Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Flame Paul W.S. Anderson
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Flame Paul W.S. Anderson Reply with quote

Some of you may say:''why,I liked AvP.'' but i say hell no.first hes telling the fans that its not his fault that the gory stuff that this movie needed was cut out.lie
2.he sucks as a director.have you seen all of his movies?he did one good movie that was event horizon
3.he sucks as a screenplay writer.Why did nearly no one had a favourite character in avp paul?because you suck
4.he is ruining good franchises.mortal kombat could have been awesome but paul f'd up,resident evil could have been awesome but paul f'd up and is still f'ing up with the third one being in pre production and he sucked at avp twice.screw you and go to hell paul.dont ruin anymore movies please.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to the man, not to the forums.
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you lack the rationale to refrain from flaming anyone doesn't mean the rest of the forumers do. And I find it remarkable that you lack any supporting information for ANY of your points beyond pure conjecture, personal opinion, and ramming information (or lack thereof) down our throats.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Flame Paul W.S. Anderson Reply with quote

The Huge Wing Wong wrote:
Some of you may say:''why,I liked AvP.'' but i say hell no.first hes telling the fans that its not his fault that the gory stuff that this movie needed was cut out.lie
2.he sucks as a director.have you seen all of his movies?he did one good movie that was event horizon
3.he sucks as a screenplay writer.Why did nearly no one had a favourite character in avp paul?because you suck
4.he is ruining good franchises.mortal kombat could have been awesome but paul f'd up,resident evil could have been awesome but paul f'd up and is still f'ing up with the third one being in pre production and he sucked at avp twice.screw you and go to hell paul.dont ruin anymore movies please.

1. Like there was so much gore in the other movies... wait, there was... ah, who cares...
2. Resident Evil was cool. Bit predictable and cliche, but cool... we got to see the nipple of Leeloo Dallas... and some other parts at the end of the movie...
3. I had a favourite character in AvP... Scar was awesome... Grid was cool to...
4. I liked the Mortal movies.... you mean the ones with James Remar right?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Scar definitely rocked. The jump-spin-spear-jab maneuver on the Queen near the end was AWESOME...perhaps the most effective on-screen demonstration of superior Predator agility ever.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Flame Paul W.S. Anderson Reply with quote

You're probably right about that. It doesn't look like a lot was actually cut from the movie, when the original script is taken into consideration.

Quote:

Pure opinion. You have the right to yours, but you can't expect anybody to take it as fact. And I didn't like Event Horizon.

Quote:

Lex, Scar, Miller, Weyland, and Adelle were all very cool characters and I liked them very much.

Quote:

Can't speak for the RE movies, but I liked the first MK and he didn't direct the second one, which is a good thing because it sucked much ass, in my opinion.

I'm not going to say Anderson is a great director, I'd say he's moderately good, but not brilliant. He did a lot of things wrong with AVP, but he did a lot right, and despite its faults it's one of my favorite movies. No, I'm not going to flame Paul Anderson.

Still internet married to Tripper.
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh....wing wong's post was too long so i didn't read too much of it.

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so i'm gonna have some explaining to do...

1.Why in the blue hell did they let Anderson write a script for RE although they already had one from George Romero,the god-fucking-father of zombies.Paul didn't even stay true to one of the games.The only thing all of them have in common(except for re4) is zombies an a virus.Woooohooooo Paul,you got the essentials.

2.How could Paul turn the greatest Horror franchise known today into some CGI Fagfast for 12 year old kids?Where is the suspense?Where is the Horror?None of the essentials from the Series is in the movies.

3.How can you fuck up the Alien franchise like that?Are you sick in the Head Paul?How can you make the Aliens look like they are so fucking superior in strength etc...?" Aliens kill 2 Predators no problem.But some human Chick with a spear can kick serious Alien ass???Hell no

4.Whats up with the tag line of the Movie?''Whoever wins,welose''
Well didn't the chick survive at the end?Didn't the Predators leave?So as long as the Tag line wasn't directed to the People who actually spent money on this crap it's wrong.

5.Paul first mentioned the script in 1994 to a guy who is now some important dude at Fox searchlights.thats nine freaking years for a decent story to come up with.But nahhh Paul thought he could first fuck up some other movies and than write AvP in 2 weeks.

6.-ONE poorly shot Alien-Predator fight
-Lack of character development, thus you don't give a damn about these people
-Explaining everything through a single character is the laziest thing a writer can do

7.He's the studios BItchboy.Everything he does is completely controlled by the fat bald guys in their huge offices.What does Fox wanna do?Kill the ALien Franchise for good?

Last but not Least even Sigourney Waver says it was a stupid idea to make AvP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I still think your avatar is too big.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i still think who cares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so i'm gonna have some explaining to do...

That makes two of us.

Quote:
1.Why in the blue hell did they let Anderson write a script for RE although they already had one from George Romero,the god-fucking-father of zombies.Paul didn't even stay true to one of the games.The only thing all of them have in common(except for re4) is zombies an a virus.Woooohooooo Paul,you got the essentials.

Haven't seen the RE movies, so I'll let this point be. I will say, though, that from the sound of it, he stepped away from the games so he could write his own movie, when he could have been lazy (as you call him later) and just followed any of the game plotlines.

Quote:
2.How could Paul turn the greatest Horror franchise known today into some CGI Fagfast for 12 year old kids?Where is the suspense?Where is the Horror?None of the essentials from the Series is in the movies.

This just shows that you're uninformed. At least 60 percent (and some estimates go up to 80) of the creature shots in this film were live action, and most of the 20 to 40% CG was used to augment the suit shots. And how do you expect him to show a swarm of Alien drones crawling all over the Queen without some CG? He uses CG sparingly, and only because he at least has a sense of vision.

Suspense and horror? Much like Aliens, AvP was more an action film and less a horror film. The suspense lies in not knowing where the Predators and Aliens are half the film, and it has to be an action film because there must be conflict between the two title extraterrestrials and not just between the creatures and the humans. You can't totally hide the location of the creatures and have them fight each other on-screen at the same time.

And there are several reasons why the PG-13 rating doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you can think of them on your own.

Quote:
3.How can you fuck up the Alien franchise like that?Are you sick in the Head Paul?How can you make the Aliens look like they are so fucking superior in strength etc...?" Aliens kill 2 Predators no problem.But some human Chick with a spear can kick serious Alien ass???Hell no

Hell yes. The two Predators got killed near the start because they were cocky and arrogant, which completely makes sense regarding what we know and would expect from the Predator psyche. If you think that human teenagers don't have those qualities in some degree, you're grossly misled. And the "human chick," as you call her, whupped the Aliens because she was creative and in the case of her first Alien kill, quick-thinking with a PREDATOR weapon at her side. She's exceptional among human beings, though you apparently missed that point. Paul's not sick in the head, he's ambitious with his characters.

Quote:
4.Whats up with the tag line of the Movie?''Whoever wins,welose''
Well didn't the chick survive at the end?Didn't the Predators leave?So as long as the Tag line wasn't directed to the People who actually spent money on this crap it's wrong.

Matter of opinion.

Quote:
5.Paul first mentioned the script in 1994 to a guy who is now some important dude at Fox searchlights.thats nine freaking years for a decent story to come up with.But nahhh Paul thought he could first fuck up some other movies and than write AvP in 2 weeks.

Now you're just throwing out assumptions about how Paul Anderson spends his time.

Quote:
6.-ONE poorly shot Alien-Predator fight
-Lack of character development, thus you don't give a damn about these people
-Explaining everything through a single character is the laziest thing a writer can do

"Poorly-shot" is an opinion with absolutely no specifics whatsoever, other than that it's between an Alien and a Predator. Ignored.

I think Paul Anderson made an effort to help the audience care about the human characters. The only flaw in that is that the audience is already looking forward to Alien and Predator fights, and thus most of them already don't care in the slightest about what happens to the humans and aren't about to start any time soon without going WAY too far into the histories of each individual character (unlike the Alien and Predator films, where it was just creature versus human). At which point, you might probably complain that Paul Anderson spent too much time on the human characters.

Explaining everything through a single character is not (totally) lazy in this case--Sebastian is the resident and only surviving expert on the expedition at the time, and it gives us all of the excellent scenes of Predators in ancient times. What would you have him write--a Predator conversation about the ancient past just as a device, and potentially muck around more than necessary with the Predator mythos?

Quote:
7.He's the studios BItchboy.Everything he does is completely controlled by the fat bald guys in their huge offices.What does Fox wanna do?Kill the ALien Franchise for good?

He listens to the studio because it HOLDS THE WALLET. He argues a point too far, and the movie doesn't get made, you don't get to whine some more about Paul Anderson. And you just screwed up the rest of your points by shifting blame for "killing the Alien franchise" (which is still debatable, as you can see) from Anderson to Fox.

Quote:

Last but not Least even Sigourney Weaver says it was a stupid idea to make AvP

So? And she didn't say it was stupid. If I recall, she simply didn't want to participate--which is fine, because they didn't need her at all, anyway. If you can find the actual article and prove me wrong on this point, feel free. From the looks of it, you need the research practice.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if u check the special disk from alien:ressurection she says its a stupid idea.

Quote:
Haven't seen the RE movies, so I'll let this point be. I will say, though, that from the sound of it, he stepped away from the games so he could write his own movie, when he could have been lazy (as you call him later) and just followed any of the game plotlines.

But if you do something new you should try to make it good and not so boring and unsuspense.

Quote:
This just shows that you're uninformed. At least 60 percent (and some estimates go up to 80) of the creature shots in this film were live action, and most of the 20 to 40% CG was used to augment the suit shots. And how do you expect him to show a swarm of Alien drones crawling all over the Queen without some CG? He uses CG sparingly, and only because he at least has a sense of vision.

Suspense and horror? Much like Aliens, AvP was more an action film and less a horror film. The suspense lies in not knowing where the Predators and Aliens are half the film, and it has to be an action film because there must be conflict between the two title extraterrestrials and not just between the creatures and the humans. You can't totally hide the location of the creatures and have them fight each other on-screen at the same time.

And there are several reasons why the PG-13 rating doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you can think of them on your own.

First of all i was still talking bout RE but nevermind.But Aliens had more suspens and Horror.AvP just appeared to be a Hollywood Popcorn movie.And i don't care what it was rated in the states or anywhere else.In Germany it was rated 16 so i can expext some gore.

Quote:
Hell yes. The two Predators got killed near the start because they were cocky and arrogant, which completely makes sense regarding what we know and would expect from the Predator psyche. If you think that human teenagers don't have those qualities in some degree, you're grossly misled. And the "human chick," as you call her, whupped the Aliens because she was creative and in the case of her first Alien kill, quick-thinking with a PREDATOR weapon at her side. She's exceptional among human beings, though you apparently missed that point. Paul's not sick in the head, he's ambitious with his characters.

Ambitious?How is it ambitious to kill almost every character in 30 minutes?its just the lazy man's way to get rid of some extra work.if he was ambitious he had been given some character to his characters.lol
Look at Aliens.Didn't you like Hicks and stuff because they had some personality?

Quote:
Now you're just throwing out assumptions about how Paul Anderson spends his time.

Well let me recap what he did in this 9 years.
1995:Mortal Kombat.Pretty much sucks.
1997:Event Horizon.Prettygood because of gore and Horror.
1998:Soldier.Wtf?Crap of the century award given to this movie
2000:The Sight(TV) never seen it
2002:Resident Evil.Pure crap
2004:AvP.Sucks imo.But not as bad as RE
This is what he directed.
Now lets take a look at what he wrote:
2000:The Sight(TV)
2002:REsident Evil
2004:AvP
2004:Resident Evil:Apocalypse

And just to make sure i get a wide spectrum lets check the ratings from imdb.com:

Mortal Kombat:5.1/10 (9.205 Votes)
Event Horizo:5.8 (16.153 )
Soldier:5.3 (5.857)
The Sight:6.1 (289)
Resident Evil:6.3 (20.119)
AvP: 5.5 (16.271)
RE:Apocalypse:5.7 (11.729)

So most of his stuff is crap.

Quote:
Explaining everything through a single character is not (totally) lazy in this case--Sebastian is the resident and only surviving expert on the expedition at the time, and it gives us all of the excellent scenes of Predators in ancient times. What would you have him write--a Predator conversation about the ancient past just as a device, and potentially muck around more than necessary with the Predator mythos?

But his writing is also factual wrong:: The film gives confusing and inconsistent accounts of the geology of the area around the pyramid. It is supposedly buried under 2,000 feet of ice on an island, yet the pure-ice tunnel leading down to it begins at sea-level (as proved by the existence of the whaling station at the upper end). The whaling station is thus supposedly built on ice instead of rock; this is a ludicrous proposition as it would only be constructed in a region where ice melted enough each summer to allow whaling ships to dock. Anything built on ice that thaws significantly each year would not last 100 years. This arrangement also places the pyramid and a large amount of ice below sea-level; the buoyancy and natural flow of the ice pack makes this highly unlikely and not is not something that could be accurately described as an island in the first place. Further confusion is caused by the scene at the end of the film in which a large tank falls into the water and plunges hundreds of feet towards an unseen ocean floor, supposedly directly offshore.

2:The story is set in October (summertime in Antarctica). It should therefore be daylight on the surface, and yet it's dark as night.

3:The term "Hunter's Moon" is from North American folklore and would not be familiar to Italy.

4: The full moon for October 2004 would be on the 28th, not the 10th

Quote:
He listens to the studio because it HOLDS THE WALLET. He argues a point too far, and the movie doesn't get made, you don't get to whine some more about Paul Anderson. And you just screwed up the rest of your points by shifting blame for "killing the Alien franchise" (which is still debatable, as you can see) from Anderson to Fox.

Jean Pierre Jeunet also listened to the studio but he used his crativity to create something different and nor some washed up kiddy movie.
What do you think was the problem of Ridley Scott or James Cameron?They actually didn't have the money they needed to do the stuff they wanted to do but the movies still kick ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1998:Soldier.Wtf?Crap of the century award given to this movie

There was only one crappy scene in that movie. The rest of the movie was awesome. Especially towards the end where he kicked the butt of those "new and improved" soldiers.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post are still too long

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying the science in AVP might not be totally correct and well researched?? I'm shocked! Seriously, I know there's a whole bunch that isn't quite scientifically sound about the movie, but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of it. I know there's no way human beings could have had a civilization in Antarctica because it's been uninhabitable since before Homo Sapiens actually developed, but that's okay, it's just a fun action movie with some cool characters (you might not have liked them, but I did, so meh). Nobody's making you like the movie, and you're welcome to your opinions, but trying to get us to join your crusade agains Anderson is just silly.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Raziel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw RE I thought it was meant to be semi-comedy,
toungue-in-cheek, like Scream.

For the love of God, please don't say I was wrong.

Anyway, AvP ruled as long as you didnt want ANY KIND OF STORYLINE WHATSOEVER. It was great to see a nice bit of combat between the two, and there were some awesome ideas (New predator disc, anyone?).
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah. All the effectiveness (minus homing/electronic-return capability), plus now travel-size for the Yautja on the go!

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the only thing i liked about avp.that shuriken thingy scar had.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least there's SOME common ground to be found. You didn't like Scar's jump-spin-thrust move on the Queen at the end?

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raziel wrote:

Anyway, AvP ruled as long as you didnt want ANY KIND OF STORYLINE WHATSOEVER. It was great to see a nice bit of combat between the two, and there were some awesome ideas (New predator disc, anyone?).
I didn't watch AVP for a plotline...i watch it for the fight sences. Growing up i watch all the related movies and the comic books. I had the first AVP comics form back in the day. Ever since then I waited for it to come on the screen. Seeing the predator and aliens go at on the screen was great. Who cares about the storyline.

--Order of the Stick
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raziel wrote:
When I saw RE I thought it was meant to be semi-comedy,
toungue-in-cheek, like Scream.

Only less tongues-in-cheeks Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
Well, at least there's SOME common ground to be found. You didn't like Scar's jump-spin-thrust move on the Queen at the end?

it looked somewhat retarded.like i dunno.just looked wrong to me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys know that 342 pixels is 1/3 of 1042... that's like one third of my screen... just thought I'd mention it Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you know i give jackshit about that? Very Happy just messin' around

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it. I'm beginning to like the Wing Wong guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: