Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
WWWAAAWLL-EEEEYYY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forumgoer Unavailable

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: WWWAAAWLL-EEEEYYY Reply with quote

That was supposed to be WALL-E. Get it? It's funny.

Anyways, I saw it today. I liked it, more than I expected to. It was much more amusing than the last couple PIXAR movies. The character design was great, and it was cute, but not sickeningly saccharine.

Anyone else seen it, or am I the only one childish enough?
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it... I wanna see it as well, but I gotta wait like 3 weeks before it's in the theatres here.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've planned to watch this movie like 6 times, and every time I'm about to leave for the theaters, SOMETHING comes up and I have to cancel my plans.

I want to see it badly, too. Sad

Married to SpideyGirl.
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it today. It's good.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet. I'll probably like it though... my favorite Pixar movie has to be the Incredibles.
InvalidUserID

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to watch it when it first came out and was surprised that it was more adults than little kiddies.

I would say that this movie would not be good for very young children since the first 30 minutes, while setting the table for the rest of the movie, likely wouldn't hold a kid's attention and the parents would have to explain a lot (hopefully after, not during, the movie).

Overall, not the best Pixar film but one of the better ones. I would put it above Cars, Bugs Life and Ratatouille, on par with Toy Story but below Finding Nemo. The pre-movie teaser is hilarious!

Oh and EEEEE-VAAAAA is badass...you'll see.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I walk into the theatre expecting the best. I was definitely not disappointed. WALL·E is a spectacular and imaginative work of art. I'm very glad to see that Pixar has not lost its stride. The plot is predictable, but it's all executed in such a manner that one can't help but invest themselves emotionally with the characters.

They've done a fantastic job unfolding such a deep and subtle plot with so little dialogue, and WALL·E and EVE have taken over HK-47 and R2-D2's place in my mind as the best robotic characters in any form of media ever. The romance is not cheesly done, and actually comes across as far more mature and realistic than everyone else's attempts at romantic plots. I think it's also the best and most effective satire of modern consumerism ever made.

Although it definitely seems like a kid movie, I found it to be very adult friendly. This is something I'm definitely going to watch with my kids if I ever have any. This movie is more classic than even The Incredibles or Finding Nemo. And I hope so much that the line "I don't want to survive! I want to live!" enters the public conscience.

And the HAL 9000 shout-out was great. By the way, did anyone else notice that virtually all of the best A.I. characters in film and video game history always had alphanumeric codes for names? R2-D2, C3PO, HAL 9000, T-800, HK-47, SHODAN, GLaDOS, WALL·E, EVE, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it.

I saw it with my family though and then I had to listen to a return car ride full of constant "Wwwalleee's" and "EEEvAAA's".
-- Zapp Brannigan
Lunabella

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
So I walk into the theatre expecting the best. I was definitely not disappointed. WALL·E is a spectacular and imaginative work of art. I'm very glad to see that Pixar has not lost its stride. The plot is predictable, but it's all executed in such a manner that one can't help but invest themselves emotionally with the characters.

They've done a fantastic job unfolding such a deep and subtle plot with so little dialogue, and WALL·E and EVE have taken over HK-47 and R2-D2's place in my mind as the best robotic characters in any form of media ever. The romance is not cheesly done, and actually comes across as far more mature and realistic than everyone else's attempts at romantic plots. I think it's also the best and most effective satire of modern consumerism ever made.

Although it definitely seems like a kid movie, I found it to be very adult friendly. This is something I'm definitely going to watch with my kids if I ever have any. This movie is more classic than even The Incredibles or Finding Nemo. And I hope so much that the line "I don't want to survive! I want to live!" enters the public conscience.

And the HAL 9000 shout-out was great. By the way, did anyone else notice that virtually all of the best A.I. characters in film and video game history always had alphanumeric codes for names? R2-D2, C3PO, HAL 9000, T-800, HK-47, SHODAN, GLaDOS, WALL·E, EVE, etc.

He was the greatest!

"Genocide is now an obtainable option"
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it and... I WANT IT TO NEVER END!!!

I thought it was awesome. I already love Pixar and now I love them more. Sorry if I seem to be stuffing entire peacocks up Pixar's ass but seriously, it's great. The story is awesome, the humor is good, it's totally cute and the visualization... don't get me started on that. I work with 3D every day by now and I can only hope to achieve something that comes slightly close to this.

I love it, I love it, I love it! (Ok, I'm slightly inhibriated, so I might be overdoing it with the luv)

Anyway, it was awesome. Especially the moral of the story: always make a back-up before replacing the motherboard Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: