Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Favorite Genre Polls

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of the following is your favorite genre?
Rock
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Metal
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Hardcore (like a cross between metal and punk)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Punk
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Indie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alt. (that can include pop music)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Hip-Hop
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Eclectica (electronic or instrumental bands)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Darkwave (industrial, gothic, digital hardcore)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Experimental (noise, ambient)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Behemothic Leviathonic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Favorite Genre Polls Reply with quote

I just wanna find out what you guys are into. I love 'em all but the sheer variety of Metal (Black, Death, Grind, Doom, the list is endless!) puts it among my favorite style... Twisted Evil

Remember these styles include both mainstream and underground, no matter what subgenres or substyles they are, just whatever your into... Very Happy This is followed by in order of favorites by Experimental, Darkwave, Eclectica and Hardcore.

Alien VS Predator VS Species VS The Thing VS The Polymorph VS The Terminator VS Cthulhu VS Critters VS Tremors VS Nocturnal Hammerheads
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like a lot... Metallica (all-time number one favourite), Slipknot, Rammstein, Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Drowning Pool, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Genesis, King Crimson etc etc etc... and if it's on MTV 2... I'll probly like it Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Behemothic Leviathonic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote Aramor, is there any genres there that you know nothing about?. I'm guessing few of you will of heard of Experimental/Noise music. I like that genre but I have favorites in each style...

Rock: Death From Above 1979, Electric Eel Shock, Kasabian, Reuben, Turbonegro, Winnebago Deal, The Mars Volta, Pelican
Metal: 1349, Anaal Nathrakh, Darkthrone, Finntroll, Rotting Christ, Strapping Young Lad, Limp Bizkit, Dragonforce, Cult Of Luna, Carcass, 3 Inches Of Blood, Hecate Enthroned, Khanate, Mastodon, Susperia
Hardcore: Old Man Gloom, Zao, Converge, Twelve Tribes, Napalm Death
Punk: Lars Frederikson & The Bastards, Millencolin, Sex Positions (not pistols), Sham 69, At The Drive-In, Black Eye Riot, Jack Off Jill
Indie: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cooper Temple Clause, The Dears, Mercury Rev, Pedro The Lion
Alt.: Bloc Party, The Dissociatives, The Futureheads, Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand
Hip-Hop: The Streets, Sage Franchis, Roots Manuva, Dalek
Eclectica: Aphex Twin, Chevron, Primal Scream, The Prodigy, Mono, Portishead,
Darkwave: Alec Empire, Panic DHH, Marilyn Manson, Rico, Skinny Puppy, The Nailbomb Cults
Experimental: Faust, Wolf Eyes, Throbbing Gristle

Alien VS Predator VS Species VS The Thing VS The Polymorph VS The Terminator VS Cthulhu VS Critters VS Tremors VS Nocturnal Hammerheads
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boards of Canada and Bonobo are ambient right? Friend of mine listens to it...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
BlackStarDeceiver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a metalhead through and through, but definitely not concerning any of this nu-metal business. power and death metal are my two favorite subgenres (favorites are helloween and amon amarth, respectively), and i guess my favorite subsubgenre would be melodic death metal (e.g. dark tranquillity).
Behemothic Leviathonic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Boards of Canada and Bonobo are ambient right? Friend of mine listens to it...

I've not heard of Bonobo and i've never listen to anything by Boards Of Canada. If it has any percussion (electronic or otherwise) then they'd probably fit into the Eclectica category better. The sort of Ambient i'm talking about is the soundscape type where there is no percussion, it is deep, harmonic sometimes organic stuff.

BlackStarDeceiver wrote:
i'm a metalhead through and through, but definitely not concerning any of this nu-metal business. power and death metal are my two favorite subgenres (favorites are helloween and amon amarth, respectively), and i guess my favorite subsubgenre would be melodic death metal (e.g. dark tranquillity).

I like Nu-Metal, to be honest its what got me into Metal in the first place. However I love looking for obscure bands so the deeper I dug into the subterranean world of metal I found much heavier and darker stuff. Black Metal is probably my favorite subgenre, though Death and Power are equally awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: