Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
USB Gaming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: USB Gaming Reply with quote

I know I already posted this in the Linksssss section but since I don't have the power to delete Nron's nonsensical post and/or move the thread I hope Blaster or Munan can hear my plea and delete that thing. This thread should be in this category anyway.

So, USB Gaming. It's a site run by a guy who's bringing back the games of yesteryear, making them portable (i.e. you don't need to install them), and even adding the patches, expansion packs, and mods. The project's been up since July but the man's already pumped out a nice list of games, including the Fallout and Baldur's Gate series (woowoo!), with more on the way.

You need a BitTorrent to download them, and some specialized program to decompress .7z files. And if you already have the games the guy also makes programs that convert them into portable format.

So far I've had no problem with the games, except for some difficulty extracting Baldur's Gate 1, though that may be due to the program I'm using to extract (IZArc). I'm actually surprised since when I tried to install my own copy of Baldur's Gate II on my computer there were graphics problems galore and the game crahsed whenever I picked up a katana, but this version is working just fine.

Personally I hope he does his magic on System Shock 2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Gaming Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Personally I hope he does his magic on System Shock 2.

Ever get around to playing that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually no I haven't. Sad Frankly I never got far with the Fallout games either. So with those, Fallout 3, the Oblivion Expansion Packs (KotN & SI), Witcher, Bioshock, yadda yadda, I'm going to be fucking swamped. With that in mind I'm actually kinda thankful EA and Ubisoft are forcing me to boycott their games since on top of the list already I'd have Dead Space, Mass Effect, Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, and Red Alert 3 trampling over each other for my time.

It doesn't help that TF2 and L4D got me hooked like crack and mentally spanks me for leaving them alone for any length of time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Shock 2 doesn't care for multi core CPUs, set it to run on just one.

Hopefully my L4D will arrive tomorrow. Thanks to the boxed edition not coming out until Friday. Saved 15.25 over the download version, though.

On topic, I recently read a letter in PC Gamer from a guy who put Armageddon Empires on a flash drive so he could play it at work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC Gamer UK I presume? I used to read the US version before they became hacks and idiots. I mean, c'mon, by no means does Crysis even compare to Half Life 2, but they were given the same score by PC Gamer US!

On the subject of video games on stick, I won't be surprised when people discover that the real reason for the world economic downturn is due to procrastinating workers who can carry entire game libraries in their pcokets nowadays. I know I am.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
PC Gamer UK I presume?

Correct.

The absence of a mouse on the computers that control the robots and grinders at work would make it difficult to game on them. Although the grinders do have touch keyboards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: