Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smiley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Disney Buys Lucasfilm Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

Disney announced they'll be releasing an Episode VII in 2015, with VIII and IX to be released every other year after that.

I'm not thrilled with that decision, but the movies will be targeted toward the 8-13 year old kids in 2015.

I do think that Disney, as evil and greedy as they are, are an appropriate home for Star Wars properties. Star Wars is family entertainment at its core, and Disney are the kings of family entertainment.

Maybe Pixar can do some awesome shit or something with the properties...

That's no mouse. It's a space station!

Glurrk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least it was Disney and not some other mega-corporation. I can only imagine the product placement...

Bloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really don't mind this as much as I thought I would, and I'm willing to bet neither do all the other raging fanboys. For one, Disney's also had Pixar for a while, and another thing they churned out recently was The Avengers.

I'm not saying we're set for the Oscars, I'm just saying maybe the only reason "fans" keep complaining about this bullshit is because we're not getting another Empire Strikes Back. ...And even when we will, fans are still complaining.
Smiley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some time to let the dust settle and I think I'm cool with it. Whatever happens, Lucas won't be running the show on future projects. That, to me, is a cue to unclench.
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Disney knows everyone expects them to fuck up and make another CG Clone Wars movie - I'm personally excited to see what exactly they'll be doing.

Part of me wants them to keep it a giant secret till premiere day, the same way no one knew what an Arbiter was before Halo 2 was released. (Which must have been an incredibly hard thing to keep a secret, considering he was the other main character of the whole goddamn game.)
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could handle a genuinely good Star Wars movie anymore.
Smiley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ Abrams is going to be directing Episode VII, and the script was written by Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: