Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Post your favorite aLp strips
    page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Post your favorite aLp strips Reply with quote

Yo out there...

How about lettin me know which strips in the archive are your favorite... the only consistent thing I've learned from emails and comments is there ain't no consistent favorites. You say you love the baseball ones, you say you don't love 'em... you say it's too NYC, you (even out-of-towners) say you want more NYC... if you post your faves maybe I can give ya more of what ya want.

Thanks!
-B
mav1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from the bronx my favorites are the new york ones. And not like I can really know, but these things can happen any city anyway. My advice is don't give in! A lot of comics get by in a very small niche, I think that's why their fans are so devoted. You know, like gamers and trekkies and stuff. My favorites: #2, #7, #8, #11, #22.

mav1
Chef of the Future

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Favorite strips Reply with quote

Too lazy to look up the numbers, but on the topic of NYC and baseball, I love NYC and range from bored to liking baseball threads (love the Posada one). Won't be happy until I see Kevin Bacon's penis.
zeenni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahaha very good comic you have going on here!
i enjoyed the latest one actually, number 25! although i didnt read
all of them i admit!

note: if you want more people to post in the forums,
remove the "register" feature for a while until you
fill the forums with many guest posts, then when it has
a good number of comments, put back up the register
feature and people will WANT to register.

When i clicked post, it was like "register first assmunch" so i was
like shit! and then i was like "ok" and then like.... u get it

ok just my opinion

p.s. do you have a links page? i dont see one! would have loved
to exchange links with ya!

Peace!!! Cool
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, thanks! I took off the registration requirement.
Jerry Seinfeld

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Keep it citywise! Reply with quote

Stick with New York humor, but play the field for topics. Both the dating series and the apartment hunting were vey funny.

Your Market Share is still pretty good if you think about it. Your direct audience is the 20 million current city residents and a few hundred million past residents, plus the people from New Jersey that get the olfactory jokes, and the people from Wisconsin that watched my show so much that they 'think" they get it. If the typical 2% buy your book when the hardcover comes out at $19.95 that's $132M! Mom wouldn't have to send money any more!

Best of luck either way, and most importantly... stick with it... it rocks!

Jer
zeenni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ see bernieh? guest posts! lol Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Sfunny, I don't like baseball that much, but like that Al and Pred both like baseball!
Dave H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Number 6 made me laugh out loud Reply with quote

Quote:
"OH MY GOD, PEDRO MARTINEZ DRILLS JESUS RIGHT IN THE HEAD!"

"Bobby, that's either the most balls-y or the stupidest thing anyone's ever done."

Loved it. #8 was funny too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 was awesome. Keep 'em coming
Stu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the baseball strips.

Also liked #16, because I have been in too many of those awkward silence situations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#22 please swipe again was classic. Can't tell you how many times that has happened to me -- sans being informed that my mother likes it hard from the turnstile. Shocked
BIO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the first one

you should make fun of this hell hole island i live on more often Wink
Fairlane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Keep it citywise! Reply with quote

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Both the dating series and the apartment hunting were vey funny.

I probably preferred these also as the situations are less localised, however the others are still good. (Especially Jesus getting drilled in the head)

and in a moment of inspired capatalism also wrote:
...If the typical 2% buy your book when the hardcover comes out at $19.95 that's $132M!

I thought the publishers get all the money Wink

Fairlane
Rahan Akero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Staten Island. >> Reply with quote

... We love being made fun of. We really do. We know we suck ass, we're the home of the Staten Island Wank--..er... Yankees... and we're connected to Brooklyn and Manhattan. And yet we don't get appreciated for anything but being the biggest dump in the world... oh, wait.

...so yeah, we're a walking joke. How about A & P get stranded in the wilds of... fuck, I don't know. Port Richmond? >>
Jerry Seinfeld

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Keep it citywise! Reply with quote

and in a moment of inspired capatalism also wrote:
...If the typical 2% buy your book when the hardcover comes out at $19.95 that's $132M!

I thought the publishers get all the money Wink

Fairlane[/quote]

Alas, Fairlane is on to my ruse. After rights fees, publishing costs, marketing expenses and editors royalties our dear Bernie is left with $16.25. But hey, that's enough for a pretzel!

Jer
BI0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Staten Island. >> Reply with quote

Rahan Akero wrote:
... We love being made fun of. We really do. We know we suck ass, we're the home of the Staten Island Wank--..er... Yankees... and we're connected to Brooklyn and Manhattan. And yet we don't get appreciated for anything but being the biggest dump in the world... oh, wait.

...so yeah, we're a walking joke. How about A & P get stranded in the wilds of... fuck, I don't know. Port Richmond? >>

lmao
i love how the wu tang clan sez they grew up in the slums of staten island...what fukkin slums
staten island is the richest borough
theres like jersey street... i guess they could of been brought up there
i met old dirty bastards mom lol
momma odb
shes pretty freekin rich so i dont think they grew up in any slums
M-san

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: OOooh! I adore all strips Reply with quote

Hi Berns,

Keep up your humor...I adore all "alienlovespredator" strips. Hehehe how about some strippers on the strips hehehe....
Fairlane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Keep it citywise! Reply with quote

Jer (who obviously gets backhanders from his publishers) cynically wrote:
...After rights fees, publishing costs, marketing expenses and editors royalties our dear Bernie is left with $16.25. But hey, that's enough for a pretzel!

What about a coffee as well...he'll need something to wash that preztel down with won't he...?

Fairlane
ThatGuyDann

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are pretty amusing, but I'd say my favorite is number three, simply because it's nice to know that it's quite possible I'm not the only person to have had to have that conversation similar to that. Admittedly during a Royals game (Yeah, they're still a team... even a major league team at that... and not merely a farm club for every decent baseball team.)

Either that or anything dealing with the alien trying to get a date.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Staten Island? Now they're just making up places." "So you tell me how you want to go to Times Square then." "I don't think I have a spleen." And by far #1, "Your mom likes it rough - from this turnstile."
hankyspanky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've helped me understand the love of baseball...just a little. I like chinese food & speed dating. Although I've never tried the second...ya know married with kids 'n all.
Ouber Gieck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends and I discovered this strip this weekend from an entry on memepool... i hope your bandwidth cap has room to spare...

I love the strip! it's easily the first webcomic to make me laugh out loud *every* strip!

The best so far was the rental series, and pedro nailing JC...

although my friends and I have now changed the fortune cookie game - instead of taking "in bed" onto the end of your fortune, you tack on "from this turnstile"...
Starsoft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your favorite aLp strips Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:
Yo out there...

How about lettin me know which strips in the archive are your favorite... the only consistent thing I've learned from emails and comments is there ain't no consistent favorites. You say you love the baseball ones, you say you don't love 'em... you say it's too NYC, you (even out-of-towners) say you want more NYC... if you post your faves maybe I can give ya more of what ya want.

Thanks!
-B

Well, let's see what would happen if you incorporated all aspects that people love most into the comic.

Ex.
Scene 1
Abe and Pres are in baseball uniforms walking through the bronx bitching and complaining about nothing.
Scene 2
Interesting monologue about baseball
Scene 3
Funny comments then a bronx fight

Please after my post remind me what I was talking about, I seem to have forgotten what it was....
xath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my favourites would be the New York City ones, I'd like to see more of that (Especially Manhattan), since to be this comic is not only funny but also a tribute to New York. It's interesting seeing them try to fit in. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of their attempts to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: