Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
What made you have mixed feelings, today?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate Spidegal wrote:

Only in New York.

I was on the bus heading home minding my own business. I was listening to music and was dozing. When I first got onto the bus there was a guy sitting 2 seats away from me drinking a beer. No one said anything since we're coming from Coney Island and there's always someone trying to kill a beer while on the bus. So I'm dozing off, minding my own business...and then something tells me to open my eyes. I peek up and I see a woman staring at the man who was drinking beer. I glance over and the man is snorting cocaine out of his hand. When I say snorting...he's cutting it with his metrocard in his hand...and then holding it up to his nose and snorting loudly. Now that woke my ass up. I look off to the side and a man is staring at him. Mind you this man is with his wife and two small daughters.

When the guy was done he put a pair of sunglasses on. Its 10:30 pm. He has no reason to be wearing them but alas he has them on. As soon as he starts wiping his hand on his knee to get the coke off...a woman sits next to him. The rest of the ride I'm wide awake.

Granted this isn't as bad as walking with my boyfriend and seeing a homeless dude masturbating...but its pretty damn close.

I swear. Only in NY.

...lmao. Did I welcome you back yet? Because I should have.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You should have Bloo. Thank you! I'm back in NYC to enjoy walking past all the Methadone clinics and bodegas...again.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this project for school were I was gonna try and make my own game. Or at least a demo. It was going to be a sort of Half-life clone (hey, who would notice these days) but it got cancelled. It was gonna be too time consuming and the main idea was for me to go through all the steps of creating a game, but I already did that a few months ago.

So know I'm going to make a small diorama of something. I'm glad the subject got changed, because I found it hard to get working on. And when I did, I wasn't really working in a constructive, organized way. But still, I was really looking forward to the end product.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night me and my girlfriend both went out in different places. I got really drunk, which she didn't really appreciate, partly because I also promised her I wouldn't get drunk. So, this was the first time I slept on the couch... (and I thought that only happened in movies)

Anyway, the mixed part is because I had a really great time since a long while (which I also could've had without alcohol, don't get me wrong) so I don't feel like I did anything wrong. She has an issue with alcohol, but fuck that man... she knew I was a heavy drinker when she met me. I changed a lot in the 1.5 years we're dating, bringing the drinking down to a minimum, so what's the problem in letting go just once. It's not like I still get fucking wasted every weekend.

Now I'll probably get the whole "when the cats away" speech when she wakes up (besides the one I got yesterday, when I was still drunk) but seriously, it's only once in a few months I drink a little more than what's good for me.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Ipsa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Last night me and my girlfriend both went out in different places. I got really drunk, which she didn't really appreciate, partly because I also promised her I wouldn't get drunk. So, this was the first time I slept on the couch... (and I thought that only happened in movies)
[...] but seriously, it's only once in a few months I drink a little more than what's good for me.

It was probably less about the alcohol (otherwise, knowing that you were a heavy drinker she would be less inclined to date you) than the expectation ("promise") of a sober Aramor. Hope she didn't chew you out too badly. Wink
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She didn't have to. Sunday evening I realized what an asshole I was when she got home (I actually got a bit aggressive, I didn't hit her or anything, but still) and I was more pissed at myself than she was.

Ah well, at least now I have a very good reason to never do it again, because I turn into someone I don't like.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Sal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
She didn't have to. Sunday evening I realized what an asshole I was when she got home (I actually got a bit aggressive, I didn't hit her or anything, but still) and I was more pissed at myself than she was.

Ah well, at least now I have a very good reason to never do it again, because I turn into someone I don't like.

lol ur like teh alcaholic HULK
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sans the purple stretchy underwear Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the turning green.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that too. And the hulking out...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you turn red like the Russian Hulk. You know...since you're a ginger.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red actually is my favorite color, so...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Recaro Vivo I ordered arrived and it seems to fit in the back of my car and babygirl cfos seems ok with it and I didn't need to push the seat up to far. Still not sure if I'm going to keep this car or trade it in for something more family friendly. Confused
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the reprint for my 17th publication today. First publication where I have the "senior" author tag-line. Likely my last publication in a peer-reviewed journal as I haven't been engaged in research in a while and all my outstanding publications have been submitted/accepted. Feels a little bitter-sweet, although I am authoring a few chapters of content related to my current job, it's not really the same thing (although, my contract states I may be eligible for royalties, few that they may be Wink ). Anyway...
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate!
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to play some Lord of the Rings: Online. I fired up the launcher at 01:00. It was done updating at 03:30. I played for 1.5 hours...

So on the one hand I'm glad I could spend some more time in wonderful Middle-Earth, on the other hand it completely sucked I had to wait longer for the game to get up-to-date than the time I spent playing today.

Then again, I kind of expected it, seeing I hadn't played it for about a year.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2012 Panamera S hybrid as a loaner today. I think the car is god-awful ugly, but it was kinda cool to see the projected mileage be over 300 with half a tank.
cfos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after several weeks of no information, we didn't close on the house we were contracted to buy. Kinda sucks, but we got back our money ($5k) and the seller had to fork over another $5k for flaking on the contract.

Going to look at houses today.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misplaced my mallet bag this week. On one hand, I lost about $100+ worth of stuff and it was a dumb way to throw that money down the toilet, but on the other, it's an excuse to buy some better shit.

...And on the other, this better shit is gonna cost so much more than that, and the lost bag was a really old gift from my high school band director.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that anyone bringing up politics is just asking for a shitstorm of assholery, but I just have to say it: the current presidential election is really pissing me off and I'm considering not even voting. Now, hear it this way: I know it's really, really important to vote and that if I don't I shouldn't complain about what we get, but electing the leader of a 300 million person nation should not consist of said nation deciding which of two fucking turds is the shiniest when it plops into a toilet.

Now, I do have an opinion, but I'd like to let it mature before I make sure I know what I'm fighting for because of the issue of older adults thinking we're all wrong and the fact that I actually might be wrong (because even I hate young people). People who force the unsure to vote are the same ones complaining about non-voters "picking the wrong person." That's just as bad as not voting and then complaining about what you get.

I'm tired of everyone I know talking about this. Helping decide the fate of our country is important because it affects me, yes, which is why I have mixed feelings about whether or not I actually have it in the right mind to vote, but voting for someone I really don't know much about personally (despite all the ads, despite what the media says) because I was forced to vote - because it's 'the right thing to do no matter what' - is, to me, much more ignorant than not not partaking.

I mean, you wouldn't force me to try heart surgery because you know it would be good for the victim, so why this?

Last edited by Bloo on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you how to vote, but I can tell you why I'm voting the way I will be and you can decide whether or not you think my reasoning makes sense (by the way, the USA, which I'm assuming is the country you're talking about given that the general elections are Tuesday, has 300 mil, not 30 mil).

I'm voting Democrat for all congressional elections and either Democrat or Green for pres. The reason I'm not certain I'll vote democrat for president is because I live in California, which isn't exactly a swing state, so I'm somewhat inclined toward lending a little legitimacy to a third, less corporate party.

Essentially, I'm not voting Republican at all, for anything. Here are my reasons why:

NUMBER ONE: THE ECONOMY

First, I believe that the Republican mantra of "cut taxes on the wealthiest" will not improve the economy, and will in fact make it worse. Here's why: since the Bush years, the United States has had its highest levels of income disparity since 1929. Since Ronald Reagan, the conservative element in the country has advocated reducing taxes on the highest earners in this country based on the argument that wealthy people having more money = more money being spent to hire people. Sounds decent, except that wealthy people aren't stupid. They hire based on how much demand there is for whatever they're selling.

Let's say that Joe Everymillionaire thinks that he can only expect to sell $10 million worth of his product (widgets) this year, and he budgets enough money to hire people to produce that $10 million worth of widgets. Now, Joe Everymillionaire gets a huge tax cut, and has another $5 million to invest in whatever he likes. Is he going to hire more employees to produce more widgets? NO! He still thinks that he can sell $10 million worth. At this point, putting a single cent toward hiring people to produce more widgets would be wasted money, since he won't be able to sell those extras. So instead of investing the money in his business, he pockets the $5 million.

Now, this is an oversimplification. There ARE times when tax cuts are valid means of increasing employment, but generally this is only the case the demand is high.

So demand is a vitally important aspect as to why the economy is good when it's good, and bad when it's bad. But what drives demand?

It turns out that a more equitable distribution of wealth (more money with the middle class) drives demand. This is because people with less money spend a higher percentage of it on a regular basis. If 100 people make $10000 a year, they'll be spending about 99% of that every year on just food, housing, and clothing; they MIGHT be able to save 1% of it. If 1 person makes $1000000 per year, he can save an enormous percentage, after taxes, it's completely reasonable to expect that he'll be able to save a good 30% or so, even with a lavish spending lifestyle.

Why does this matter? It matters because more money being spent (in the above example, $990000 vs $700000) means businesses observe higher demand for their goods and services, which means they're more interested in hiring.

As with everything, there's a limit to the benefits of equitable wealth distribution. If it's TOO equitable, inflation tends to go apeshit and all the money becomes worthless. Consequently, you'd be safe in saying that there's a healthy range for wealth distribution, with both ends of too polarized or too flat being problematic.

Given that we currently have the highest level of wealth disparity in the US since 1929, I'm inclined toward thinking that right now we need a more equitable distribution of wealth in order to continue our economic recovery, and the Republican platform of tax cuts for the rich will lead to the exact opposite.

NUMBER TWO: FOREIGN POLICY

This one is going to be much shorter, since it's so dependent on one person in particular: The President. Obama's international reputation is leaps and bounds ahead of where GWB ever was. Let's be honest, on the international stage he's done quite well for himself and has been pretty damn effective at generating goodwill toward the US, pretty much the exact opposite of the GWB/Cheney's corporate-generated bullying.

Romney, by contrast, seems to piss people off wherever he goes. Remember the Olympics in London? During one of the easiest events possible to cozy up to the nation that's arguably our single biggest ally, he insults them, saying they were underprepared to host the Olympics! How fucking hard is it to just say: "Wonderful event! Good going, chaps!"

That's not even mentioning him publicly declaring in 2007 that Britain was a "Second-tier nation". Countries, even our allies, are sensitive to that kind of shit, douche.

...and, to get away from the president a little bit, let's not forget how many members of the Republican party have been hawkish about Iran. I'm not particularly keen on the idea of war with Iran, no matter how happy it would make our defense contractors.

NUMBER THREE: SOCIAL POLICY

This is getting too long and I don't feel like typing right now. Maybe later I'll finish this up.
Bloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire wrote:
by the way, the USA, which I'm assuming is the country you're talking about given that the general elections are Tuesday, has 300 mil, not 30 mil

Woops, typo. Edited.
Crotchfire wrote:
As with everything, there's a limit to the benefits of equitable wealth distribution. If it's TOO equitable, inflation tends to go apeshit and all the money becomes worthless. Consequently, you'd be safe in saying that there's a healthy range for wealth distribution, with both ends of too polarized or too flat being problematic.

Given that we currently have the highest level of wealth disparity in the US since 1929, I'm inclined toward thinking that right now we need a more equitable distribution of wealth in order to continue our economic recovery, and the Republican platform of tax cuts for the rich will lead to the exact opposite.

Crotchfire wrote:
NUMBER THREE: SOCIAL POLICY

This is getting too long and I don't feel like typing right now. Maybe later I'll finish this up.

Being a part of the generation that turned Romney into R. Money with the rap album Binders Fulla' Women (with a real goddamn song which I'll share with you all when I find it), I could not agree more with your opinion about foreign policy, and I'm sure no one can make much an argument against it.

I'd also love to hear what you think about social arguments, given that I think I know where you're going judging from your first two points but might still shed some light on the topic.

Unfortunately, the fact that I'm more interested in a topic that you haven't actually talked about yet brings me back to the whole 'generational' thing: I've found that people my age and below tend to really care more about the social aspect of Romney's direction and, more specifically, why he's a terrible, terrible candidate, and I'm no exception. This, in turn, has led me to realize I have not payed nearly enough attention to the economic side of things, and though I had a basic understanding of (mostly) everything you covered, I wouldn't have been able to argue against you if you were on the other side.

I'm not entirely convinced my generation knows what it's talking about 100% (again because of the fact that we pull shit like Binders Fulla' Women), but we know that if he goes through with even just half the shit he wants to with gay marriage and women's rights (which are, unsurprisingly, the biggest areas of concern with people, young or old), it'll cause so much unnecessary tension, and from what I've seen, he genuinely thinks he's going to fix the 'problems.' Now, I'm definitely not saying Obama's perfect, but so far I agree more with you (and, by extension, him).

What I'm saying is, if I am going to vote, I'm leaning toward the 2nd term.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, social issues are important too; some much more so than others depending on who you are. I think it's perfectly natural that people would pay the most attention to issues that directly affect them the most (or what they THINK directly effects them the most).

ANYWAY! On to the social issues.

I'm going to start with the great big S-word: Socialism.

Now, I'm not convinced that socialized everything would be a good thing; I have genuine concerns that a purely socialist economy would have serious negative ramifications (I worry about hyperinflation and stifling of innovation, not to mention the difficulties in achieving suching a state). That being said, a blanket condemnation of all things socialist is just moronic.

"I'm against SOCIALISM!"

Really? Yeah, I guess the government shouldn't build and maintain sewer systems, since that's SOCIALIZED sanitation. Oh yeah, roads too, since that'd be SOCIALIZED infrastructure. Public fire departments are SOCIALIZED fire protection. Public police departments are SOCIALIZED personal and property rights protection... and the kicker? The (IMHO) best way to just shut someone down who shrieks about the evils of socialism?

The military is socialized defense. The goddamn military is a social service; in THEORY you could provide for national defense with corporate mercenary armies, but I don't think there's ANYONE in our government who'd think of abolishing our military.

So let's talk about socialized medicine. Personally, I'm hugely in favor of it. As it was, there was a significant segment of the population whose needs weren't being provided for by the private health insurance sector: people with so-called "pre-existing conditions". Socialized medicine (Obamacare) provides them a life-saving service that the private sector could, but wouldn't. For me, that would be enough justification by itself, but for many people it isn't, so let's continue.

In 2009, CNN reported that roughly 60% of all bankruptcies occurring in the US were a result of medical bills. That's an enormous percentage for this, and a VERY strong indicator that our private medical insurance industry was not adequately providing for the healthcare needs of US citizens. It gets even better though: within that 60%, 78% of THOSE people HAD health insurance, but the medical bills bankrupted them anyway. Bear in mind that this was in 2009, AFTER the real-estate collapse of 2007. You'd think that the majority of bankruptcies would be tied to that. But no, medical bills takes the cake.

Given that bankruptcy represents a significant cost to all areas of our economy, this represents a very pressing need for the government to step into the health insurance arena. A purely private system has been royally fucking us over.

Now let's talk about education!

This'll be short and sweet. A vocal subset of the Republicans have been advocating bring religious teaching into public schools under the guise of "intelligent design" or platitudes like "teach the controversy" and openly opposing the teaching of evolution. Unfortunately for them, evolution is absolutely CRITICAL to our modern understanding of biology and medicine. We can SEE evolution happening right in front of us as our antibiotics lose their effectiveness against bacterial populations. If I were a more vindictive person, I'd say that we should treat the anti-evolution crowd's bacterial infections entirely with the original penicillin... but that'd be a death sentence for many, many people, and I'm not that evil yet.

They whine about the decline of America as a global superpower in one sentence and then they shit all over science education in the next. Do they have any awareness at all?

Sorry, I'm getting ranty. Let's get back to issues.

Women and abortion!

Now, I understand that the idea of abortion does have a tendency to raise uncomfortable philosophical questions. That's fine, so let's start off with the premise that no one wants to see more abortions taking place in our society. So how to we reduce the occurrence of it?

Easy access to contraceptives and comprehensive, REALISTIC sex education... both things that the Republicans traditionally oppose. Goddamnit, you fucks are wrong about just about EVERYTHING, aren't you?

Alright, so let's say that we have the above, but we're still having abortions what do we do? Well, now we get into the personal values bit. I'm of the opinion that we when have to assign rights to things, the rights of the conscious, thinking thing has priority. An actual, adult human gets priority over a potential human, and consequently I am pro-choice.

Now, I'd like to go into detail about how women's rights have basically been shat upon for the vast majority of human history. Let's face it, they've basically been property.

However, regardless of my pro-feminist leanings, I could easily get derailed into a discussion about this. Feminism and gender politics are huge subjects by themselves, and worthy of their own discussion elsewhere. Also, this post is getting pretty long.

Environment! Alternative energy sources (not coal or oil)! This is getting to be a long post, so let's just leave at this: if you give a shit at all about the environment and alternative energy, you should find these issues pushing you away from the Republicans at least a little.

...and I'm spent.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I wish I could vote in your election - you'd have inspired me to go to the polls!

I've always been pretty distrustful of a nation that regards "Socialism" as a dirty word.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: