Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Abe -can- score
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruthless Nate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a Starfleet uniform, a Predator costume and a Batman costume (a good one). Then I'd be happy costume wise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cognitive wrote:

And if I had a dog, he'd have that costume:

or this one

or this one

On a side note..Congnitive..why can't I find a girl like you?

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they try to avoid you?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Sapphire Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, give me all the suits used in Batman: Dead End, and I WILL die happy.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Woah it's a her?

Oh shit.

*Runs away with a drunken stagger to his steps.*

Yarrr come to the Sea Ladie! Where being drunk and thinking women are men is alright, unless you think that a man is a woman and try to kiss, then ill have to ask you to leave my ship, YArrr!

Damn i need a xeno costume, Yarrr Yo ho
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Yarrr come to the Sea Ladie! Where being drunk and thinking women are men is alright, unless you think that a man is a woman and try to kiss, then ill have to ask you to leave my ship, YArrr!

Harr, but what if you kiss a woman because you think he is a man? Yarrrrrr...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
capfett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Woah it's a her?

Oh shit.

*Runs away with a drunken stagger to his steps.*

Hehe ya you got me confused with the previous post. Hot sisters? So? ; )
capfett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthless Nate wrote:
Give me a Starfleet uniform, a Predator costume and a Batman costume (a good one). Then I'd be happy costume wise.

Oh yea a Batman costume would be so sweet. I love the new Batman btw they chose a great actor for the role, and he looks hot in the suit : P hehe
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:

Harr, but what if you kiss a woman because you think he is a man? Yarrrrrr...

Meh...I mean Yarrr, it matters not!
capfett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash_wednesday wrote:

On a side note..Congnitive..why can't I find a girl like you?

Same reason I can't find a guy I like, because -most- people are bitches and assholes, because of how society makes 'em grow.
I hope you find a girl like you want Smile
Personnally I gave up on men. I think I'll always be single. I accept it.

(...work...)

See, girls (and guys but I'll use girls here), in like a lot of countries, are just influenced by the pop culture and shit on TV so they grow up feeding interests like 'guys, makeup, being pretty, slutty, bitchy..'

So like, correct me if I'm wrong, but you, like most 'geeky guys' (saying that in order to exclude all the highschool footballers if you know what I mean), would like an intelligent girl, who likes computers and games and cartoons and movies etc. and that don't flip out cause they broke their nail (unless you think that is cute) and that don't have a minimum of 1 hysteria attack per day. You clearly won't find that in the average girl. Just like I won't find the type of guy I like in the average man. I know it's sad, but there are some girls out there that you'd like.

Personnally, because of how I perceive men, (assholes/think only about sex), if a guy like you (i don't know you though you might even be an asshole Wink ), if a guy like you came to see me, I'd probably not even want to get to know you cause I just don't want to go through that stuff again. So I know, that sucks, I'm probably now the only one that would do that. sawry :/
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a geek makes highschool just that much harder Cognitive. But its all cool. I am Napoleon Dynamite (at least thats what they call me) Cool . I'm the cool kid on the block and I still cant get a girl.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cognitive wrote:

Personnally, because of how I perceive men, (assholes/think only about sex), /

Yaarrrr, I'm a fighter not a lover, but nay, I am not an asshole, me true love is the Sea! (why do I keep saying that...?)
[/quote]
capfett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:

Yaarrrr, I'm a fighter not a lover, but nay, I am not an asshole, me true love is the Sea! (why do I keep saying that...?)

Because Captain Jack Sparrow is just THAT cool : D
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cognitive wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:

Because Captain Jack Sparrow is just THAT cool : D

Truly, but i'm not sparrow, Me be a predalien pirate. YArr
desert_drum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cognitive wrote:

Personnally I gave up on men. I think I'll always be single. I accept it.

God, I have to know...how old are you? If you're under 35, it's a little soon to give up, because people *do* grow the hell up eventually. Some take until 35 and beyond to do it, but by then, you're going to see what you'll get in most cases. A lot do get on with the act of being adults sooner than that, but it still requires some patience to find them.

Cognitive wrote:
See, girls (and guys but I'll use girls here), in like a lot of countries, are just influenced by the pop culture and shit on TV so they grow up feeding interests like 'guys, makeup, being pretty, slutty, bitchy..'

I agree, and I'm also with Frank Zappa on what that culture does to people's ideas of what love is. We're all fed on TV, movie and (especially) musical ideas of luuuuuuuv to the point where even smart people usually come to it with hugely unreal expectations. It can take a long time to realize shit doesn't work like in songs, and I think a lot of relationships collapse under people until they *do* realize it.

Cognitive wrote:

So like, correct me if I'm wrong, but you, like most 'geeky guys' (saying that in order to exclude all the highschool footballers if you know what I mean), would like an intelligent girl, who likes computers and games and cartoons and movies etc. and that don't flip out cause they broke their nail (unless you think that is cute) and that don't have a minimum of 1 hysteria attack per day. You clearly won't find that in the average girl. Just like I won't find the type of guy I like in the average man. I know it's sad, but there are some girls out there that you'd like.

In my experience, this kind of girl and the guys who like her wind up friends 90% of the time, and for some reason don't ever think about anything else until they get a good bit older. Why that is, I have no clue at all, but it happens a lot.

I suspect this will sound familiar to a lot of you: Thee were four of us - a science/history geek, a math geek, an English geek, and a geek who made 99% of the rest of the world (including other geeks) look stupid. We knew one another from grade school on, and it was the gender mix of choice for everyone, but no one ever dated until we all hit our early 20s. When dating did happen, it happened once, lasted about 2 months, then disappeared with nary a ripple on the surface of us as four people.

Not one of us settled down with someone before age 25. Two were in their mid-30s, and I'm the laggard, into my late 30s before I shacked up. Lots of other brain/geek/nerd types we all know followed a similar pattern: intellectual early bloomers, relationship late bloomers. I'd guess that's because bright people rarely settle; we want good, not "I guess that's good enough."

Oddly enough, I'm with the high school (and college) footballer. He's no dummy by far, but he's much more physically engaged with the world, the kind to do rather than ponder. He freely admits he wouldn't have looked at someone like me in high school, and dated Little Miss Ibrokeanail in her many forms, but when he hit about 25, he started realizing there wasn't much future in dating women who, no matter how flawless-looking, he didn't like very much. That's about when we met the first time, and it's taken us forever, but here we are.

So yeah, to all my fellow geeks out there Smile ...it's hard, and I was lonely a lot, for years, but don't lose hope. We tend to take a long time getting around to choosing a mate, but I don't see a lot of the egghead type who stay alone forever.
capfett

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:

God, I have to know...how old are you? If you're under 35, it's a little soon to give up, because people *do* grow the hell up eventually(...)

I guess I gave up on guys too soon : P
We'll see anyway what happens in the future. I'm not saying -NO- it's just that I have a hard time falling in love anyway.
Most my friends are guys, they are cool and nice, and I'm not in love with them. That's another exemple for your theory of "only become friends". It's true.
And I wouldn't go out with a "he's good enough I guess" either. I just wouldn't go out with someone I'm not in love with, and I wouldn't fall in love with a "he's good enough" guy Razz

I also find myself too busy with other stuff to go out with anyone anyway. I need someone that has very close interests, I don't care if the guy likes stuff that I don't and vice versa, it's fine, but like, I snowboard and ride a bike, I wouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't either ski or snowboard, or isn't willing to start. I guess it's fine if he isn't a biker (sport biker please!) but, it's one of my passion see, I would be like: "see ya I'm going riding".

I think I'm just the type that needs to be single.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some women who know the human species is fucked up! We may survive the century!

Metal_Pred wrote:

Damn i need a xeno costume, Yarrr Yo ho

I need to get a Jack Sparow replica costume, and I'm working on growin a beard like that man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That costume rocks. I was the Predator for Halloween last year, and even though only the mask was completely finished, I still inadvertantly made a bunch of kids cry. Neutral

Speaking of costumes that rock, check out the Pred suit this guy made out of foam.

http://www.raptorarts.com/CostumePredator2.html
Warrior Alien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh! I new a guy who had a xeno suit! He dressed up in it for halloween and I helped lure kids into the unsuspecting path of doom. We made a countless number of adults and children cry, quite a few dropped a butt-load of candy (I mean full brown bags!) and we split the goods. Sadly, I don't know where he lives now.

Poke me...I'll bite your hand off.
Ruthless Nate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
Being a geek makes highschool just that much harder Cognitive. But its all cool. I am Napoleon Dynamite (at least thats what they call me) Cool . I'm the cool kid on the block and I still cant get a girl.

Yeah, I'm considered one of the cool nerds, since I'm also a musician and in with that crowd. I'm popular enough that a lot of people I don't know somehow know my name, but I still can't get a girl for the life of me, and I'm too cowardly to approach one. All three girlfriends I've had approached me first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthless Nate wrote:
Yeah, I'm considered one of the cool nerds, since I'm also a musician and in with that crowd. I'm popular enough that a lot of people I don't know somehow know my name, but I still can't get a girl for the life of me, and I'm too cowardly to approach one. All three girlfriends I've had approached me first.

You sound just like how I am in real life. Well, minus being a coward around the lady-types.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also actually really shy when it comes to girls... most of the girls I meet I end up being real good friends with... but hey, like a buddy of mine said: there are 3 billion women on this rock, what's the chance that none of them will like you...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cognitive wrote:
desert_drum wrote:

God, I have to know...how old are you? If you're under 35, it's a little soon to give up, because people *do* grow the hell up eventually(...)

I guess I gave up on guys too soon : P
We'll see anyway what happens in the future. I'm not saying -NO- it's just that I have a hard time falling in love anyway.
Most my friends are guys, they are cool and nice, and I'm not in love with them. That's another exemple for your theory of "only become friends". It's true.

I also find myself too busy with other stuff to go out with anyone anyway. I need someone that has very close interests, I don't care if the guy likes stuff that I don't and vice versa, it's fine, but like, I snowboard and ride a bike, I wouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't either ski or snowboard, or isn't willing to start. I guess it's fine if he isn't a biker (sport biker please!) but, it's one of my passion see, I would be like: "see ya I'm going riding".

I think I'm just the type that needs to be single.
wow..uhm anyway. Funny we are alot alike. I have pretty much the same view so to speak. (BTW I'm 27.) If I was dating a girl I would at least try some of her hobbies. Just to be fair since it would be nice if she would try some of my hobbies. I do like to bike btw..i just don't have one at the moment.

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cognitive wrote:
also find myself too busy with other stuff to go out with anyone anyway. I need someone that has very close interests

Or you can do like my girlfriend and me. We have similar interests, but also different, and also, we always thought we were too busy for a relationship and just needed time for ourselves, you know, growing up t be a person in our own right, not one halve of a couple (we met when we were still quite young).

But we were also very much in love.

So we waited 8 years before we started to live together and that was actually very good for us.
I also totally agree with you and desert_drum (who clearly knows more about postmodernism than just metafiction) about girls and boys and culture pushing us in a certain direction. I realise how happy I am to have found my truly original, non-girlish but very feminine girlfriend. If you excuse me now, I'll go and tell her this.

Aramor wrote:
I'm also actually really shy when it comes to girls...

Dude, you shouldn't be. Only be shy for cute-points, but not out of insecurity. There really is no reason for that.
capfett

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book_Wyrm wrote:

Speaking of costumes that rock, check out the Pred suit this guy made out of foam.

http://www.raptorarts.com/CostumePredator2.html

Yea that is sweet! My bro started one last year while I was working on the alien one, we wanted to be like a pair. But him too didn't have time in the end. He had started the head with foam, but the rest he had planned on using cardboard.

munan wrote:
So we waited 8 years before we started to live together and that was actually very good for us.
I also totally agree with you and desert_drum (who clearly knows more about postmodernism than just metafiction) about girls and boys and culture pushing us in a certain direction. I realise how happy I am to have found my truly original, non-girlish but very feminine girlfriend. If you excuse me now, I'll go and tell her this.

Aww so nice Smile hehe
I'd surely wait a long time before I'd move in with a bf that is for sure. I need space! I can't even go out 2 days in a row with friends, on the second day I feel like I've had enough social action and need to recover.

ash_wednesday wrote:
wow..uhm anyway. Funny we are alot alike. I have pretty much the same view so to speak. (BTW I'm 27.) If I was dating a girl I would at least try some of her hobbies. Just to be fair since it would be nice if she would try some of my hobbies. I do like to bike btw..i just don't have one at the moment.

I'd try some of his hobbies too of course. But like, I'm quite adventurous I think, as in wanting to skydive (went parachuting before, chute opens up 5 seconds after you jump), surf, try that kind of stuff, etc. Wanting to travel a lot, which I done quite some already, If I had the money and/or a little more courage, I'd be going to live in England for 6 months, then France, then Japan, then Australia, etc.

I'd want a guy adventurous like that. See I'm crazy maybe but I think if I were to be in an "almost plane crash" where everyone survives but almost didn't, I'd be like "that was fucking cool" even if on the moment I'd be like "AHHHHH". Although up to now I haven't been the yelling type. I'm more like the silent and observe and try to react properly type. But maybe if I were in an airplane that was going down, I'd be yelling, I don't know.

Anyway my point is, I'd want a bf that has very similar interests. At least spiritually-wise he should think pretty much like I do, and be adventurous, and open-minded, well balanced / not extremist, ...
I'd have to admire him for how he thinks and acts, I couldn't be with someone that has different opinions about 'life', because, I wouldn't admire him, unless he brought new perspective that I found intelligent and change my mind on things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: