Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
What is going on?!?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire?
Dire?
Wire?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Anti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:

(Yeah, I loved that game. Smile )

Me too... it was just that little bit different... we usually played pseudo-medieval hack'n'slash, so old habits died hard when we felt The Call...

The scene is set, my good friends had sought out and defeated all manner of cultists, and finally happened upon hidden caverns beneath a mausoleum...

Sean (P.I.): Ok, ok... I guess I'm lighting a torch...
Marcky-J (Science-geek) Ummm I'm sniffing for stuff like methane before the P.I. blows us up.
Me (G.M.) No methane, but you can smell something... something you think smells like fish...
Sean: Fish? I'm getting my gun out.
Me: Noted (snicker)
Marcky-J: Tactical retreat... going to find an army, or some explosives, or something.
Rest of the party en masse, follow the science guy.
Sean: ok, torch lit, gun out... I'm gonna go and
Me: You're faced with a pair of eyes in the gloom, hovering around fifty feet above the ground, you feel faint wind from wing-beats, and you think you can make out a mass of writhing tentacles in the near-black of the carvern.
Sean: Ok, I'm gonna shoot it.
Me: I'm sorry?
Sean: Ya... gonna fire the pistol, at the big thing.
Me: Ok, you can't, you're terrified... this creature of pure nightmare has fully filled your tiny mind, and you can't shoot your gun.
Sean: ok, can I shoot it, you know, like in a random terrified manner?
Me: No, in fact, you dropped it, because of the scaredness. You also pissed yourself.
Sean: That doesn't sound like me... ok, I'm gonna punch it.
Me: A what now? You're terrified. No.
Sean: Ok, I'm gonna punch it, terrified-ly
Me: No, and in fact, you've just gone insane, you know, from the big scary evil horror.
Sean: Alright! Crazy-apeshit-BONKERS. I'm gonna punch it! Insane-ly
Me: No! You can't, you're catatonic.
Sean: How nice of you to say so. I'm gonna punch it, cata... ummm... cataclysmic-ly?
Me: I think you just might be grasping it, at last. Ok... the big smelly fishy thing kills you, cos you pissed me off.
Everyone: booh, hiss.
Me: Ok, despite being catatonic, and insane, you are dimly aware of the wind from the wing-beats becoming stronger, and the eyes growing impossibly large. The stygian nightmare reveals itself in the waning glow of your guttering, discarded torch. Your mind snaps finally, ultimately, and you don't even feel the tentacles as they enter and burst your eyes before pulling your entrails out through your ocular ... ummm... holes.
Sean: Cool. How long?
Me: How long what?
Sean: look, I know the rules, you get killed by the big monster, and then you turn into a zombie, or a mini-one (he meant minion). How long before I come back as a zombie?
Me: Ugh?
Sean: Cos then I want to punch it, zombie-style!

He was also like this in real life. Weekends out were a treat. Very Happy
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played Call Of Cthulhu. I just like reading Lovecraft.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Anti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
I never played Call Of Cthulhu. I just like reading Lovecraft.

Probably safest. Well, as safe as reading H.P. Lovecraft can be.

oh, look, your text went really big in the quote <tee hee>
Munan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Hire?
Dire?
Wire?

Right.... Now let me see...

't was on a night like this when a certain Crotchfire
Got hold of my nightmares, so I went out to hire
A crotchfire-remover I found with Google and with a dire
Scream he left my dreams, now he can only be contacted by wire

He look, the dragon scheme is working:

Quote:
Dragon Figures
Item found - Dragon figures.
Shop for home furnishings-décor.

Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, why the hell would I be in your dreams? I'm seriously gonna have to get a restraining order. Rolling Eyes
Munan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not. It's poetic licence.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antidistinctlyminty wrote:

Me too... it was just that little bit different... we usually played pseudo-medieval hack'n'slash, so old habits died hard when we felt The Call...

Marcky-J's character had the true spirit of the game, I see: "Oh fuck. Run."

I usually ran the games as well. I was the only one in the group who had read any Lovecraft (and by that point, I'd read all of him I could put hands on) and was willing to do the ass-load of preparation running a campaign can take. I think CoC was the most labor-intensive game I ever ran, but I loved every minute of it. I was crazy enough to run "Masks of Nyarlathotep," that should tell you something right there *laugh*

I also ran another favorite that had absolutely nothing supernatural happening in it...although it certainly appeared to. They were going nuts wondering what was happening in a crazy woman's mansion - and it turned out that nothing at all was going on.

That game taught me that one thing remains universal in just about any game: No one ever spends points on Climb - in spite of the fact that sooner or later, they'll pay for not doing it. Smile To the famous 50 Things Adventurers Should Never Do, they added #51: "Don't climb the fucking rock."
Anti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:

I also ran another favorite that had absolutely nothing supernatural happening in it...although it certainly appeared to.

That's just plain mean! Laughing
My group were always looking for the unnatural in the mundane... every npc HAD to be a cultist... woman in a shop, random library assistants, missing person's frantic mother... cultists all.

We also used to play the Cthulhu By Gaslight campaigns (Victorian London, Sherlock Holmes-style, cup o' tea, rural England). Very interesting, but it allowed for Mary Poppins-esque dialogue. This lead to everyone saying things like "blimey" "Gawd save the Queen", and on at least one occasion, "Stone the crows, it's only a bleedin ghoul, an' in me mam's parlour! What's the world comin' to?".
Still, that was my fault for putting a ghoul in her mothers parlour!

I know what you mean about the climb skill... there's always something more glamourous! I had a player who insisted on picking the pocket of everyone and everything... badly.
Our addition to the 50 Things would probably have read:
#52 The GM will incarcerate inept pickpockets, and said pickpocket will be hung publicly, and his ex-player will have to spend ages creating a new character with low stats, and will undoubtedly be eaten by something immense. Twisted Evil
bewtifulfreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munan wrote:
He look, the dragon scheme is working:

Quote:
Dragon Figures
Item found - Dragon figures.
Shop for home furnishings-décor.

Yep, I got that on page 2, and on page 3 I got:

Quote:
Dragon Models & Figures
Full Line of Dragon Products. CanDo, Die-Cast, Models, 12 inch.

So well done there! Wink
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just plain mean! Laughing
My group were always looking for the unnatural in the mundane... every npc HAD to be a cultist... woman in a shop, random library assistants, missing person's frantic mother... cultists all.

Yes, it was mean, but they wound up enjoying it a lot, because it did take some of the edge off of that "every NPC is EEEEEEEVIL" mentality. I turned that new sense of comfort against them in the future as well Wink

We also used to play the Cthulhu By Gaslight campaigns

I tried a couple of those, but the group just couldn't make the leap to that time period. D&D fantasy medieval, yes; real-world Victoriana, no. They had enough trouble with the 20s, especially with the wonderful laundry list of things that didn't exist yet:

"The wind keeps blowing out your matches."
"I pull out my disposable lighter."
"It's going to take you about 10 years to get that out of your pocket."

But the insanity rules...aaaaah. Best insane moments:

The party is trapped in a very small cave by several Byakhee. The poor asshole closest to the entryway keeps getting a good look at them as they swoop down trying to grab wayward limbs; inevitably, he goes gibbering nutso. He rolls a phobia, so I decide the most appropriate one is claustrophobia. He begins running out of the cave in horror at the confined space, only to run back in in even *more* horror at what's outside. Repeat a dozen times or so, until someone figures out the best thing to do is bean him in the head with a shotgun butt and drag his limp carcass back inside.

Another character is driven quite mad by the sight of his first vampire. He gets an insane insight out of the deal, but also insists that I roll on a chart for his phobia, because he thinks I'm too cruel. So I roll, and he gets vestiophobia (fear of clothing). So in the woods in the middle of the night, he simultaneously strips down to nothing and realizes that vampires only come out at night, so maybe light hurts them. He proceeds to grab a lantern, and butt-naked, run through the woods shreiking "DAYLIGHT! DAYLIGHT!" Because the rest of the party is still dressed, he's terrified of them, and they spend about 4 hours chasing him around until someone gets the bright idea of getting naked *with* him. That guy gets close enough to knock him out so they can drag his bare ass home.
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you guys stop talking about those cool games. Ever since I've been following Commissioned and Order of the Stick, I wanna play those games...

Can't we play them via the internet? Can I be an Orc? Orc's are cool. They have metal on their face and they are ugly and smelly... and they stink... and have bad breath... and smell disgusting... and they obey the Dark Forces...did I already say they have a bad body odor... odour? Whatever...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Will you guys stop talking about those cool games. Ever since I've been following Commissioned and Order of the Stick, I wanna play those games....

OotS fan! Man, I love that pup. Linkage!
Anti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:
[ until someone figures out the best thing to do is bean him in the head with a shotgun butt and drag his limp carcass back inside.

I'm taken aback by the compassion shown by your group!
Mine probably would have tried to shoot to wound (with a shotgun, of course), and pick the bits up when - if - they passed that way again!

Aaahh... the good old days <gets all misty eyed>

Aramor wrote:
can I be an Orc?

Course you can, fella... just hold still, Uncle D'Menthe's got a little surprise for you... <hefts warhammer and utters a dedication to _______ (insert god of battle for your chosen system here)> Twisted Evil
desert_drum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taken aback by the compassion shown by your group!
Mine probably would have tried to shoot to wound (with a shotgun, of course), and pick the bits up when - if - they passed that way again!

And waste ammo with a flock of Byakhee out there? Nah. Besides, he was a dilettante (read: the rich guy in the party, and the only one).
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
can I be an Orc?

Course you can, fella... just hold still, Uncle D'Menthe's got a little surprise for you... <hefts warhammer and utters a dedication to _______ (insert god of battle for your chosen system here)> Twisted Evil

I don't really have a God. I mean, there's this Sauron dude. But all he ever does is sit in his Dark Tower and send us to our deaths by ways of The Elven Arrow... I mean, us Ungol Rats have to take care of ourselves. And then there are those 9 dude's to the west, but they don't really care about us... so uhm, yeah well... you could try to utter a dedication to Morgoth...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PredatorDe leukste en coolste games voor op je mobiel vind je hier!

Now this is interesting. Why would there be dutch advertisements on this site?
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get them too. But I think it's caus we live in Holland. Also some sites have some add saying: "Find a partner near Enschede" and then there are these pics of some chicks who apparently live near Enschede... ad's suck. They should be illegal...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Yeah, I get them too. But I think it's caus we live in Holland. Also some sites have some add saying: "Find a partner near Enschede" and then there are these pics of some chicks who apparently live near Enschede... ad's suck. They should be illegal...

Enschede?!?
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I live in Enschede... otherwise known as Pluskut... is there something wrong with that? Does my possible agricultural background offend you? Or is there the danger of me being infected with Germanisms caus I live close to the border? Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, nothing wrong with Enschede (actually, a lot of things wrong with that city, but I sense you're a bit touchy on this subject)...

My brother lived in Hengelo for many years, and those cities are practically one, aren't they *runs away, hides behind a tree*
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Enschede isn't the greatest place. But hey, I live in the harbour, and things are quite cool out here (except the temperature... I think my pants are beginning to smelt...). And there's Atak. Enschede would suck without Atak... (it's where I go when I go out. (Yes, I go out... with friends... even with girls... and they don't even use mace against me... Razz))

Well, one city... they're not that alike... they were planning to make one big city, and they were gonna call it Twentestad... how dumb is that?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to get back to this topic, because I thought it was so funny that Google caught up with Bernie's domestic going ons being discussed here:

Quote:

BabyOrNot - Get pregnant
Ovulation tests - Quality Brands 5
Ovulation tests from £3.00 only!

Pregnancy Tests for $0.65
99.9% accurate, FDA approved tests.
Free same-day shipping available.

AAATripper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats so special about Call of Cthulu?
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
Whats so special about Call of Cthulu?
It's a cool RPG

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: