Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Guns and knives
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDonald's obviously.

I can't believe you only used the quote function once and reverted back! And we were so proud...

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
McDonald's obviously.

I can't believe you only used the quote function once and reverted back! And we were so proud...

I guess, I'm a copy'n'paste sort of guy. Sometimes, what a person says is to long and I don't want to spend the time editing out parts that aren't pertinent to my comment. Call it lazy, if you want.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to think of it as taking a stand.

Master Chainsaw wrote:

Simon_Says wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like it is "my thing"? lol
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's something like how Sal never capitalizes words.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
It's something like how Sal never capitalizes words.

I think he's just saving up for a shift key. Only a few more months of work on the turnip farm, eh Sal?

So have they blamed games for that shooting yet? I'm sure Thompson was seen chasing the coroner's van afterward.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: I'm sure many of you think I'm responsible for this, but... Reply with quote

Utah should change the motto from "Life Elevated" to Wil Smith's "Wild West" chorus.

In the news today: Students at the University are petitioning the (insert government person here) for clarification of a law. Currently, students and faculty are permitted to carry concealed guns if they have a permit. That isn't enough. Now, students are lobbying to freely carry their guns in plain sight.

(Pause for the drama to set in)

Granted, I have a permit, but I've never carried because I just don't see myself as being under such scrutiney to warrent it. Mostly, I got it to see what it was like and not have to worry about the many locks are separating a firearm from a cartrige should I ever get pulled over going to the range or returning. Personally, I think the plain sight issue is ridiculous.
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they think that people being seen to be overtly armed would be a crime deterrent? Or they just wanna get into a shootout with the next shooting-rampage dude. Or shoot at cars with offensive, wine-based licence plates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this thread is old yet i noticed out of all the comments posted here not one had remarked on the fact that it is a part of humanity to be violent. not one peace activist or hippie can deny this fact for we are a warrior race, thespians and pacifists are created, humans on the other hand are born. even the "sky watchers", ufo buffs and abductees that believe in life outside of this island earth claim to realize the same thing because there is apparently 57 different alien species that have visited us here (always listen to the crazies my friends for there always is some kind of truth behind legend i.e. Vlad Dracul) of those 57 most have been categorized as friendly. most of them. your past is a map to your future, deny a part of who you are and you can not move foreward, acceptance is a crucial factor of progression, ask any scientist. denial is futile. by no means am i saying KILL!!! someone earlier mentioned that we might as well take away bows and arrows too while we're at it trying to ban guns. give me a hollow tube, a thin shaft of metal with some fur on one end and some home-made ricin and i'll kill you just the same as if i had a gun. humans are thoughful killers, imaginative to say the least. a friend demonstrated to me how to turn a toilet into a porclain shrapnel bomb with just oxygen. if you deny violence, you might as well deny your thumbs. the same goes for vegatarianism just like violence. we are not herbavores. period. think killing a cow is wrong?? how bout killing and deforming infants and toddlers, because thats what vegatarianism does. humans are omnivores at birth. choosing to only eat foliage is a choice that our babies dont get in the care of vegans. every year or so a story will air on CNN for all of 3 or 4 minutes about a toddlers death from being denied crucial meats in its diets because it's parents "chose" to deny that part of humanity to a growing entity of our species which are omnivores no matter which way you cut it. president lincoln's quote " a house devided cannot stand" can be applied to so many other aspects of our lives besides the brutalities of slavery, deny a part of yourself and you will forever be incomplete, end of story.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a load of bunk Laughing (BTW, I am a scientist).

Look, without some form of care all babies would die. Without some form of education, language wouldn't develop. I'd argue the opposite -- humans learn to become violent. Besides, you say something about "giving you a hollow tube, a shaft of metal, blah blah blah..." -- which begs the question, in this violent society who is going to give you anything? Making a toliet into a bomb? Now how would that be effective? You'd have to get the person you want to kill to come and take a dump in your house? Rolling Eyes
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say more, but was overcome by the urge to take a dump. So I did. Thankfully, no one is trying to kill me (the toliet remained intact).

Anyway, as a scientist, I think it is poor thinking to so broadly label scientists as people that can "tell" you everything. Most scientists are specialized and many do not even study humans. Your argument would be stronger if you suggested the reader to ask a philosopher. Philosophers would be better able to address your hypothesis and, let's face it -- they are philosophers -- they'll have time: it isn't as if that have a job to go to. Finally, you are spewing forth a poor-man's version of Nietzsche's Will to Power. Try reading it before attempting this discussion again. I'm not guarenteeing you a victory, but at least you will sound "smarter". Cool
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
stuff

Laughing

@OOdlez. Do you actually believe all that? Really?

Wow.

@cfos. What's a human? It's some kind of terrestrial fish, isn't it?

Master Chainsaw wrote:

Simon_Says wrote:
Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@OOOODLEZ
I wouldn't say that humans are some kind of "warrior race." In terms of alimentary concerns, humans have been gatherers, scavengers, hunters, farmers., etc. Yes, people can be violent, but we cannot ascribe a single source to violence.

I think the one fact that you overlook is that recognizing the history of humanity does not mean that we can never change or seek to become better. Yes, violence has its place, but so do compassion, cooperation, empathy, and intellect. One might just as easily argue that these things are inherent (and beneficial) to humanity as well.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact of Life: Humans are neither saints nor demons, but each and every one of us is capable of acting like one or the other.

Simple as that. Humans have no inherant bias towards one or the other. Also the problems of veganism is more linked to ignorance and/or stupidity than it is to malice, as gun control is.

Location: Finnland, I think. Not sure... Is that a Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened again...
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ. Did anyone do anything to prevent another shooting after the first?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guns dont kill people, crazy people kill people with guns and sometimes knifes, or garden tools, infact people kill other people with alot of stuff so why just blame guns? hell people could get killed with a even something as simple as their thumb if they knew how
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: