Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
PS3 or Wii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: PS3 or Wii Reply with quote

Already have the 360. Considering another console. Fav games are Oblivion, KOTOR, FO3, like Rockband/GH games, but mostly role-playing. remember loving Zelda on the 1980s Nintendo but no nothing about what the newer Nintendos did with the franchise. Kinda leaning toward the PS3 because of the Blu-ray. I guess I'd like to hear pros of the Wii. I was kinda excited by the prospect of Wii music, but just about every review seemed to slam it. I thought Wii Fit sounded innovative, but I can lean on a board that doesn't cost $80. What say you oh Forum gamers?
Bloo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have either, so I doubt I'll be helping out much. However, I have played both on more than one occasion and I'll post my opinions anyway.

There was one main reason why I wanted to buy the Wii: the new Zelda. Like I said, even though I don't own it myself, I've played Twilight Princess and I'm not saying for sure you'd like it, but there's a high chance that you would if you're that confident in the title.

Another was Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Although that game's much more fun with others than on your own, it's still pretty great when you're by yourself. But online play is free of charge so you're pretty much set for multiplayer.

But online play for the PS3 is also free, and you get the blu-ray feature. Though there are many games you can get for the PS3 that are also out for the 360, and unless you're a hardcore movie goer, HD and standard resolution aren't much worse than blu-ray.

The PS3 comes with a lot more features (from what I know), but in my opinion, the Wii is much, much more fun than the PS3 is.

I've no idea what type of gamer you are, but if you are going to get the Wii, I'd suggest getting the two games mentioned above. If you're for the PS3, I'd probably buy the new God of War... whenever it comes out. You might end up getting more movies than games. I know you're much older than I am and might not think the Wii is as fun as I do, so you might be better off getting a PS3.

But like I said, I don't know you or what type of gamer you are; personally I'd get a Wii over the PS3, but that's only because I'm one of those guys who'd choose Mario over LittleBigPlanet.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3.

Wii is for little kids with too much energy.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Azrael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 is a serious decision, it's mostly for the hardcore fans, considering the price and small selection of actual good games. You do get blu-ray, which provieds a subtly clearer picture, and the PS3 does make a good grill with the proper modifications.

Wii is best suited for casual fun, and the best games on the Wii are the Wii exclusives, the mult-platform games perform rather poorly with the Wii since they were not really meant for it.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the PS3 does have Little Big Planet, which I hear is damn good...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard so much good about Little Big Planet i wish they released it on PC.
Frost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 has MGS4 and will have God of War 3. I would cut off my little finger to play GoW3, but alas... I haz 360 (not that I'm complaining about xbox, mind you).
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
i've heard so much good about Little Big Planet i wish they released it on PC.
There are so many games that deserve to be on PC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both and never saw a need for a 360 heh. I can tell you that a good chunk of my friends, even the ones that are long time nintendo fangirls/boys havn't touched the Wii in months. The last good game was Brawl that came out last spring. Its basically like a board game for when friends come over, and you said you have rockband for that. Cranium for $20 bucks would be a better value.

Little big Planet is an awesome game but maybe not a system seller, and blu-ray players are coming down in price.

My suggestion is to buy a DS, its still outselling all the consoles, offers the nintendo goodness and fills in the time when you're not playing a console
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the opins. I think I'm going to go with a PS3. I think I'd like some of the exclusive games like Little Big Planet (I've read you can create your own levels and upload them?) and the God of War stuff. I could swear have Metal Gear on the original (?) Nintendo... it seems now it is PS3 exclusive. I guess the thing is, I look at the games for the Wii and... am just not impressed. I know people that have a ton of fun with Mariocart, but I'm pretty happy with the xbox driving/racing games. It seems like I need to convince myself to get one, which doesn't seem right.
Bloo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the more I thought about it... the only games I DID want on the Wii were Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB, which I don't want as badly as some games coming out on the 360. Sometimes I kind of wish I have a PS3 to be honest, you PS3 owners have God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword and Metal Gear Solid.

LittleBigPlanet probably would've done MUCH better if it was on other systems too, me thinks...
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBP couldn't have been made for any of the other consoles. Even though its made to look like cardboard and string, its definitely a next gen game. I don't think a wii would even have enough memory for just the textures used on a typical level.
And xbox requires the developer make games without needing a harddrive. Seeing as the main draw of this game is user created content, they need a HD to store it all. The game is made to appeal to the casual gamer, which means people that are stupid enough to buy an xbox arcade would buy it and not be able to play and complain.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the most complicated level editors I've ever used were the Impossible Creatures, and Marathon ones. If this game's anything like them then I'll definitely look into playing LBP sometime.
cfos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the PS3, today. No games, but Dark Knight and Iron Man on blu-ray. Can't believe it didn't come with a hdmi cable. Ah well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: