Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Best scene ever in the history of movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Best scene ever in the history of movies Reply with quote

Well, just watched the last hour of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and I decided to create this topic.

I nominate the cemetery shoot-out for the best scene I ever saw. I may have watched it a 1000 times (literally maybe, because a while back I just put this scene on repeat while getting ready to go to school) but it never loses it's awesomeness. Although I know exactly what is gonna happen, I'm still glued to the screen.

Runner-up is going to be the Matrix lobby scene I think. From the moment Neo says "Guns, lots of guns" till they get in the elevator (well, and actually the rest of the movie after that), I love watching it over and over.

So, what's your favorite scene, and maybe a runner-up. Let's see what we all have in common.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Bloo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of any right now that I think are the best for the rest of forever, but that one scene in Scott Pilgrim where the two dragons fought the ogre thing in the band battle kinda blew my mind at the time.
Smiley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke and Vader, first duel on Bespin, from the time Luke first steps into the freeze chamber until he jumps off the gantry. Pure awesomeness from my childhood.
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley wrote:
Luke and Vader, first duel on Bespin, from the time Luke first steps into the freeze chamber until he jumps off the gantry. Pure awesomeness from my childhood.

Can't argue with that.

I'll be an asshole and say: the Harry and Hermione dance scene to the tune of a Nick Cave's song from the latest HP movie. Because fuck yes, that's why.
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I actually thought that was great, too. I didn't know what to think of it when I first saw it because I was surprised, honestly.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually like to throw in the intro to Star Wars into the ring. The little runner, laser bolts, the score and then... The Might Of The Empire.

Epic. Classic. Iconic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now for the obvious one: the whole of Pulp Fiction's adrenaline shot to the heart sequence - from the moment Travolta finds Uma blacked out on the sofa until the moment she caps off the evening with the tomato family joke and walks back home - might be the best several minutes ever put on film, but you knew that already.
Aracno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some scene from Terminator or Terminator 2... Can't say just one 'cause there is so many good parts. Oh, the bar scene in T2!! Where Arnold walks naked to the bar and then leaves with that one guy's motorcycle. Razz
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
Ok, now for the obvious one: the whole of Pulp Fiction's adrenaline shot to the heart sequence - from the moment Travolta finds Uma blacked out on the sofa until the moment she caps off the evening with the tomato family joke and walks back home - might be the best several minutes ever put on film, but you knew that already.

Hmmm... I'd personally vote on the scene where Bruce Willis just escaped the Gimp and is grabbing a weapon to free Marsellus Wallace. First he grabs a hammer, then a baseball bat and then a motherfucking mini chainsaw. And then he looks up, and he stares. And he absent-mindedly puts down the chainsaw and reaches for something. What could it be? What's even better than a motherfucking mini chainsaw?

Cue Bruce Willis doing stuff with katana.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
count

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new favorite scene since I first saw Hancock is when Will Smith stops the train. Lady says "...and I can smell the liquor on your breath!" To which Smith replies "CAUSE I BEEN DRINKIN' BITCH!"

Greatest. Scene. Ever.

It's like the opposite and stuff.

Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: