Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
THat one annoying enemy....
    page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAATripper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: THat one annoying enemy.... Reply with quote

Pick a video game, any video game will do. Tell us all which enemy you found most annoying and why. Oh, and list the name of the video game as well.

My pick: Jackals from Halo. They caused much anger (which leads to teh Dark Side, which is cool...) on the Legendary Difficulty. I occasionally thought about scrathcing up the disc and screaming "WHAT NOW BITCH!" But then I thought better of it because the jackals cant hear me and if i could hear them they would laugh at me for scratching a game that cost me $50.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pff, tough one... especially caus I play too much videogames...

Well, let me just list a few:

Van Helsing - those stupid black, foggie, smoking, flying, sons of a vampire... do they have to leave some smoke behind when they die that damages me as I walk through it? I mean, the buggers are already hard to kill...

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Uruk-Hai Berserkers and Trolls with armour that stops your arrows from killing the bugger... well, they're just soo hard to kill that you just wanna throw your controller at them...

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - Uruk and Easterling Champions... they keep knocking me over...

Killzone - everything the Helghast throws at me and flies... I mean, do those Recon Droids really have to explode so close to me and damage me?

Shattered Galaxy - Mamos... stupid flying, acid-throwing bugs...

Command and Conquer: Renegade - every friggin NOD unit that shoots at my team mates during missions where I have to protect them...

Evolva - the Necrocyte Bugs... they just do so much damage... well, thank god I can fry the fuckers...

TimeSplitters 2 - everything that thinks it has the right to shoot me in the back...

James Bond: Nighfire - those stupid guards in the mission where you have to be stealthily... I wanna shoot 'em!!! Not stun them so they'll eventually press the alarm button... I wanna friggin shoot a Golden Bullet through their thick skulls...

Fallout Tactics - Scurrybots... either stay under the ground, or stay above the ground... don't blow my friggin cover by popping up and making me shoot you...

Star Wars: Battlefront - the Special units when they're not on my team... argh, die Wookiee! Die Droideka! Die Dark Trooper! Die Jet Trooper! Just friggin die!!!

Aliens Versus Predator - those stupid SentryGuns... they scare the friggin daylights out of me when I pop round the corner and start shooting...

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System - Zombiebots... just die after I kill you, don't put yourself back together, just friggin die!!!

Well, can't think of anymore...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jizzy in GTA:San Andreas.

Drive to the damn club, climb the scaffolding, fall and hurt yourself. shoot your way out, chase him all over town, and if you wipe out and he leaves your radar you failed the mission. Bastard.

Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot the countless characters in GTA: SA that you have to follow and kill... or that keep knocking you over with a baseball bat... or the drivers that just change lane all of a sudden while I'm driving by them on my bike, going "way too much"-miles an hour...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guh, annoying enemies? That's a long list. I'll try to keep it simple.

Doom II - Mancubus
These fat fucks just won't DIE! I load one rocked after another and they just keep spewing those goddamn flaming boogers at me, at a rate that makes my fucking chaingun seem slow! It takes the same time to kill these shits with the regular shotgun as it does with high power weapons! My hatred for these bastards has really gone so deep, that every time I see the Mancubus dying animation, I instantly orgasm.

I'm not kidding.

Starcraft - Queen
While not exactly dangerous, these flying shits really, really, REALLY piss me off by spewing glowing snot, parasites and those Broodling bastards at my defense lines, all the time! It's not going to do them any good, so why keep fucking around with it?

Baldur's Gate II - Mages
Since, after level 8, everything purely melee is more of a speed bump than an actual threat and/or obstacle, they really had to yank up mages for BG II. This, naturally, is an endless source of frustration to me. Every battle involving enemy mages, or pretty much anything that can cast magic, is very soon glowing with a variety of protection spells, that only really serve to tick me off. A good, high level fight would really be over in a matter of minutes, but I always have to wait for the cowardly fuckers to come out of their shells, always having to keep a Freedom Srcoll handy, in case the bastards start Mazing my character. If they just invested in Cloudkills and Fireballs, I'd actually have something to worry about, not just be pissed.

Civilization III - Samurai
These guys are just crazy. They actually slowed down my invasion of Japan, made living a tough task for my cavalry and actually disassembled my first PANZER. A fucking PANZER! Needless to say, I made it my personal goal to eradicate Japan in every game, before they get Chivalry. Sheesh.

GTA II - SWAT teams
Is it just me, or are these guys actually even more dangerous than the army?

That's about it. I think I nailed down the nastiest of the nasties, keeping the list from just stating EVERY ENEMY IN EVERY GAME, EVER.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most annoying? Let me see...

Half Life 2: Fast Zombies - One, two, three and they're in your face and it takes three shotgun blasts to get them off.

Doom 3: Chainsaw Zombies - Then run at you... they cut you up... you're dead.

Halo: The Flood (Library esspetially) - Wave after wave after wave after wave after wave after wave after wave... and then they start wlaking again...

Far Cry: The Helicopters - No way to kill them without turrets.

Baldurs Gate 2: Demi-liches - deals death faster than a fucking minigun.

Unreal Tournament 2004: Those fucking kamikaze people who run into your base and nuke themselves and you as thier buddies pick up the flag.

Last edited by Simon_Says on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Most annoying? Let me see...

Half Life 2: Fast Zombies - One, two, three and they're in your face and it takes three shotgun blasts to get them off.

Doom 3: Chainsaw Zombies - Then run at you... they cut you up... you're dead.

Halo 2: The Flood (Library esspetially) - Wave after wave after wave after wave after wave after wave after wave... and then they start wlaking again...
Far Cry: The Helicopters - No way to kill them without turrets.

Baldurs Gate 2: Demi-liches - deals death faster than a fucking minigun.

Unreal Tournament 2004: Those fucking kamikaze people who run into your base and nuke themselves and you as thier buddies pick up the flag.

I don't remember if there is a library in halo 2 , but I think your thinking of Halo 1.

anyway the enemy I get pissed of at is in Dynasty warriors err 4 i think
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: hey hey Reply with quote

THE END (the end is a boss) in metal gear solid 3 Mad

those RPG snipers in mercenaris Mad

those xenomorph in predator: concrete jungle Mad

those hydra planes and police helicopters in gta san andreas Mad

pigsy in gta san andreas

snipers in hitman 2 Mad

fast zombies in half life 2 Mad
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Snipers in James Bond: Agent Under Fire.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the enemies that can use Iron Maiden in Diablo II are a real pain. As are the zombies in Diablo that can permanently reduce your maximum life.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Maiden makes melee a bitch. But when you're a necromancer with an army of 23 total skeletons (13 warriors, 10 mages.) and 30 revived hell bovines (from the secret cow level) you dont have to worry too much about the zombies or those Iron Maidened Night Lords.
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I prefer the Assassin from LoD, so I'm probably going to have to use a few non-melee skills and Traps when I get to there. I only get to play at my cousin's house, so I'm only in Act III so far.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words: Lightning Sentry.
Glen-Quagmire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see..

GTA: Vice City - Xbox
Any law enforcement after THREE stars.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Xbox
The monsters under the jail itself. Takes 500 pistols shots, 20 shotgun blasts, or 5 grenades. Choose.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Xbox
ISDF Agents in the Bahthouse level. They have THERMAL, so sneaking in the dark won't cut it.

About it for me.

"Giggity, giggity, giggity!"
ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got past David Cross's biplane mission in GTA:SA.

TOUGHEST CHALLENGE EVER.

Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

They only take one shot if you know how to aim. Twisted Evil
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

I hate having to resort to immature innuendos, but this sentence is just asking for it (especially after reading the VGCats archives)...

Shotgun blasts? You mean pump action?

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Blaster, it take sless hosts if you use secondary, but sometimes you just mididrect your attention for a plit second and they're in your face, and if you don't realize, somtimes it hard to shoot when the crosshair is flailing like mad. Three is my average, but well placed seocndary shots work wonders (shoot them when they jump at you from another rooftop and proceed to laugh as they tumble below.)

Blast as in actual trigger-pulls.
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, secondary with the shotty is identical to primary, and I never used it anyway. The key is aiming for the head, of course. Odds of liberating a head crab are pretty good though.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:
Just got past David Cross's biplane mission in GTA:SA.

TOUGHEST CHALLENGE EVER.

Which one was that again exactly?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster, the secondary trigger on the shotgun fires both barrels at once, dealing about double damage. Takes two shells as well.
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, what the hell are you talking about? Is this some mod or expansion or something? The shotty in HL2 is a single-barrel pump-action.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that litting thing just below the top barrel? That's right, the second barrel.

The Half Life 2 shotgun has two modes of fire:
a) Primary fires one barrel, dealing substanital damage in its own right, but extremely crappy for mid-long distance combat.
b) Secondary fires both barrels at once, releasing twice as much lead and dealing ~2x damage. This mode takes up two shells per shot. Mid-range combat is actually possible with this method of fire, but it's a waste in larger encounters.

Do you even have the game?
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just thought that was part of the stock. Embarassed Oh well, this doesn't change the fact that I can aim better than you can. Evil or Very Mad
AAATripper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can aim better than all of you. In the original half-life i used the pistol like it was the Halo pistol. i just kicked ass. 3 head shots does the headcrab zombies. 5 will take care of those pesky marines. Getting a head shot wasnt that hard. ANd then i started kicking MAJOR ass once i came across those gigantic stupid Blue THings. I know how to kill them... with 5 or 6 of those det packs.

Oh, and another annoying enemy. ZERGLINGS. wave after wave after wave. or all at once. 40 Photon Cannons will not stop 400 zerglings.

Yet another pissant of an enemy. THis goes for all Fighting Games. The stupid next door neighbor kid that can beat u down in SOul Calibur/MK/any duel game because he mashes one button that does very little damage, but its lightning quick, so you have no chance to retaliate, and it would be just ok to drop your controller at that point. Or jsut do what i do and jump away after he pulls off that piece of crap move. Then hit him with the only ranged combo you know because he sure as hell won't know that you could do that. Then he'll say that you're cheating. Then he complains to mommy. THen you get grounded. Stay the hell away from fighting games if ya know whats good for ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: