Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Crusader for Christ!
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Crusader for Christ! Reply with quote

http://www.christgear.net/

I... I really am left without words with this one. I just thought I'd post it for others to gawk at. And in case you've actually bought something of theirs, <insert witty challenge to your morality here>.

Man.
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. I'm so SICK AND TIRED of this kind of people.

They make me wanna go BOOM
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm confused. Did you just say that you're sick and tired of people like me, going around pointing fingers and laughing at the funky religious people, or the funky religious peeples themselves?
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funky religious people who don't realize someone may go jihad on their asses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of shit really bothers me. I'm trying to raise a kid in this world and I know it's not the best place, but a battleground. Fuck that. I hate this shit. It's like the time my son and I were walking outside in the snow. He looks at me and says "Mommy snow comes from Jesus". He gets that shit from my mom. I looked him right in the face and said "Actually sweetheart snow is dust particles on which the condensation from the air has frozen, making it too heavy to stay in the atmosphere at which point it falls to Earth." He glares back at me and yells "NO! Snow comes from Jesus." Man was I pissed. It's that exact kind of short-sighted closed-mindedness that burns my ass. If you think that your beliefs are right, fine just don't force them on me and actively campaign against my beliefs.

Wow, I might have taken this too far...... Evil or Very Mad
desert_drum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sites are generally trouble whenever they're Liberally Sprinkled with Randomly Capitalized Phrases - it's as good as guaranteed that someone's going to Say Something Loopy before too long.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A high percentage of americans believe the theory of evolution is bullshit... That is frightening. Now I'm starting to believe those claims that mankind may not survive the next few centuries.

I can understand those people in third world countries and such, as well as those places such as Cuba where knowledge is a rare gift, but in first world capitalisms? Somthing is definately going wrong.

These aren't the middle ages. Discoveries have been made and either people are truely that stupid and/or the governments/corperations is trying to herd the people like oblivious cattle. The world wasn't created in seven days only a few tens of thousands of years ago, as we have analyzed rocks from millions of years before, and witnessed astronomic phenomena many billions of years old.

I am a very devout catholic, but I'm not a creationist. I will not ignore the facts, and cannot understand why scientists world-wide would be faking their discoveries. It just doesn't make sense. It was these discoveries based on what the creationists would call 'hypocracy' that make day-to-day life possible. Evolution was measured in a laboratory. You 'd be really stupid to argue with that.

I find it very sad that most of the 'modern' world still lives with medeival mindsets. It's astounding, appaling, and makes me nauseous.
George

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that
AAATripper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question for the fanatics that created that site. If the universe jsut appeared and God made it, who the hell made god??!!

Obviously, Darwin's Theroy of Evolution is more than just a theory. It's the truth.

Snow does not come from Jesus. He died about 2005 years ago and dried ice was not exactly available at the time (if you distribute dried ice throughout a rain cloud you can make it snow! no really, watch the History CHannel sometime)

Rain is not God's tears, it is condensed H20 in the atmosphere (as said by InvaderJess)...

Natural Disasters do not come from the anger of the Gods. They are caused by instabilities in the very air.

Just because some Christian with a PhD said it doesnt mean it's true. Same goes with the other religions.

Being Aethiest (like me) does not make me evil. It makes me unique. DIfferent. A change from the fanatics that crawl over this world and all those solicitors of Religion. I stand out amongst the crowd.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InvaderJess wrote:
It's like the time my son and I were walking outside in the snow. He looks at me and says "Mommy snow comes from Jesus". He gets that shit from my mom. I looked him right in the face and said "Actually sweetheart snow is dust particles on which the condensation from the air has frozen, making it too heavy to stay in the atmosphere at which point it falls to Earth." He glares back at me and yells "NO! Snow comes from Jesus." Man was I pissed. It's that exact kind of short-sighted closed-mindedness that burns my ass.

Well, to be honest I'm not sure what you were angry at. "Snow comes from Jesus" isn't meant to be taken as fact, it's just the kind of thing that you say to young children who can't yet understand the concept of condensation and precipitation. When I was a kid, my dad told me that thunder is just giants bowling in the clouds. Obviously he was just comforting me, and saying that was more comforting than saying, "Thunder is just ionized air expanding in the heat of a lightning strike."

I really hope that you guys don't think all Christians are like that, or even most. Yes, there's the whole "Flyover States" attitude of rabid fundamentalism that's too prevalent, but many Christians like me are pretty socially liberal minded, aren't in favor of the war in Iraq, and accept the story of the Creation as more of an analogy than a story to be taken literally. Even those who do believe in a literal Creation don't believe that rain is really Jesus's tears or anything. Believing in God doesn't have to mean you're anti-science, or that you refuse to see evidence.

Sorry to ramble. I just hate seeing crazy people representing me like they know me. Get out of my religion, you're making me look stupid!

Still internet married to Tripper.
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned teaching my child simplified answers to difficult questions is just fine, but make it something at least partially scientific. Nothing connected to any sort of deity. I want my child to be able to discern what is and isn't true on his own. I don't want my child to be like so many sheep lead to the slaughter. A correct simplified version of the answer to the question "where does snow come from" is "Snow is frozen rain honey." If he continues with the question of "Where does rain come from" That would be a perfect oportunity to do a science experiment to teach him how water takes a gaseous form by boiling it. There's no reason to bring theology into it. I'm not saying my answer was the correct one, but I was upset that my mother would teach him that sort of thing when she knows I don't approve. I could have handled the situation better, but even as a child, I don't think we should be pushing ignorance.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree your mom shouldn't have been preaching to your son if she knows that you don't want him to have a religious upbringing. It's your job to teach him, and she really should respect that. I was just confused a little about what you were angry at.

InvaderJess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Holly, you know you're my chick.....

In a totally non-lesbo kind of way.

I'm not confused about my sexuality, no sir.

Uh.....

I don't think I've had enough sleep lately. Rolling Eyes
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents always made sure that my grandmother wouldn't "confuse me with that christian bullshit nonsense". When I asked where babies come from, my mum would actually explain the whole biological process and I was content with that knowledge. I suppose it's about how you tell it and not what you tell.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO as not to further offend anyone, I will point out that that was aimed at the fanatics, not the devout worshippers. WOrshipping is ok, making everything about who you worship is not ok. Holly is all cool. The Reverends of the 14th century are not.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Those are totally being sold by a time travelling reverend!
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! Yes, it all makes sense now.
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
These aren't the middle ages.

Actually, I'm starting to believe more and more that the only thing one can call these times is the middle ages.

Lately, the bloody minister of education in the Netherlands, where I from, had the fucking guts to suggest creotionism should be discussed during biology classes as a serious alternative to the evolution theory (which is confusing apples and pears: the evolution theory is a theory, the argument that there was a supreme being Who created all this is a construct - they might both be true or false, but can not function as alternatives for each other: the one is science, the other religion). We're talking about a civilised, European country, with on of the highest educated populations in the world!

I was so angry, i went BOOM

But anyway, we're going down the drain once again, like fucking lemmings.

You mentioned jihad. This site mentions crusades. I'm from a muslim/christian background, living in a western country and find all of this extremely scary. Because, either way: I'm fucked.

Anyhoo, I'm getting worked up again. I should relax. Excuse me all, but I just had to...
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munan wrote:
Lately, the bloody minister of education in the Netherlands, where I from, had the fucking guts to suggest creotionism should be discussed during biology classes as a serious alternative to the evolution theory (which is confusing apples and pears: the evolution theory is a theory, the argument that there was a supreme being Who created all this is a construct - they might both be true or false, but can not function as alternatives for each other: the one is science, the other religion).

Yeah, see, this, I don't like. It's been happening in many midwestern and southern states of the US, and it's really hard to understand. Biology is a science. Geology is a science. Chemistry is a science. So why are these science professors expected to teach religeon? They're not there to indoctrinate, they're there to make sure the students understand science. And science today is not based around the notion that God created everything, unlike four hundred years ago. It's the parents' responsibility to teach religion, and the teachers' responsibility to educate.

Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm confused. Did you just say that you're sick and tired of people like me, going around pointing fingers and laughing at the funky religious people, or the funky religious peeples themselves?

Dude! You don't make me sick and tired! You just make me reach for my Vader-like mask so that I can start breathing astmatically!

hhh...hhh...

Took that shower already?

hhh...hhh...

No offence, though Wink

Apologies to all present for my hysteric reactions. It's just something that concerns me very much, personally. Holly, I agree. Totally.

hhh...hhh...
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
Being Aethiest (like me) does not make me evil. It makes me unique. DIfferent. A change from the fanatics that crawl over this world and all those solicitors of Religion. I stand out amongst the crowd.

You should have put a little more thought into typing that. Having a religion is not being conformist, and people with religion are not always fanatics trying to convert others. I could just as easily say that aethiests have closed minds without any sense of direction or value in life. Wouldn't you be more than a little ticked off after hearing/reading that?

It's those kinds of prejudiced comments that may kill you someday Tripper. What you said can be compared to holding a sign saying I Hate Niggers in the middle of South Africa.

Just so you know, being aethiest is nothing special, don't get cocky over it.
Heywood Broun wrote:
Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:

Tripper, there are lots of atheists in the world. It's hardly a unique phlosophical stance. And in my experience, many can be considered some of the worst fanatics out there. Drop in on a few religion and spirituality forums; sooner or later, up will pop an atheist, making the following accusations:

1. You're all sheep.
2. You all force your beliefs down everyone's throats.
3. You're all incapable of looking at anything intellectually.
4. You're everything that's wrong with the world.

The thing that escapes most of these fanatics is that by repeatedly stereotyping in these same ways, they are guilty of the same kind of brainwashed sheep-think they accuse theists of. And in the end, it doesn't benefit either side of the debate one iota to treat the opposing side that way; name-calling never does.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm christian. I go to church weekly. I do grace before dinner. The aethiests still can't touch me. Here goes:

1. Sheep? Although I share in the chruches fundamental beliefs, I have my own points of view on many of the churches issues. People can be gay, i hold n ogrudges, jsut as long as they don't touch me inapropriatley.

2. I try to force my beliefs down peoples throats? Ironic for the aethiests preaching this...

3. I don't live intellectually? I accept evolution, atomic theory, reletivity, blah blah blah. I don't pray to god to make my computer work again, I fix the damn thing.

4. Is religion that bad? Well, europe would still be some backwater continent with little identity if it weren't for the crucades..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* My goal wasn't to make this worse, or to be used as anyone's freaking ammunition source. I suppose I should know better than to even try - I just hate to see yet another forum fouled with this "You suck! No, YOU suck!" crap when it accomplishes nothing.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seriously need to mellow out. I just wanted to show something that amused me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: