Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
What if the predators came to earth, NOW!!
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would the predators still hunt on earth now
yes
93%
 93%  [ 15 ]
no
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Mr. Z

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: What if the predators came to earth, NOW!! Reply with quote

As described in all the films/comics, the predators were once worshipped as gods by thick aztecs.

I began to wonder last night if predators (If they exist) came to earth now, finding big civilizations and sky-rise cities plonked on top of there hunting ground. Huh?
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...have you seen the original two Predator movies, by any chance?

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Or read Concrete Jungle?

Still internet married to Tripper.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, don't tell me you haven't even seen Predator 2...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of fan hasn't seen the movies? I am seriousely saddened by this realization. God, I hope that doesn't make me a total geek. I mean, I've seen the movies, read a couple of the books, and deep-searched for websites containing pertenint (sp?) information. I must be sick.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're sick, then I'm sick too.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nother sicko here.

Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd(or she'd. whatever) get into show business and start doing his own talk show, just to have a poke at you people, generalizing his very species by just a few movies. It's not like ALL the Predators, despite their nickname, are relentless hunters with funky gadgets, right?

...right?

That's what I would do, anyway.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
It's not like ALL the Predators, despite their nickname, are relentless hunters with funky gadgets, right?

Well, according to the comics and novels and crap they are, but you know what? When I first saw "Predator" all those years ago, I imagined that he was just out on a nice hunting trip, relaxing after a hard week at the office (or whatever), and that the shoulder canon was just his version of the double-barrelled shotgun, the ship is just his SUV, and after he's finished he'll go back to his wife and 2.5 kids and do regular work like everybody else. I mean, what if the Yautja are just so advanced and civilized and streamlined and efficient that they have all this built up primal hostility that they have to release somehow, and so hunting trips are just one way of doing that?

It's called a "brain bug", I believe. It's happened to numerous Star Trek aliens, where one facet of their personalities become the entire race's main goal. I like the Yautja the way they are, but somehow I think it would be more interesting if they had more to them than just huntin' and killin'.

Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:

It's called a "brain bug", I believe. It's happened to numerous Star Trek aliens, where one facet of their personalities become the entire race's main goal. I like the Yautja the way they are, but somehow I think it would be more interesting if they had more to them than just huntin' and killin'.

Yeah, it always pissed me off when they did shit like that. They oversimplify and make the other races so one-sided. In the end, they all just seem to represent different aspects of the human psyche, and all the stories have some greater message blah blah FUCKING blah!
Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, not that I'm against symbolism and abstraction in general, but then it all becomes too allegorical and totally unrealistic.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
It's not like ALL the Predators, despite their nickname, are relentless hunters with funky gadgets, right?

I like the Yautja the way they are, but somehow I think it would be more interesting if they had more to them than just huntin' and killin'.

I'm still pretty convinced that it's just a silly generalization, created by the entertainment industry. Sure, they never cook, sleep, or tell blonde jokes on the movies or comics, but that's just because it wouldn't sell. Hell, I'd be willing to bet, that the Yaytja entertainment industry(Preddywood?) does pretty much the same on our lovely little humankind. What is it that we do in their movies? Hell, if I know. Propably something really annoying and offensive, provoking the general preddy populace to occasionally come swoop down here and kill stuff.

It's the media, I'm telling you! It's always the media!
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,PREDATORS look like intelligente creatures (if they have all that tehnollogy) perharps they'll try to comunicate with us before start the attack! Rolling Eyes
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti wrote:

Well, according to the comics and novels and crap they are, but you know what? When I first saw "Predator" all those years ago, I imagined that he was just out on a nice hunting trip, relaxing after a hard week at the office (or whatever), and that the shoulder canon was just his version of the double-barrelled shotgun, the ship is just his SUV, and after he's finished he'll go back to his wife and 2.5 kids and do regular work like everybody else. I mean, what if the Yautja are just so advanced and civilized and streamlined and efficient that they have all this built up primal hostility that they have to release somehow, and so hunting trips are just one way of doing that?

do u really think that if the PREDATOR would have a familly life (with wife and kids) he would go to a god damn jungle to kill a primitive creatures like those soldiers and after dutch manage yo hurt him he suicide himself????/ Mr. Green guys that PREDATOR is more psyco than all those aliens
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amyltrer wrote:
do u really think that if the PREDATOR would have a familly life (with wife and kids) he would go to a god damn jungle to kill a primitive creatures like those soldiers and after dutch manage yo hurt him he suicide himself????/ Mr. Green guys that PREDATOR is more psyco than all those aliens

Well, do you really think a civilized human being would really go out into the forest with a loaded gun and a blind, and shoot unsuspecting defenseless deer? Leaving them to bleed on the ground, to be retrieved in the jaws of their dog, dragged through the brush while the now-motherless fawn watches in horror from its hiding place? And then take it home and skin it and behead it and display it on a wall?

Granted, human hunters don't normaly commit suicide, but human soldiers do, when they realize they are about to be captured. I'm just bringing up a possiblity here, maybe there's more to the Preds than we thought?

Mr. Z

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer everyone's Q's, i'm TALKING ABOUT NOW. 2005, not 1990 or 1987. Now, with DVD's and super weapons and terrorists at their highest.

Has anyone got Predator concrete jungle, 'cause i need cheats for it, NOW!!
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy-kid wrote:
To answer everyone's Q's, i'm TALKING ABOUT NOW. 2005, not 1990 or 1987. Now, with DVD's and super weapons and terrorists at their highest.

Has anyone got Predator concrete jungle, 'cause i need cheats for it, NOW!!

They would just have more fun.

*cough* internet *cough* google *cough* gamewinners.com *cough* try to play the game without cheats *uncough*

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always weirds me out a little when people begin to talk about fictional creatures as if they really exist. Sometimes it's a subtle point, someone begins to discuss how they "are" and what they "do,' rather than how they "would be" and what they "would do." And I don't believe that lack of linguistic proficiency is always to blame.
Please, don't make me start a poll asking how many people belive that the preds are real. Sad
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always weirds me out a little when people begin to talk about fictional creatures as if they really exist. Sometimes it's a subtle point; someone begins to discuss how they "are" and what they "do,' rather than how they "would be" and what they "would do." And I don't believe that lack of linguistic proficiency is always to blame.
Please, don't make me start a poll asking how many people belive that the preds are real. Sad
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Double the fun! Confused
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, the preds are real! They're as real as my pet chimera that nobody else can see!

I think you can delete double posts, can't you?

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit, but I don't know if you can delete.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, maybe it's just in certain forums. I've deleted double posts on this board before, but I guess you can't do it in all the forums.

Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get a double post i just edit it so it says something like: Oh no, the dreaded double post has attacked yet once more...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a qs about the topic: Predators coming here for a hunt or comming here to conquer or have a big "aniversary"
Cuz for a hunt we won't really notice it, but if they came to conquer then hell we should mutilate our skulls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: