Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Other forms of entertainment.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

I have not played Halflife 2(damn laptop videocard) Is it a worthy sequal?
Hell Yes!
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Hell Naw!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
About as good as first Halflife.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Wait, I thought Halflife was a Counterstrike mod.
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

Werix

Location: Formally:Sheboygan Wisconsin Really: Green Bay Wisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Other forms of entertainment. Reply with quote

It seems that the general theme in the entertainment form is horror movies(Saw for some reason). Well i think that we are forgetting one important genre; Video games! If it wasn't for video games(AvP) the movie AvP may not have been made. So I'm going to go over some ov me fav's tell me your thoughts.

FPS(multipay): (Console) Timesplitters 2 (PC) AvP2 or Counter strike

FPS(Singleplay): (Console) Warhammer40k:firewarrior (PC) Deus Ex

RPG: (console) Lunar 2(and perhaps my favorate game ever!) (PC) Morrowind

Action: MGS2

Best Multiplay: Timesplitters 2

Most Scary: Eiter HalfLife(for scripted events) Or Manhunt(For atmosphere; perhaps the only thing the game has going for it)

Best use of Lisense(Movie and TV): Lord of the Rings:Two Towers(Im sure the second is better, just have not played it)

Biggest sequal disapointment: Deus Ex two.(havent played the whole thing, damn computer, but from what Ive played, not too hot)

Honorable meantions: Freedom fighters, Battlefield 1942, Suikoden series.

Give me your opinons and thoughts, and wait for my music topic!

ROCK ON SEVENDUST FOREVER!
Richiboom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to put my own two pence in... i hated Half-Life and it's sequal, i thought both were over hyped games of last-year engines (HL2 especially) but that is not my point. and now my games of recommendation...

FPS(multipay):(PC) AvP, AVP2, Q3F

FPS(Singleplay): (PC) Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, AvP, AvP2, XIII, Tron 2.0, Doom 3

RPG: (Console) Hack (PC) Morrowind, Original Baldur's Gate & Planescape

Most Scary: AvP if only for the tension present in Marine Levels, Doom 3 is also fantastic for this (plus it's bump mapping graphics really are fantastic)

Biggest sequal disapointment: Half-Life 2 (ARGH! I can't even complain about the bad story-line... as there was none)

Honorable meantions: XIII (again, i just love it's graphic engine) Starcraft. (the best RTS game if you ask me), Dungeon Keeper 2 (gotta love those Mistresses)
Werix

Location: Formally:Sheboygan Wisconsin Really: Green Bay Wisconsin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I completely forgot about Doom Three, that was purdy scary at first, like the atmosphere and such, but after that it seemed that the only scare tactic was spawning tons of hell nights infront of you. Beatuifl game though, and I do agree, the tension in the marine campain in AvP 2 is scary, that and two custom maps named Fear and Fear 2. Go to www.planetavp.com and look under the map of the week sections to find them.

ROCK ON SEVENDUST FOREVER!
Richiboom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why, call me a sap but i was really scared during the first marine level in avp1 (i think it's the fact that you fight so few aliens) and the second marine level of avp2 (that was mainly due to the motion tracker, the fact it kept picking up inanimate objects like the swinging hooks on cranes. i was SO on edge just waiting for an alien)

ooh and i just remembered (many of you im sure will laugh at this) but i found myself really creeped out when playing Obscure late at night with the lights out (i had to ask my lovely lady friend if we could stop playing after a while, as my nerves were shot)

oh and also of course resently i got freaked out by the 'haunted house' level on the new Vampire:TM game. but i think that's because the ghost looked far too much like Sadako, and she's evil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scariest game ever is Silent Hill 4: The Room
Black Clark Kent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must-play games: Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame 2!

Also, Siren.

These games are just creepy, both are for PS2.
Treach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problems with the Silent Hill series is the fucking control scheme. It didn't stop me from playing them, but the scares lose a lot of the impact when you're cursing at your guy/girl because he/she won't move right. Are the Fatal Frames and Siren easier to control?
Rob The Bold

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: scary games Reply with quote

The first AVP in singleplayer is far and away the scariest game around, while AVP2 is scarier in multiplayer. I read recently that AVP2 was voted the scariest game on Gamespy. I just wish they'd improve the marine/corporate taunts in AVP2, they really suck. KROG!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude who ever says halflife2 is ot good should cut thier head off with a chainsaw if u have steam u can get sillver and gold edition whic has every game with more better graphics and gameplay.u can get the normal with HL2 and CS:S(counterstrike:source).iwould get the silver edition because it has every game but no hats and all that stuff.gold has every game and the posters and hats and stuff but it cost $90 plus shipping and tax the silver only has tax so like your paying #62 or maybe $64
Nionix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you who don't like Half-life and say that it uses last year's engine is a dumbass. Your opinion is now officially void to me in every way.

Half-life is the shit. Half-life 2 is the shitter.

Doom 3 is the scariest game I've played, but I agree with Rob the Bold... AvP was damn creepy... and it's exaclty right, the first two missions are a creep-fest. I actually quiet playing the game for awhile after I was getting steadily creeped out, and suddenly BAM, you have 5000000 aliens running at you, and you have to run back to the goddamn ship and you're like "Fuck! I'm fucked!", and you see some person and you're like "Fuck! YOU'RE fucked! I'm out of here!" and just keep barreling. It was awesome.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chuoming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: warcraft3 Reply with quote

how come nobody here plays warcraft3? like Dota Allstarts v5.84b?
CHIKEN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i quite liked Half life 2 myself...never got around to completeing halflife 2 as i had to format over halfway throuhg and got fedup with it. Though hl2 is a bit short i must say Confused

Doom3 got tiring after about 10 hours. It really was nice at first. Quite scary too even....then it started to freak you/me out more then scare...then simply a shotgun fest..run aorund blast stuff that moves.

AVP and avp2 marine missions i can say are the scaryest games i have played...infact i refused to continue the mmisions after i think the second level or so Wink

Never tried silent hill. But DAMN silenthill/resident evil = bad for my hart lol

I cant take those.. Its more scary then fun to actually play...find the controlls clunky :\

The game I probably played the most or loved the most at the time would have to be either one of three.
Severance:Blade of darkness (3rd person hack/slash blood and dismemberment)
AVP2 (played multiplayer and joined my first clan)
Carmageddon 2:Carpocalypse now (WOOO THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!....(though it was buggy...and was impossible hard without cheating the progress missions but you could download cars off the net and stick them in your game! Surprised)

Needless to say that was my first experience with mods/additions to standard games. Anyone else interested in game mods rather then the full thing?

I find nowadays im much more interested in a good mod then a good game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fave FPS: timespliters 2
worst FPS: conspiracy: WOMD
fave rpg: none
worst RPG: all of them
fave action: GTA: San andreas
worst action: Hologram time traveller
fave multiplayer: 007: everything or nothing
worst multiplayer: ???
fave scary: Silent hill 3
worst scary: resident evil 1
Best liscence use: Star wars
worst liscence use: goldeneye rogue agent
Sequel disapointment: Devil may cry
Honourable meantions: Nooooooooo way!! Laughing
Behemothic Leviathonic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of my favorite games ever are 'Clive Barkers Undying' (a supernatural horror FPS set just after WW1) and 'The Suffering' (an violent but still scary survival horror where your character actually kicks ass as opposed to horrors more traditional helpless heros). I heartily recommend these two titles... Very Happy
Behemothic Leviathonic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops, double post Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: