Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Another browser game, this one featuring beatdowns!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Another browser game, this one featuring beatdowns! Reply with quote

So I found this game on the intarwebz: http://www.mmatycoon.com

The basic idea is that you are a manager for several professional MMA fighters. You can either hire free agents off the street to be your own modern gladiators, or you can create your own from scratch.

I personally recommend creating your own... free agents tend to be fighters who've losing records and their managers realized they were duds and then sacked'em.

When creating a fighter, you choose his name, age (younger fighters learn fasters/gain more skill points per training session, older fighters start with more skill points to distribute), where he's from, where he's headquartered in the MMA world, and put points into various stats: General skills like Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, specific skills like punching, kicking, elbows, knees, takedowns, submissions, takedown defense, ground and pound, etc. as well as physical stats like Agility, Balance, Conditioning, Strength, Speed, and Flexibility.

Once you've gone through all that, you take your fighter(s) to the gym and start training 'em. Once you feel your fighter is ready to start proving his mettle, sign him up for a fight at the QFC (Quick Fighting Championships) and once a fight is booked, he'll fight in 3 days, during which time you can scout out the general stats of your opponent (Oh crap, I signed an 18 year old to fight without training much first, and I'm fighting a 22 year old dude who's got the same build I do, but is superior in every way).

If you manage to win your fight, you might get a contract to fight at a bigger venue with larger cash prizes, as well as maybe getting a sponsorship offer from one of the many in-game businesses (nutritional supplements, clothing, private gyms)

I started playing this about a week ago, and I'm hooked. The strategy is pretty deep, and all-around weaker fighters can beat all-around stronger fighters if you align your tactics right to fight the sort of fight that favors you. It doesn't take too long to play; you can usually make all of the decisions you would make for one day in 30 minutes or less.

Lastly, if you try it out and like it enough to get a VIP membership... kindly say that "RectalAtrocity" (juvenile, I know) referred you to the game. Doesn't do anything except lengthens the amount of time my VIP membership lasts. Very Happy

So c'mon, let's go beat some ass!
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like something I could get into. I'm just playing too many fucking browser games already, to be able to learn and keep track of a new one. Maybe later, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: