Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
So Simon found out about this game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: So Simon found out about this game... Reply with quote

... on Gametrailers. It's called, get this, "Interstellar Marines".

... wut?

But seriously some guys are making this, but there seems to be a lot of good things going on with this game despite the completely trite title. For one, they're going for a crowd-sourced budget for the development. Basically this means they're funding development with customer pre-orders. They're apparently being very, very open with their customers and the press about the development process. And the demos, which are playable in-browser, are actually rather impressive in my opinion.

Now I'm not absolutely gushing about this thing. It's entirely possible that the devs may fold before they get their unoriginal SPESSMEHREENS game to the finish line and I really doubt this is gonna be anything better than average with some pearls thrown in (ex. LANDSHARKS) but it's an interesting phenomenon I'm myself gonna follow. If this experiment succeeds, it could well mean a new and very exciting era for independent video game development in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the game development strategy, but, as you say, it doesn't look like the game's gonna be anything special, which is a shame.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Sal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those landsharks look pretty sweet.
Can't be bothered to register on yet again site just to check out the playable demo, though (I do appreciate the option nontheless).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: