PC VS. PS3 VS. Xbox 360 VS. rev.

-has popups and viruses lurking everywhere to ruin your 5,000 dollar machine?
PC-yes(-1)
PS3-godbless,no(0)
xbox360-godbless,no(0)
rev-godbless,no(0)

current scores: PS3-0 PC--1 xbox360-0 rev.-0
best graphics
PC-NAY,neive!(-1)
sure,you can come close,but face it,how much will an average user spend before giving up and spending a small amount of that at once and get a console that will last you longer,butn is graphicly superior
xbox 360-excuse me,what that word,ne,na,no!(0)
look carefully,while powerful,some things look like rubber,when i first saw that plant in the kameo comercial i thought it was an unlockable sock-em robots squeaker,also,see PS3
rev.-is it?is it?nuuuuuu!
nintendo has already released that its graphical power will not surpass the xbox,but will succeed past the "cube"(now with more "storage" capacity!)
PS3-w00tness!yeehaw yes!(1)
all the xbox junkies out there,watch MSG4 trailer,hold it in,cry,rinse,repeat,not to mention,the prototype used at E3 used only 75% of the power of the cell!,not to mention,this many game making companies would risk theyre rep lying,im still shocked by the reality of MSG4 and tekken unamed
current scores: PC--1 xbox360-0 PS3-1 rev.-0

is fully accessible to change-down to the last MB:
PC-finnaly!yes(0)
finnaly the PC gets some credit for its easily changed feel,you can cram a normal PC with about 6-10 GB worth of things,making it the ultimate media machine!

controller "feel"
PS3-sorta(1[1](half))
c,mon,everyone disses controllers at first,but what about its feel?sure,it looks like a boomerang and/or bananna,what if it actually WORKS?

xbox 360-sorta([1](half))
in my opinion,the controls seem....forgetable

PC-?yes?(1)
the PC mouse is one of the gaming wonders of the digi-world

revolution-yes!(1)
the revolution is one of the most amazing and oddball designs,it pretty much combines the remote,with the controller,with the mouse,combining an unlikely,but shocking design

scores: PS3-1[1] PC-1 revolution-1 xbox 360-[1]

is backwards compatible?
PC-DUH(2)
it doesnt take a brain surgeon to know it
PS3-the PS2 was compatible,obviously(2[1])
they wouldnt risk losing gems like SC||| and tekken 5
xbox 360:kinda(1)
they only let you play bestsellers,so if you like amazing but not-bestselling games,lose that dream
rev.-yes(2)
they recycle home games on powerful handhelds,if it gives them an extra buck buck buck they must add add add

PC-2 xbox360-1 PS3-2[1] rev.-2
cost:
PS3-kinda(3)
some people make up prices,but do you read?it costs them and average of 500 dollars,theyre pushing hard to push it down to an average of 400,so i had to atleast give it half a point

xbox360-nopers(1)
as far as i can tell,they paid under 399,and sold for 399,considering the fact that most of it is the online support

PC-depends on how long your waiting(2[1])
'nuff said,if you want to wait for your dream parts,wait some for a price drop,if you dont like waiting,get ready to pay bigtime

rev.-we have a winnah!(3)
because of the simplistic design,small size,and degraded graphicals,it wins this round

scores: PS3-3 rev.-3 PC-2[1] Xbox360-3

to be continued(not by me probally,cant be assed to work on a longer review)

anyways,long story short,i voted PS3

Last edited by infernomance on Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, please use proper English grammar. Don't make your post seem like a two-year old's rant.

infernomance wrote:
Has popups and viruses lurking everywhere to ruin your 5,000 dollar machine?
PC-yes(-1)
PS3-godbless,no(0)
xbox360-godbless,no(0)
rev-godbless,no(0)
Despite the fact that the new online capabilities of the consoles will mean that eventually, someone somewhere will make a virus... that will be a pain in the ass to fix. Smart computer users are safe from viruses, worms, and Trojans anyway, even without software.

infernomance wrote:
Best Graphics?
PC-NAY,neive!(-1)
sure,you can come close,but face it,how much will an average user spend before giving up and spending a small amount of that at once and get a console that will last you longer,butn is graphicly superior
For fucks sake. You dissed the PC because it's expensive. YOU ARE A BIASED MOTHAFUKA.

infernomance wrote:
PS3-w00tness!yeehaw yes!(1)
all the xbox junkies out there,watch MSG4 trailer,hold it in,cry,rinse,repeat,not to mention,the prototype used at E3 used only 75% of the power of the cell!,not to mention,this many game making companies would risk theyre rep lying,im still shocked by the reality of MSG4 and tekken unamed
*Laughing maniacally* YOU CALL THAT GOOD? HAHAHAHA! It still looks like rubber man! Rubber I say! Besides, the quality looks similiar to Unreal Tournament 2007 or Mass Effect. I agree it's good, but it doesn't make me drool more than any other 2006-2010 release.

infernomance wrote:
is fully accessible to change-down to the last MB:
PC-finnaly!yes(0)
finnaly the PC gets some credit for its easily changed feel,you can cram a normal PC with about 6-10 GB worth of things,making it the ultimate media machine!
You man, are stuck in 2001. I have a total of... letsee... 400Gb of media on my file server. Besides, where did you list the other consoles?

infernomance wrote:
controller "feel"
PC-?yes?(1)
the PC mouse is one of the gaming wonders of the digi-world
Not to mention keyboards, joysticks, control wheels, gamepads. All connectable via USB, and therefore practically plugíníplay when drivers are installed.

infernomance wrote:
revolution-yes!(1)
the revolution is one of the most amazing and oddball designs,it pretty much combines the remote,with the controller,with the mouse,combining an unlikely,but shocking design
The weird design is why it sucks. People have become accustomed to a set profile of control, introducing a new one will piss-off many players who are suddenly clumsy in their games. Besides, remotes are relatively un-ergonomic compared to gamepads, or keyboards & mice.

infernomance wrote:
Cost:
PC-it will be a cold day in hell before the prices drop(2)
'nuff said
My God the people are ignorant. Wait a few months and the latest, greatest parts will lower price drastically. Hell, the Radeon 9600 sells for less than 250 and can run most modern games well.

----------

In summary: *ZZZT!* OOPS TRY AGAIN!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know? I'm not sure what console will be better (nothing to do with one I'll buy, mind you) anymore.

Revolution? Not really that revolutionary graphics and gameplay wise. Good? Bad? Dont know. And dont get me started on the controllers.

PS3? 7-way split screen. Seven. Not even number like 8, you know, for even teams. This of course means that the tiny little screens will be triangular, cuz that makes sense. Although the controller is more or less the same, the extended handles seem quite pointless.

360? Looks to be headed down the right path. Good controller, good graphics, nice design. One problem. You cant buy the friggin' thing. God damn you Microsoft, god damn you. Also, alot of the games out suck (Gun, anyone?)

p.s.-I cant believe some of you are planning to buy all three or even two. Most people I know can't even afford the half-assed stripped down 360.

p.s.s.-I know that this post may seem biased because I said the 360 is headed down the right path. Im not biased, I just happen to think the 360 is a good console, even if the game developers dont really know how to make games that show its true power. Im sure the PS3 will be a great system when it comes out. I love playstation, but they really need to do some thinking, if you ask me. And as for the revolution, I dont know much about it except that the controller worries me and they're not worried about its power. Also, I realize that I may have to eat my words in the time to come.
-- Zapp Brannigan
AAATripper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my 360 and I love it but my particular system is being a bitch and doesnt retain memory too well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: