Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Star Wars tweaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Star Wars tweaks Reply with quote

Read this article about the release on Blu-ray:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-gets-tweaks-blu-ray-release-232658967.html

What do people think about the constant tweaking? Personally, I'm against it. Like they said in Fanboys, you take the movie -- flaws and all.
Sal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if Star Wars was a human being George Lucas would have by now earned a restraining order from the court and had his parental rights terminated.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'll get shit on by saying this, but honestly I don't see all the fuss.

I mean, go into this like you've never seen a film in your life - would you really care? I could understand with the Yoda thing, but not seeing a puppeteer's arm when you should have just because it was there the first time around? I'm guessing it wouldn't be too ridiculous to think these same people die at the thought of a remastered album or an update for a video game (not a remake - an update).

Actually, I could understand the fuss. But I just can't see people rioting over it, like has probably happened.

Maybe it's because I'm not as big a fan as some of you, or because I haven't been around long enough to actually notice these things (or be bothered to notice in general). Maybe it's wrong of me to side with any opposition because I don't know of every single thing that has been changed; I'm not strict on my opinion, maybe one of you could turn me. ...But then maybe that's how people have been so anal about it for so long in the first place.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I posted above, there is a line in the Fanboys movie where one of the guys says (I'm paraphrasing) that you have to accept the movies -- flaws and all. I remember seeing Star Wars in the late 1970s and all the sequels when they came out.

Unfortunately, now I can't see that original movies. I may have once owned the VHS *not sure*, but I do own the dvds which have been modified. For me, it kinda sucks in that I can see scores of other movies in either original or "extended" versions, but there is no longer a version of the theatrical release of Star Wars -- with all the flaws, etc. So, maybe what you said in the end is right. For some people who notice the changes, it devalues the movie.

I can't quite think of a similar instance of say having Greedo shoot first, but maybe someone else can.
Smiley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the original trilogy, unaltered, on DVD. They come with this set: http://amzn.to/nth2bR

I own these, although when I purchased the DVDs they were only for sale individually, and I can't tell you how happy I was when they were released. Even the "EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE" (added in 1981) is gone from the opening crawl in Star Wars. No extra footage, no CGI, no alterations of any kind. Get it while there are still copies available.

The set does come with the Special Edition, but each movie has a bonus second DVD which contains the original, unedited theatrical versions. It's a must-have for Star Wars purists. Like me.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/nooo-george-lucas-makes-more-changes-original-trilogy-191605319.html
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Simon Pegg's comment on the matter.

Simon Pegg wrote:
"I wonder if George Lucas will ever replace himself with CGI. He should do. He's a muppet."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas just doesn't know when to quit. Now Alderaan shoots first.

Ipsa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars tweaks Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
What do people think about the constant tweaking? Personally, I'm against it. Like they said in Fanboys, you take the movie -- flaws and all.

Ahem.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Frost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley wrote:
Lucas just doesn't know when to quit. Now Alderaan shoots first.

That made my day, thanks.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: