Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Things that must go
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Things that must go Reply with quote

Not sure this has been done here, but a local radio station does something like this every Friday (I think). It is a list of things that are utterly, stupid and need to stop. It could be phrases (e.g. Is today Monday? Yup, ALL DAY!), actions (a guy speeding up so you can't change lanes), etc. Mostly a gripe list. I'll start:

1. Annoying, pretentious quotations that people use beneath their email signatures to make you think that they are philosophical and/or righteous:

"One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."

--Moriehi Ueshiba

Who the fuck cares what some guy/girl? said!?!?! Last time I check, you were still a Bitchy McClustercunt... when did you become so pious and self-actualized?
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic... I would like to see it moved to the General B.S. part though...

Anyway... I can do without jumpstyle... it's been around for too long already.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if it was a General BS or Utter so I figured Utter and let a Mod decide -- Please elaborate -- not familiar with "jumpstyle".
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of our big-time politicians, a real redneck-asshole btw, made a career by repeating consistently for a few years that our then-national bank president must go. it's been a running joke in our public life ever since.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, things that must go... Well there's always the times when your dad says: "In the district it's illegal to carry a gun around in your pants," and you the son says "I've got a gun in my pants (enthusiastically and with pride)." That happens all the time.
Smiley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The culture of the child definitely has to go. I'm so fed up with today's parents being overwhelmingly convinced that their fucking womb fruit are infallible little angels.

At least in the US.

Get your damn kids out of my way! They don't need to have unfettered childhood romps on the goddamned sidewalk when I'm trying to get to work! And tell them to shut the fuck up in the movie theatre! They're not in your living room watching their fucking Dora the Explorer reruns. They're in Transformers and they're ruining the fucking movie!
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, oh, that reminds me.
fuckin. cellphones. in the cinema.
there are always at least a few fuckers who think themselves too cool to swith the bugger off. and then in the middle of the film the damn thing of course goes off. and people fuckin answer it. and they go like "i can't talk right now, i'm at a movie!"
what the fuckin hell.
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THOSE FUCKING EMO'S!!!!!!!!

Married to SpideyGirl.
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Please elaborate -- not familiar with "jumpstyle".

It's a new music thing. You get this music with a strong bass beat and nothing else really and then you make an ass out of yourself by jumping to it. And not just jumping up and down, no you have to put one leg forward, then the other leg backward blahdiblahdiblah... they've got a whole routine and there's different style like french style where you put one leg further forward or something... I don't fucking know.

Anyway, the thing is, I don't mind those jumpers going to jumppartys where they jump the fuck out of themselves, but it is getting annoying when 12 year old kids are jumping on random places... like saturday, there was this 12 year old boy jumping at my work. I was like "Hey, has somebody ever threatened you to stick your head in the fryer?"

Anyway, Sal, there are some people who indeed do not turn off their cellphones in the cinema, except ofcourse the sound, but still have the brains to figure out you shouldn't answer it during a movie. Like me Smile

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
I wasn't sure if it was a General BS or Utter so I figured Utter and let a Mod decide --

Unless Blaster decides otherwise, I'm fine with where it is. I was getting a bit bored with the top 5 threads of General B.S. and this looks like a stayer.

Oh, and as for jumpstyle. It's emberassing. It's like, new cool urban dancestyles are coming out of America and the U.K. all the time and the only thing the Netherlands have had to offer so far have been Gabber and Jumpstyle and both look like folkdancing on speed.

And there's a clear division. It's the provincial native Dutch that are doing the jumpstyle thing. And then it's the ethnically mixed urban kids that are really into capuiera and breakdancing and the like.

I think the supposed superiority of the white race (suspiciously often promoted by those into Gabber and Jumpstyle) is already disproved by that little fact if by nothing else.

Proof?

Here's an example of jumpstyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyAvaLsLFl8

And here's an example of what my homies from Amsterdam East are up to these days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqf491DR9g&mode=related&search=
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jumpstyle" looks like uncomplicated Riverdance. I can't say I'm familiar with it as the others, but Utah is a little slow in picking up trends... like lifting prohibition.

Another thing that must go:

People that engage in conversations once they are at the head of the line. Freakin' happens all the time at the post office. There's a fuckin' line here, people! Nobody cares that you know the person behind the counter. Besides, if you REALLY were friends, you'd talk to each other outside of work!

ANOTHER THAT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN:

People that open the door to your office and walk right in without knocking. What's up with that?!?!?
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who announce their intention to cross a busy road by pushing their child in a buggy out in front of the traffic. I came so close to being a murderer today it's not even funny.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate extremely long commercials. I'm never going to buy half the stuff you're offering so please get back to the show I've waited all week to watch.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
"Jumpstyle" looks like uncomplicated Riverdance.

Riverdance is like infinitely cooler...

Mosquitos can go as far as I'm concerned...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either have to mosquitos eat you, or have the horrible wild animals, that ate the birds and things that ate the mosquitos, eat you instead.

Mankind has effectively removed itself from the natural foodchain. We're not really on the top, just somewhere on the side, taking bits of everything. The moment you take out a link, we get to be replacements.

And let me tell you. Bears are some cunning motherfuckers. One day you go take a dump and WHAM! A stealth grizzly has eaten your buttocks with chocolate coating.

Last edited by Digitaaliklosetti on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao. Sometimes I love you Digit. This is one of those times.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digit owes me yet another keyboard.

Also, Apple commercials need to go. They're inaccurate, insulting, and fucking obnoxious.

And on that note, cut all commercials. Whatever price it would be to have commercial-free television, I'd pay it. I got a TV to watch programs, not adverts.

And if it's really not possible to charge more for advert-free service (unlikely since some minor channels do it), please, for the sake of all that's good and holy, use some IQ points when making your adverts, and don't treat us like stupid cows, even if we are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
You can either have to mosquitos eat you, or have the horrible wild animals, that ate the birds and things that ate the mosquitos, eat you instead.

Mankind has effectively removed itself from the natural foodchain. We're not really on the top, just somewhere on the side, taking bits of everything. The moment you take out a link, we get to be replacements.

And let me tell you. Bears are some cunning motherfuckers. One day you go take a dump and WHAM! A stealth grizzly has eaten your buttocks with chocolate coating.

Bears... I hate bears...

Those sneaky bastards, they always come out of fucking nowhere to filch your picnic baskets or to just claw your face off. They're so smug, they think they can do anything, I hear them laughing at us, laughing at me.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Seratuhl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The daemonic forces of the Telemarketers must go....no...

THEY MUST DIE!!!!

They wake me up at 1 in the morning to ask me if I want to buy Newspapers?

WHAT ART THOU FUCK?!
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a telemarketeer - for one and a half month - and I totally agree.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seratuhl wrote:
WHAT ART THOU FUCK?!

What? "What are you fuck?" That doesn't mean anything. Razz

Adding on the the commercials thing, the ones specifically dealing with maxi-pads and making "fun" ads with them (like having one as a roller coaster and telling you to have a happy period) really just need to go away. It's not fun and chances are very slim that I will have a happy period.
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ipsa wrote:
Seratuhl wrote:
WHAT ART THOU FUCK?!

What? "What are you fuck?" That doesn't mean anything. Razz

Hmm, I've been wondering about that one as well. It does make some sense if you take it like this:

"What art thou, fuck?"

But only if you accept "fuck" as a noun (like it seems to be in the expression "for fuck's sake" which was quite common in the second part of the nineties in the UK) and then agree that that noun can be applied to a person (as in the - as far as I know - hypothetical "oh, he's a total fuck"), possibly meaning something roughly similar to "cunt" in expressions like "(s)he's such a cunt!"

Strangely enough, though, the line "what art thou fuck?" would then be a question that answers itself: "What art thou? A fuck!" OR it would be a statement that includes a demand for further information: "Thou art a fuck! What art thou apart from that?"

Alternatively, he might have meant: "What, art thou fucked?" which I then imagine to be an expression of slight suprise at the fact that even telemarketeers get laid.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, he might have meant to put the question mark earlier in the statement, leading to:

WHAT ART? THOU FUCK!

PossiblY making some statement about telemarketing in a modern artistic context, and using fuck as a noun as described above by Munan.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
People who announce their intention to cross a busy road by pushing their child in a buggy out in front of the traffic.

So you have chavs in Ireland too, then?

And joining the WHAT ART debate, maybe it's supposed to represent his confusion and then anger at being woken by telemarketers: "What art?... Thou Fuck!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: