Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
predators having a conscience?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Does anybody know if this has any validity to it? It's labelled the "Unofficial" story, but does that mean it's just something somebody wrote, or something that got leaked by the creators? It looks interesting, though.

Truly, I would love to know, but hey, we can wait, I waited patiently for AVP by going on the official site everyday and saw the movie the first day, will do the same thing this time.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Holly wrote:
Does anybody know if this has any validity to it? It's labelled the "Unofficial" story, but does that mean it's just something somebody wrote, or something that got leaked by the creators? It looks interesting, though.

Truly, I would love to know, but hey, we can wait, I waited patiently for AVP by going on the official site everyday and saw the movie the first day, will do the same thing this time.

Heh, I saw it the first day too. Luckily it was showing at the theater I worked at and I got to see the very first showing for free Very Happy I don't know about you, but free movies are always better than expensive ones.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:
Holly wrote:

Heh, I saw it the first day too. Luckily it was showing at the theater I worked at and I got to see the very first showing for free Very Happy I don't know about you, but free movies are always better than expensive ones.

True, but 7$ is worth going to see it.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I would definitely have paid for it, but I just love free movies. Yay, freeness!

Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the CIA is gonna get u and put a big black dot on your record
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: predators having a conscience? Reply with quote

Wrist-bladesRus wrote:
I was just wondering whether predators had a conscience, and sooner or later "get haunted" by their kills, like some hunters get haunted by a badger taht they killed, or whether they would drop out of the game for moral issues like some hunters do
I always thought they treated us like animals, the way we would treat a deer. So since most human hunters don't have any moral issues with killing a deer, then I would assume that the predators don't have any moral issues about killing us

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: predators having a conscience? Reply with quote

ash_wednesday wrote:
Wrist-bladesRus wrote:
I was just wondering whether predators had a conscience, and sooner or later "get haunted" by their kills, like some hunters get haunted by a badger taht they killed, or whether they would drop out of the game for moral issues like some hunters do
I always thought they treated us like animals, the way we would treat a deer. So since most human hunters don't have any moral issues with killing a deer, then I would assume that the predators don't have any moral issues about killing us

Yarrr you got the good answer mate, now let us go pillage villages!
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: predators having a conscience? Reply with quote

ash_wednesday wrote:
Wrist-bladesRus wrote:

Yea but some hunters after hunting many animals may still get flashbacks or get haunted by the animals they kill, which is like concience just screaming in the guys brain that what he did was wrong, so possibly the same way if a pred hunts animals (us) then after many hunts he may get the same condition.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the Preds grow up, being taught to kill. We are (well, most of us are... if not, your parents should get their heads examined... or chopped of) taught to cherise live... I mean, it's not like your parents educate you in "How to kill the neighbours annoying cat by using kitchen appliances."

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but, some old societies also raised their childern, "with the hunt" so to speak, but sometimes they still had flashbacks and their concience just driving them crazy, and also in modern times the Nazi come somewhat close to the preds in the context that they raized their childern hating/loving a specific thing (hunting, jews etc.) but then some of the Nazi officers adn gestappo and soldiers that assisted in the slaghter started to have flash back and as i said above their conscience just shreding up their brains
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And pred's don't think on the same level as us. So that could make a difference with the concience thing...

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrist-bladesRus wrote:
Yea but, some old societies also raised their childern, "with the hunt" so to speak, but sometimes they still had flashbacks and their concience just driving them crazy,

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, could you provide some examples?

Quote:
and also in modern times the Nazi come somewhat close to the preds in the context that they raized their childern hating/loving a specific thing (hunting, jews etc.) but then some of the Nazi officers adn gestappo and soldiers that assisted in the slaghter started to have flash back and as i said above their conscience just shreding up their brains

Again, you're comparing two different things. First of all, the Hitler Youth spent some time in a situation which embraced Jew-hatred, but that was comparatively a very short time, by no means a long-term cultural thing like Hunting is with the yautja. Many people came out of the war haunted by what they had done, but that's because the world WE live in values lives and condemns slaughtering innocents. When somebody is taken in by a cult of hatred, they may come out of it feeling a lot of guilt, because they've returned to their old way of thinking. A yautja is born ready to hunt, and most likely will die that way too.

Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
A yautja is born ready to hunt, and most likely will die that way too.

Well, I don't really consider the Pred at the end of Predator still ready to hunt... Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Holly wrote:
A yautja is born ready to hunt, and most likely will die that way too.

Well, I don't really consider the Pred at the end of Predator still ready to hunt... Wink

Well, I meant mentally, if not physically. I mean, he died hunting, which is what he wanted, most likely. There was some quote from some book, can't remember, where it mentioned that an Elder could tell he was slowing down and wasn't in his prime anymore, so he resolved to go out hunting the Hard Meat rather than let some young rival hunter take him out. Pretty interesting mindset.

Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Wrist-bladesRus wrote:
Yea but, some old societies also raised their childern, "with the hunt" so to speak, but sometimes they still had flashbacks and their concience just driving them crazy,

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, could you provide some examples?

By that i mean that some societies raized their children enbracing the hunt, b/c most likely that was their only source of nourishment, but then theer still would be ppl ho would get haunted
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still don't know what you mean. I understand that comitting crimes against your fellow man might haunt you, but I don't see how a society that hunts for survival would feel guilt from it. I have an uncle who is into hunting, and has all these stuffed birds and animals in his study and a bear rug on his floor (I used to be scared of it when I was little), and he feels no guilt whatsoever. I realise he's just one guy, but a lot of guys who hunt are like that. They look at hunting in the same way animals look at hunting- you hunt to eat and to survive, and that's how the world works.

With the Yautja, it's different. Hunting has a spiritual value, and a personal value, and a practical value. It permeates all parts of their lives. It's about honor and prestige and the thrill of the hunt. They don't look back in regret, they don't feel sorry for their prey, they just do what they've always done.

Of course it's possible for a hunter to change his mind. Dachande realised that humans were capable of courage and honor after he fought along side Machiko, and Scar acknowledged Lex in the same way. They probably felt differently about humans in general after that. But I dont' think they felt guilty. They take each individual as they come. Those who are strong and brave deserve to live, and those who die deserve it because they aren't strong enough, even though they may put up a good fight. And those that die honorably are honored as trophies. Remember when Dachande stomped on the head of one of his pupils, so that his skull could never be taken as a trophy? Being taken as a trophy is a badge of honor. It means you're dangerous enough to be worth hunting.

The yautja have a relationship with their prey that goes beyond "animal" or "food". I don't know what it is, exactly, but I think I may have overthought this enough already, so I'm going to stop now. And have a drink.

Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the exact one that the native americans had with their prey, well somewhat. I mean if u look at both cultures, hunting is like a ritual process, and there is even some tropy collection similarities in both cultures, so y did the Native Americans do it? Well 1 possibilty ,might be that they felt guilty about the prey/flock or herd. The second possibilty might be the sameas the preds, social advancement, or it could have been #1 and then it could have turned in #2, so possily it could have been the same case for the preds, at first they haunted animalls of their planet, but then felt guilty about it, and like started worshiping them, like the N.A, and then when they acheved star travel, things changed for a more social advancement orianted aspect
NightBlood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats all nice-i really like the drawings-but i dont think Scar LIKED Alexa in that sense.......................And preds do have have a consious-however you spell it- they think oh-i dont want to disgrace myself by killing weak prey unless they attack me.................now that dude with snippers will make a nice adition to my trophy rack, and nobody probly even cares about him.............and it'll make me look cool for the girls back home!Cool
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightBlood wrote:
Thats all nice-i really like the drawings-but i dont think Scar LIKED Alexa in that sense.......................And preds do have have a consious-however you spell it- they think oh-i dont want to disgrace myself by killing weak prey unless they attack me.................now that dude with snippers will make a nice adition to my trophy rack, and nobody probly even cares about him.............and it'll make me look cool for the girls back home!Cool
isn't it passed your bed time?

--Order of the Stick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: