Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
New Mass Effect 2 content: Shadow Broker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: New Mass Effect 2 content: Shadow Broker Reply with quote

Hey Simon,

You see this? I got an email from xbox live about it. I think you play console, but I honestly don't know if the expansions come out at the same time.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm a strictly PC gamer (at least until I get off my ass and get that Wii). Yes, I've heard of it, and I'm getting it. Though I'll likely not play it until I get a new rig up and running since my current one bricked itself yesterday.

And Bioware DLC does come out at the same time for all platforms, though I get no notifications because I don't subscribe to those newsletters. I just load up the ME/DAO Wiki page and that basically tells me all the news I need to know.

Btw while we're on the subject, Borderlands is also getting new DLC later this month. Personally I was a fan of Dr Ned and Knoxx's Armory since they felt like genuine expansions of the game, so I'm looking forward to this one. Mad Moxxi however is a boring shlog through tired brown old arenas doing the same old boring shit of killing people over and over again. Thank God I got it on sale so I didn't waste too much cash on it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I still haven't completed the main story line from ME2. I got pissed when your crew gets kidnapped, so I went back to a previous save and build that gun ad-on for the ship -- of course that didn't change the story line and I got frustrated after putting in 18h+ getting to that gun.

I understand it will help later, but... so it goes. I did like the Zombie add-on for Borderlands. Unfortunately, the upstairs 360 has gone on the blink again and I'll need to get it re-repaired. Haven't played anything much lately. Waiting for either Fable 3 or New Vegas.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played it through the once. I had every intention of taking a completely different character through ME1 and importing it, but I can't face playing all the way through the first game again.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing through ME1 isn't so bad if you just cheat in max charm/intimidate and skip all the collection quests. God damn those collection quests. I did them all, hoping there'd be a proper reward, but nope. Cash and XP. Cash and XP. Cash and XP. And a cleaner journal...

ME1 has that problem in general. No interesting reward experiences for all the trouble it gives you.

I did ME1 twice. I tried multiple times to go through as a renegade vanguard but never could work myself up to continue past Feros. Also the game is pretty much biased towards Paragons, which sucks. Also also my second run through ME1 was just about perfect so I have little incentive to go back and redo it all again. Killing Ashley again through may be worth it.

Is it me or is Bioware really having trouble with making likeable human female characters in the Mass Effect series? Ashley's a racist, preachy cow. Jack is just scary. Miranda has that god-awful manface. Kelly's, well...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly glad that I never went near that...

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not as bad as what the internet seems to have interpreted Harbinger's obsession with Shepard...

"Renegades are red
Paragons are blue,
Assuming direct control,
This hurts you."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the ME1 a few times. really enjoyed that one. I think I'm about to get to some important things in ME2, just dont have time lately. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: