Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
We have a date
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Prepares the champagne for the big day.*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major congrats to you and your wife on the upcoming arrival of your little angels.

I look forward to hearing all about your Adventures in Parenting, and seeing lotsa pictures of the sproglings! Very Happy
Kakwik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up just so I could offer my CONGRATS to you two. Don't forget to spoil New Mom rotten for the next little while. Smile
capnez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best to you and especially to your wife! I bet she's the greatest wife of all time, at least according to your descriptions! I wish you both (actually, all four of you) good luck! I love alp, but I fully understand your move. Thank you for promising that you won't be gone forever. It will be a hard time for me without alp, but I am afraid your time with the twins will be harder! Wink
Live long and prosper, you, your wife and your children!
moojie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool about the twins, its also my girlfriend's birthday so wooo. Lol. No point to that but still.
Corinna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Yahoo!!! Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations Bernie!

You just don't know how much I admire you two. It's really really hard to find a couple on this planet that seems to be so in to one another. May love and patience be with you all, for the rest of your lives.

Best wishes! Very Happy

By the way, have you talked already about the names of your babies? Please let us know about them!
Lyingbastard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Bernie & Ms. Bernie.

Witnessing your own birth is, I'd imagine, disgusting and a bit cathartic. If you want disturbing, try finding the tape of your own CONCEPTION.
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, B!
I wish everyone the best. Don't worry so much; you'll figure it all out. Less competent people than you have raised kids. Wink
Keep us posted, when possible.

Blaster out.
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, being a parent is both the most frustrating and rewarding thing in the world. Oh, and a bit of advice on twins, especially identical twins identification is important. Paint the tonails of one of them so you know which is which. Trust me on this one. My grandma had to do it to my dad and uncle. It helps big time.
Gabby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: A different outlook Reply with quote

People probably tell you what a good father you're going to be because you have a good sense of humor, and are apparently easygoing.
George

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Bernie, you're gonna need it. Wink
devil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big congrats Bernie
Hydrargentium

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, have you talked already about the names of your babies? Please let us know about them!

I'm tellin' you, it's gotta be Preston and Abe!

Hg
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naming his children Preston and Abe could lead to bad things. i.e.

*Bernieh: Hi honey, Preston got laid by Corrina today.

*Wife: WHHHAAATT!!!! *Slaps Bernieh* I'm filing for divorce. THe kids are only a few weeks old and you're already teaching them about sex! Shame on you.

*At this point Bernieh, shaken from the slap with the might of a thousand Xenos, confusedly walks over to the sofa to reflect on what the hell just happened.*

Berney, stay away from those names. They will bring only pain to your household. Pick something nice like Zeev, or Boris.

to be continued by the next person to post on this topic.....
Anti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, most excellent Bernie, much love, luck and joy to you and your burgeoning family unit.
Secondly, do you realise you've got a load of internet/sci-fi nerds to care about something other than the inconsistencies of an episode of Deep Space Nine? As a result, we're sending you to Israel to sort that mess out. I believe you know Sharon... Laughing
Thirdly, all this talk of Abe and Preston as the names for your children is madness. Boris and Zeev, on the other hand, is genius.
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: We have a date Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:
We have a date! Next Thursday, July 7, we're going to have a C-section to deliver our twins. THAT. IS. REALLY. SOON. I've put up a handy progress meter to illustrate where we're at right now in the timeline of our amazing journey, and I have to say, it's a pretty accurate chronology of events. Right down to the panic attacks. Everyone tells me I'm gonna be a great father, but I have no idea why. If parenting were somehow correlated with playing video games then yes, yes, I would be good at it. But otherwise, I don't know how you could know.

So the other side of all this, though - and you should've seen this coming - is that I'm gonna need to slow way down on making comics while I figure out everything that needs to be done before the Big Day. Right now the plan's this: no new comic today, and I'll probably do only one more before next Thursday. Starting Monday, July 11, I've got a bunch of 3x/week guest strips for ya by some of my good buddies - some top names in the webcomic biz - while my wife and I try to stay above water during those crazy first 2 weeks. Then after that, we'll see what I can pull off.

The important thing is aLp is not going away. No way, Sanjay. I ain't even close to being done, especially cuz you guys are the greatest fans around. You just gotta bear with me for a little bit while I'm raising my own real-life comedy duo. I'll be hangin' out more on the forums, and running the next contest soon. Sign up for the mailing list so you can keep up to date with what's goin on. Keep tellin' everyone you know about aLp, cuz there's plenty more to come.

Thanks, my wife and I love you all, my kids also just said I love you, by giving an extra big kick, and my wife just cursed again, real loud.

B
Do you spend time with our family?good.
Because a man that doesnt spend time with his family
can never be a real man.
hobo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! congatulations man! ur gunna have kids! (well actually ur wife is) and u both are going to love them, cherish them, adore them, buy those baby bouncer things so they can bounce, teach them to read, not to swear, cuddle them at night, and watch them grow up. they will be the best thing that will ever happen to u guys, and in doing so will make ur life hell, but dont worry, its all good.

btw bernie, do u have a job? because u shouldn't spend too much time on ur job, no matter how much money it brings. its always true that the family prefers their quality time with you MUCH MORE than any amount of moolah you rake in. so balance the two.

Anyway, good luck to you guys, im sure both of u will make good parents. have lots of fun and ALWAYS MAKE A PHOTO ALBUM. seeing myself as a little bubbi always calms me down when im mad. so make a photo album and then ur saved when ur kids are, say, 12ish

Good luck man
________
Dn-01

Last edited by hobo on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
slippy666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome .... congrats
also that's my birthday ... except i'll be 23 lol ... they be very creative children just to let you know bernie ... take care
NotDeadYet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Bernie and Mrs. Bernie!!!
As an Aunt of twin boys (18 months old) I can say they seem to be a lot of work, but also a great deal of joy.
My nephews have completely different personalities and it's amazing to watch them. They also hold hands when they are in the stroller. It's too cute. And a shout out to Mrs. Bernie for being able to carry so long. Your little guys are going to be super healthy and super strong.

BaconNeggs - I love your picture. Killer Bunny Rocks!!!! I have one too. We could start a gang.
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so exciting! Have fun with your new babies and I hope your wife has an easy time of it.

Lynn
Sharwnthla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

It seems to be the season for babies. My bother and his lovely Lady are due the 12th of this month, although she could pop any moment now ::peeks at the phone:: Keep a good sense of humor and you guys will be ok. I wish you and your lady all the happiness (and lots of sleep) in the world. Very Happy
Maildetorres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people think you're gonna be a good father, because they think you already have toys for your babies...
Bad thing those toys are our favorite webcomic characters.
Congratulations!!!!
Jackson Marten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: What?! Reply with quote

Surely, you won't let a couple of paltry rugrats worry you so much! I mean, come on! Mom used the TV as a babysitter for ME, and quite effectively so! I turned out to be completely normal!

But seriously. Thanks for a great comic, and good luck! The kids are quite fortunate to have such a sense of humor directly involved in their life!
Cool
Acidic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congrats man.Love your comics and hope everything goes good with the twins.
seserakh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SNAP THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY.

Your kids will be exactly 21 years younger than I am. Try for 4:53 AM to make it exact! 5:53 AM Eastern time!!

-Cherie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: