Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Wanted Reply with quote

Mr. Tom-nASS does his best Shia LeBouef imitation. Angie is drippingly hot. Movie is ok. Could have been longer.
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Could have been longer.

That's what she said!

Seriously though, I agree that it could have been better. The plot could have been fixed a bit, and Spoiler:
what the fuck was up with the Loom of Fate? Everything else was somewhat realistic: increased heart rate and adrenaline give people super reflexes, bullets have rifling to make them curve, etc. But the Loom of Fate? Come on!

Most of the people with whom I watched the movie seemed to like it though.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw the preview I thought that maybe the movie would be okay. The more I see the previews, the worse it looks. This might be one that I'm going to skip.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Blaster... Laughing

You raise and interesting point. I didn't have too much of a problem with what you did because those things would have been around for a good 1000 years or so, which seemed to fit with the idea that THAT group had been around for quite some time.

While I felt there was some value to the plot, I think there were parts that seemed rushed together. The opening of the movie had a good Lucky Number Slevin feel to it and I liked the depth to which they introduce Mr Tom-nass. However, after the movie got to a certain point, it seemed to be rushed. Explanations for things were kind of hurried. I think if this movie got the Peter Jackson treatment and ranged close to 3 h, it could have been better developed. I also think there were parts that could have been lengthened while other parts could have gone into a sequel. While I don't think the movie was too short, it has the makings of a long movie that gets crammed at the end.

Ipsa, see it during the afternoon when cost was down. The movie wasn't all bad.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a movie about [the kid], who [joins a secret society that] [defends humanity from] [Them]. He [bangs The Chick] and [saves The World] with [the Power of Love]. [Lots of stuff blow up too.]

When I look deep inside, I discover that evn if I tried, I couldn't come up with somthing so uninspired as that.

No I haven't seen the film, and no I'm not going to. Angelina Jolie's presence in any film is a good indicator that the film is spectacularily mediocre.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
Yeah, but it seemed like they could have avoided the magical realism and maintained quasi-realism if it hadn't been for that stupid Loom! Obvious the Loom has some kind of sentient abilities. How else would if be able to spew out binary messages that just happen to correspond to letters of the alphabet used at the time?

I'm just saying, if they are going to introduce one magical aspect, then why not make it all magical? They go through the trouble of introducing semi-plausible explanations for the other things and then introduce a "talking" loom. WTF?

Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had rather low expectations for the film, but was surprised when I saw it on premiere night. I liked it, it was very stylized and moved in a fast-pace, but wasn't blindingly fast like some movies, although it did rush several scenes.

Spoiler:
But to answer all your confusion, Wanted is loosely based on a comic book series. The comic book featured a league of super-villains, while the film changed it to a league of assassins. These super-villains used a magical loom to help them during their plans of domination. Most of the firearms featured in the film were smoothebore, their barrels were not rifled and had a subtle curve, which is also why they would often swing their arm as they fired, to strengthen the arc the bullet would travel. I have never used smoothebore firearms, so I can't really judge how exaggerated they curved in the movie. But anyways, in the film it was revealed that the Loom was still mystical, but Sloan had been manipulating it to create fake contracts to gain power and later on gain world domination, just like in the comic.

But to try and appeal to the audience, alot of details were changed for the sake of making it just one movie. The Fraternity was changed from super-villains to assassins, the Looms prescence was not as prominant as it was in the comic, the characters had incredible refelxes instead of blatant super-powers.

Just so you know, I never read the comic myself, but my friend who I accompanied had. So don't flame me if you get lost on this.

I'd give it a 7/10 for being very entertaining. And as addressed above, they should not make a sequel.

Married to SpideyGirl.

Last edited by Azrael on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Bloo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never really interested, but it looks entertaining so I might rent it whenever it comes out.

Simon_Says wrote:
No I haven't seen the film, and no I'm not going to. Angelina Jolie's presence in any film is a good indicator that the film is spectacularily mediocre.

What about the one about the panda who learned kung fu?
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
He [bangs The Chick]

Not sure that actually happened. Sure, she kisses him, but I don't recall him being involved in a "bang" scene.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that summary is what I got from the trailer, that's about it. So a bang scene seemed pretty likely.

Also I haven't seen Kung-Fu Panda either, and the trailer for that suggested that it was also spectacularly mediocre.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I haven't seen it yet either. I just heard it was really good. At least, I think I haven't seen it.
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kung Fu Panda was very good. Dreamworks Animated's best film since Shrek.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: