Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
AVP 2 Confirmed
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SiL




Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobo wrote:
australias ratings are coolerer

G - general
PG - Parental Guidance
M 15 - Mature (15) [this is only a reccomendation. anyone can go in]
MA - Mature Adult [u are either above 15, or are accompanies by sum1 hoo is.]
R - Restricted [strictly 18+]
AV - Adult violence [i have no idea about this one]


AV's only for TV, isn't it?



IRT NC-17 Rating For AvPII:

I say we get the director of Predator II in, as he obviously know how to lay in the gore.

After all, it was originally NC-17 before they hacked it to an R (something he didn't like).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amyltrer



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 1678
Location: On a trophy wall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobo wrote:
australias ratings are coolerer

G - general
PG - Parental Guidance
M 15 - Mature (15) [this is only a reccomendation. anyone can go in]
MA - Mature Adult [u are either above 15, or are accompanies by sum1 hoo is.]
R - Restricted [strictly 18+]
AV - Adult violence [i have no idea about this one]


Ooohhh, yeah! Don't tell me that there is some one who respects them!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wrist-bladesRus



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 127
Location: In a coffin in the US

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well austrlia is layed back, they had their violent, penal colony stuff, so they are agresivly exaused, so basically nobody is gonna care
_________________
VAMPIRES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
A1i3N



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Posts: 66
Location: DownUnda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats what you think. I had to flash ID to get into AVP.

To get into Blade Trinity(MA I was 14 at the time)I had to buy a ticket to Elektra and then sneak into Blade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amyltrer



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 1678
Location: On a trophy wall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1i3N wrote:
Hey thats what you think. I had to flash ID to get into AVP.

To get into Blade Trinity(MA I was 14 at the time)I had to buy a ticket to Elektra and then sneak into Blade.


I think you'll enjoy a visit in Romania!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wrist-bladesRus



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 127
Location: In a coffin in the US

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ii mai relaxat acolo, te lasa sa intri la un R-movie daca esti un copil?
_________________
VAMPIRES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
amyltrer



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 1678
Location: On a trophy wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrist-bladesRus wrote:
Ii mai relaxat acolo, te lasa sa intri la un R-movie daca esti un copil?

Rus, (pot sa-ti zic Rus?) , in Romania actuala termenul de minor nu are un sens bine definit.
Deci, hai sa-ti zic o faza tare de tot: Eu , intr-un magazin , sa-mi iau un pachet de tigari ( da, fumez, care-i baiul? Evil or Very Mad ) Si se uita vanzatoarea chioras la mine si zice:"Dom'soara tre'sa ai peste 18 ani (eu am 16) ca sa cumperi tigari" Evil or Very Mad Vine un copil de 6 ani si zice "Tanti , vreau si eu un pachet de tigari" Si pe el il serveste! ( THE BITCH! )

So, if you want to came in Romania to buy ciggaretes, make sure you're over 18, and don't forget your ID card at home!

Da' la filme poti sa vii linistit, ca nu te verifica nici dracu'!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Artemorra



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 8
Location: Suomi,Finalnd,Perkele

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's great news! I think the main thing in this movie will be the bredalien that came in the end of AvP. cool. Cool

I don't really care who directs the movie, as long as it has some real slaughter and shootig aliens on it. xD
_________________
"Beloved old friend and life-time
companion without you to
nothing I would fall. Your
power pervades me and lies
me low, but as the same time
a new strenght is born in
my soul."
-Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RobinHood3000



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 224

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artemorra wrote:
I think that's great news! I think the main thing in this movie will be the bredalien that came in the end of AvP. cool. Cool


SERIOUSLY doubt it. A PredAlien chestburster on a ship full of super-experienced Elder Preds on THEIR turf stands about as much chance as a 5-year-old at Neverland Ranch.
_________________
Grrrr...RAAAAARRRGHHH!!!

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InvaderJess



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Always lurking in the shadows

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RobinHood3000"

SERIOUSLY doubt it. A PredAlien chestburster on a ship full of super-experienced Elder Preds on THEIR turf stands about as much chance as a 5-year-old at Neverland Ranch.[/quote]

That was fucking hilarious. Two points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
SERIOUSLY doubt it. A PredAlien chestburster on a ship full of super-experienced Elder Preds on THEIR turf stands about as much chance as a 5-year-old at Neverland Ranch.


This is hardly an new topic, but I have to disagree. A ship full of elder preds on the hunt with a known target in mind would be a force to be reckoned with, but a ship full of elder preds caught unawares could conceivably be killed one by one. Eventually the alien would be hunted down, but it could do some damage in the meanwhile. It all really comes down to what kind of surveillance technology the preds have and how often they communicate with one another.
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Corinna



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, being aware of what kind of 'damage' an alien can do, the preds surely have excellent surveillance tech, I mean they won't be caught easily. Although one or two preds might fall...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, perhaps. Certainly one would think that they would have at least checked Scar's body given the nature of the hunt in which he was engaged.
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Corinna



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the were looking foward to have one of those predaliens as a pet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they already checked his body, and knew what was inside of him. So they put him there so the PredAlien could burst out in safety. I betcha the opening scene of AvP2 is an Elder Pred bursting in the room, going to fight the PredAlien Wink
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point! I never thought of that. Maybe they just wanted a decent challenge. Elders probably get sick of the same old same old. Eh, another day, another bug hunt. Yawn. Oh, what's this? A new breed. Hmm. Let the games begin!
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RobinHood3000



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 224

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Perhaps they already checked his body, and knew what was inside of him. So they put him there so the PredAlien could burst out in safety. I betcha the opening scene of AvP2 is an Elder Pred bursting in the room, going to fight the PredAlien Wink


Hmm, intriguingly possible, but none of the Elder Preds had masks on at any point. But a definitely possibility given the amount of time the Elders spent off-screen, and an interesting one.
_________________
Grrrr...RAAAAARRRGHHH!!!

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDidious



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 71
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a shameless bump, but I think this is something worth bringing to the attention of the people on this forum, since as far as I've found it hasn't been posted here yet.

This guy has written his own conception of a sequel to AVP. I've read most of it, and I think that its pretty good, especially how he ties it into both the original Predator films and the Alien films in a far more convincing manner than AVP did.

http://avp2-twoprinces.tripod.com/

I hope you like it.
_________________
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.....that way, when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Niall



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor the First wrote:
I betcha the opening scene of AvP2 is an Elder Pred bursting in the room, going to fight the PredAlien Wink

If that's the case I reckon this PredAlien is b*s*ta*d. Laughing
_________________
'Just die, you bitch!'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sev



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 78
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they make the Predators Predators again instead of WWE wrestlers, everything will be good.
_________________
"The time for talk is over. Now we must kung fu..."
"Wait! But I just wanted to kn--"
"SILENCE!! Kuuuuung FUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~!!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me sad is that everytime I see someone say "they should do this instead in the next movie" I feel as though the next movie will never live up to anyone's expectations.

WWE wrestlers? Because they wrestled Aliens similar to them? Well, how do you want them to take an Alien head on? Is it their fault that every move that would be perfect for an Alien is already being used in wrestling?

And what about their bodies? Is that what you mean? I happened to like their body upgrade, and that upgrade was designed for these Predators since they were going against Aliens, not humans.

If they looked like the P1 and P2 Predators, they would be lunchmeat for the Aliens. The P1 Pred was built for the jungle. The P2 Preds were built for the city landscape and the AVP Preds were built to take on Aliens. You wouldn't breed a horse to look pretty and then make him pull twice his own weight in wood? It's not gonna happen...
_________________
plz to be visiting my board of predator debauchery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sē wrote:
You wouldn't breed a horse to look pretty and then make him pull twice his own weight in wood? It's not gonna happen...


Lol, I just had a mental image about a horse literally snapping in two...

They should definitely make an Imageshack equivalent for mental images...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sev



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 78
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sē wrote:
What makes me sad is that everytime I see someone say "they should do this instead in the next movie" I feel as though the next movie will never live up to anyone's expectations.

WWE wrestlers? Because they wrestled Aliens similar to them? Well, how do you want them to take an Alien head on? Is it their fault that every move that would be perfect for an Alien is already being used in wrestling?


Predators in Movie 1 and 2 were graceful hunters. They weren't hugging and groping their prey while the camera was shaking like crazy to trick the viewer into thinking the two of them actually know how to fight.

I take fight choreography seriously cause I'm spoiled on Hong Kong kung fu movies and I've been taking martial arts since I was 3. I can tell right away if someone can or cannot fight. The Predators in that movie could not fight. If you look carefully, they actually weren't struggling much with the aliens at all. They were moving pretty slowly, as a matter of fact. They just tried to trick you by shaking the camera and making it feel hectic. You would think one of them would have the sense to try and stab the aliens in the head - on the side or something so the blood wouldn't burn them - for the ten minutes they were grappling close enough to tell what each other had for lunch. They didn't even bother to dodge even though they saw the aliens like fifteen feet in front of them.

Quote:
And what about their bodies? Is that what you mean? I happened to like their body upgrade, and that upgrade was designed for these Predators since they were going against Aliens, not humans.


I don't mind big and bulky, but I do mind slow and clumsy. When the word predator comes into your head, do you think of a rhino or a panther?


Quote:
If they looked like the P1 and P2 Predators, they would be lunchmeat for the Aliens. The P1 Pred was built for the jungle. The P2 Preds were built for the city landscape and the AVP Preds were built to take on Aliens. You wouldn't breed a horse to look pretty and then make him pull twice his own weight in wood? It's not gonna happen...


Why? Is it because you equate bigger = better?

Bruce Lee was 5'7 and 135 pounds, and yet he is unanimously considered the greatest fighter of the 20th century. No man from his time or today could stand up to him. If you want proof, read any of the students he's trained, who include Heavyweight Karate Champion Joe Lewis and Chuck Norris, who was World Middleweight Karate Champion undefeated for 7 years.

Horses pulling wood isn't the same thing as a predator stalking prey. You want a more naturalistic example?

Us. Human beings. With agility, speed and intelligence we eliminated the bigger and stronger Neandrathals. We've slain Wooly Mammoths with spears and strategy. Snakes paralyze and devour animals five times their size. The Black Mamba snake is only two fingers wide, but a bite from it can kill a man in a few minutes.

They're called Predators for a reason. They actually stalked and hunted prey in the 1st and 2nd movies. In AvP it was a slugfest.
_________________
"The time for talk is over. Now we must kung fu..."
"Wait! But I just wanted to kn--"
"SILENCE!! Kuuuuung FUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~!!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sev wrote:


Predators in Movie 1 and 2 were graceful hunters. They weren't hugging and groping their prey while the camera was shaking like crazy to trick the viewer into thinking the two of them actually know how to fight.

I take fight choreography seriously cause I'm spoiled on Hong Kong kung fu movies and I've been taking martial arts since I was 3. I can tell right away if someone can or cannot fight. The Predators in that movie could not fight. If you look carefully, they actually weren't struggling much with the aliens at all. They were moving pretty slowly, as a matter of fact. They just tried to trick you by shaking the camera and making it feel hectic. You would think one of them would have the sense to try and stab the aliens in the head - on the side or something so the blood wouldn't burn them - for the ten minutes they were grappling close enough to tell what each other had for lunch. They didn't even bother to dodge even though they saw the aliens like fifteen feet in front of them.


But take into consideration the following:

1. The budget and time allowance was rather thin.

2. The person who played the Predators in the first two movies died of AIDS shortly after P2 was created.

3. The Predators in question story-wise were teenagers. They wern't out there to stalk their prey, rather it could be that their prey was stalking them. They were taught to fight xenos, not stalk them. Their camo is useless against a xeno, and I highly doubt a young unseasoned Predator knows how to properly stalk prey without the proper camo equipment.

4. This movie is nothing more than a superficial popcorn flick. If you want extreme fight choreography, then check out stuff by ...well, you probably own enough kung fu movies.

Quote:

I don't mind big and bulky, but I do mind slow and clumsy. When the word predator comes into your head, do you think of a rhino or a panther?


I think of a killer, or at least a thing that takes something from another. A predator is not always going to be an invisible thing, or one that cannot easily be seen.

Bears are predators. So are hawks. Like the Preds in AVP, they use their power and natural ability to capture their prey.


Quote:

Why? Is it because you equate bigger = better?


Have you seen the extra body fat on the P1 pred? Seriously...that meat's good eatin'!

The difference I see between them all is what their mass is centered on. The AVP preds have more muscle packed in the upper torso, whereas the P1 and P2 preds have it distributed nicely around the body, good balance for jumping and climbing.

Quote:

Bruce Lee was 5'7 and 135 pounds, and yet he is unanimously considered the greatest fighter of the 20th century. No man from his time or today could stand up to him. If you want proof, read any of the students he's trained, who include Heavyweight Karate Champion Joe Lewis and Chuck Norris, who was World Middleweight Karate Champion undefeated for 7 years.


Good for him.

I want to see Mr. Lee, bless his good soul, to be cloned and then to go out wearing nothing but his trademark bare chest and smexy pants and use his awesome karate skills to take down a rather nimble raptor-like silicon based creature with large claws, sharp pointy teeth and acid blood.

Bigger does always mean better. Well, in this case at least.

And may I mention again that Mr. Lee was a quite seasoned and skilled fighter whereas the Predators in AVP were amateur teenagers.

Quote:
Horses pulling wood isn't the same thing as a predator stalking prey. You want a more naturalistic example?


Please read all of the above.

Quote:
Us. Human beings. With agility, speed and intelligence we eliminated the bigger and stronger Neandrathals.


So bigger means that the person is dumber? That's what I am seeing when I read that.

Quote:
We've slain Wooly Mammoths with spears and strategy.


And teamwork. Don't forget teamwork. Unfortunatly our good ol' AVP preds didn't have that when it came down to eliminating the xenos.

Quote:
Snakes paralyze and devour animals five times their size. The Black Mamba snake is only two fingers wide, but a bite from it can kill a man in a few minutes.


With venom of course. If the Predators have the ability to tranquilize a xeno and then kill it, I'll get back to you on that one.

Quote:

They're called Predators for a reason. They actually stalked and hunted prey in the 1st and 2nd movies. In AvP it was a slugfest.


OSHITSON!

I should of just read the last paragraph and save myself some time. Curse me and my impatience!
_________________
plz to be visiting my board of predator debauchery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Corporal Waffle



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 1080
Location: Waffle bells. Waffle bells. Waffles all the way...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone likes to write LONG reply's..........



Razz

J/K
sē wrote:
raptor-like silicon based creature with large claws, sharp pointy teeth and acid blood.


Aliens???
RazzRazzRazzRazz
_________________

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group