Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Forum Liberation Day
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cfos



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 2899
Location: everyday I'm hustlin'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Liberation Day Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Well as Leader of the Opposition I know I'm not part of any collective.


I've been struggling with this statement for a few days now. Can one be a "Leader" without being part of any "collective"? Sounds to me to be an independent gadfly -- which is fine -- but certainly one can not be a leader without being part of an organization... can one?
_________________
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ cfos: Well spotted. Wonder how Simon's gonna weasel his way out of this one.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
So I'd say you're pretty estranged, although you might have to ask Aramor for an official ruling.


And since when am I the judge for this sort of thing?

It's not like I have any experience with e-marrying someone on this forum right before they disappear...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Liberation Day Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
I've been struggling with this statement for a few days now. Can one be a "Leader" without being part of any "collective"? Sounds to me to be an independent gadfly -- which is fine -- but certainly one can not be a leader without being part of an organization... can one?
As Leader of the Opposition, I simply lead threads into opposition of whatever the Old Mans are saying that I choose to oppose at that time. You could also interpret it as Leader being an entity that is ahead of the curve on some issue, in this case, being opposing.

Basically, as Leader of the Opposition I lead the wave of opposing thought in this forum, not lead any sort of organization or collective known as The Opposition. If you do try to found The Opposition as an actual institute I will oppose you.

There is also the simple fact that any collective of opposing individuals would result in the individuals opposing each other and the collective being rendered undone. Ergo yeah, an Opposition cannot really be a stable collective can it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking some hardcore concept of absolute Opposition. I like that.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cfos



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 2899
Location: everyday I'm hustlin'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Liberation Day Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
cfos wrote:
I've been struggling with this statement for a few days now. Can one be a "Leader" without being part of any "collective"? Sounds to me to be an independent gadfly -- which is fine -- but certainly one can not be a leader without being part of an organization... can one?
As Leader of the Opposition, I simply lead threads into opposition of whatever the Old Mans are saying that I choose to oppose at that time. You could also interpret it as Leader being an entity that is ahead of the curve on some issue, in this case, being opposing.

Basically, as Leader of the Opposition I lead the wave of opposing thought in this forum, not lead any sort of organization or collective known as The Opposition. If you do try to found The Opposition as an actual institute I will oppose you.

There is also the simple fact that any collective of opposing individuals would result in the individuals opposing each other and the collective being rendered undone. Ergo yeah, an Opposition cannot really be a stable collective can it.


Hmm... well, based on your statement and your post count, I'd say that you would be a Leader of the Norm -- being that you oppose and have opposed -- whereas, the alp ragdoll is (?) new with a total (to date) of three posts. Or, because alp the people is opposition to the opposition of the Old Man's position... one can infer that alp the people is stuck in limbo spinning tops, hence the three posts.
_________________
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, I've gone cross-eyed...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cfos



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 2899
Location: everyday I'm hustlin'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccdu8yZIanM
_________________
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spock



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 756
Location: Western US

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derper, you say?
_________________
Aramor the Sober Whore wrote:
So I guess your e-honeymoon will be filled with e-wanking?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took our derps?
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. I come back from my five week sojourn in Istanbul to find this?

I thank my people. But now that dictators being toppled has become all fashionable, I have no wish to lead anyone.

Sal wrote:
What the hell?

George?


Was thinking exactly the same thing...
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I think Chainsaw just disappeared off to Istanbul with his other mistress.
Munan wrote:
Funny. I come back from my five week sojourn in Istanbul to find this?
I was kinda hoping someone else would have pointed this out earlier.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cfos



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 2899
Location: everyday I'm hustlin'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Simon_Says wrote:
I think Chainsaw just disappeared off to Istanbul with his other mistress.
Munan wrote:
Funny. I come back from my five week sojourn in Istanbul to find this?
I was kinda hoping someone else would have pointed this out earlier.


I saw it, but thought I would defer to you as you had nicely set it up. Laughing
_________________
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aLp, the people




Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum members, during these very difficult circumstances the aLp forum is going through, Munan' the Greatest Member in the History of the aLp Forums has decided to step down from the office of Greatest Member in the History of the aLp Forums and has charged the aLp, the people to administer the affairs of the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aLp, the people wrote:
Forum members, during these very difficult circumstances the aLp forum is going through, Munan' the Greatest Member in the History of the aLp Forums has decided to step down from the office of Greatest Member in the History of the aLp Forums and has charged the aLp, the people to administer the affairs of the forum.
I veto this action in the interests of Opposition. Aurelyn told me I could do it. Like, for real.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I veto this action in the interests of Opposition. Aurelyn told me I could do it. Like, for real.


Actually, I believe I told you not to do it, knowing that you would naturally oppose me. Balance is thus maintained.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverse psychology is a bitch.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in any case opposing the Opposition to the Opposition (i.e. the Anti-Opposition) is more opposing and more important than just opposition to the Not-Opposition. It's twice the opposition content. Since I technically did not oppose Aurelyn's wishes, that was a measure of not-opposition but that still means the level of opposition is normal.

So yeah, the balance is maintained. Aurelyn, you truly are a Magnificent Bastard.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all one big Xanatos Gambit!
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Munan
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 3232
Location: Living on my own

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I had my suspicions, but now I know for sure who is behind this. I think...
_________________
The Justified Ancient of Mu Mu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, are you suggesting that alp, the people is in fact not your own sock puppet?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it is but he's just trying to fuck with our minds.
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flyingstu



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who aLp, the people is.

Its Munan himself.*head explosion*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group