Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Aliens: Built to be a bio-engineered weapon?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Grievous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RA Salvatore created the YV and Chewie's death. Dumbass. He says that the Vong use the Dovin Basals to latch on to a planet's gravity pull, EXTEND the planet's gravity well to the Dovin Basal, and the DV will be pulled 2 d planet by the extended gravity well. The YV attach the DV's 2 ship hulls 2 make the ship go where the DV goes. The Dovin Basals are also capable of creating their own force fields. They do this by creating a sphere of high gravity to root people's fett to the ground. The DV's once pulled a Prominence from a sun 2 a nearby ship that was nearing maturity. Yes, the Vong grow their ships and weapons. The amazing thing is that they take mere hours, the larger ones days, to mature! The ship's brain is the control panel. Touch a nerve, and the ship reacts accordingly. A prominence is a gas explosion, and the DV's strethed it 500 billion km to the ship, as Hydrogen fuel. Btw, the Empire's scanning of the leftover debris from the moon destroyed planet said that the DS did a finer job, creating finer pieces....
Here's a coralskipper, the Yv's main one man fighter.
http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/vehicles/sm-coralskipper1.jpg

It's made of living coral, with the DV's generating black holes a shields to absorb incoming laser fire. Projectile weapons can be missed by the DV's somehow.
Just to let you know how much damage the Vong did with their living armies, the official death toll after the Yuuzhan Vong war was 365 billion in the SW universe. Fifty planets had been destroyed. Either by biological warfare or military bombardment, the YV rendered fifty worlds uninhabitable. The worlds include:
Corellia: Solo's homeworld
Ithor: Jungle paradise
Sernpidal: Chewie's deathplace
Duro: Overpolluted shipyard planet
Coruscant: The city world in SW Ep 2: AOTC
Yag'Dhul: The best shipyards in the galaxy
Fondor: The Star Destroyers were armed and launched here.
Kuat: The Empire's main shipyards.
Belkadan: Genetic laboratry world
Nal Hutta: Jabba The Hutt's homeworld
Ando: The galaxies gangster central
Yavin 4: Luke Skywalker's Jedi Training Academy
Barab One: Planet of eternal bloodshed. Sadistic locals.
Rodia: Bounty hunter's haven
Obroa Skai: The best libraries around
Ord Mantell: Lawless gambler's world
Falleen: Very organised world. Arrogant locals.
Tynna: Ocean world with aquatic birds as natives
N'Zoth: The YV destroyed this world, the most heavily armed in the galaxy. The N'Zoth/ Yevetha fleet was equal to two Death Dtars in firepower.
Galantos: Planet blessed with unlimited natural resources.
Myrkr: The only planet with Force capable animals
Bastion: The Empire's HQ after the Emperor's death.
Muunilist: Galaxy banking central
Gand: Gas giant with sentient insects as locals
Vortex: Hurricane whipped world. Home to the Vors.
Rybet: The galaxies swamp center.
Kashyyyk: Chewie's homeworld.
Caluula: The most beatiful plants are here
Thyferra: Where bacta comes from.

If u wan 2 c any more worlds jz ask.

Click my sig!
nicholas kang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripley was there 4 57 yrs and 1 of the other teories is dat the space jockeys found the xenos as the ultimate kilin machin and transported em from planet 2 planet 2 kill their enemies then 1 of the ship crashed because of a asteroid and when 1 of de jockeys checked on the aliens (coz there waz a stsis coating) he got facehugged then the drone that spawned from him drag the other crew to de eggs to get facehugging and de pilot was sendin a SOS (dat waz de jockey the nostromos crew found) he got killed then alien starts (DD part of it was extracted from daves teory if u hav read it but only part of it) but dats only 1 of de teories u can believe any teory u fell like believing anyway itz ur choice.
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrr
Ok, I am completely pissing away my physics BA at this point in my life, and I may not be too well versed on the more hypothetical aspects of the science, but the high school stuff I can do in my sleep.

Yes, you are correct, acceleration has dimensions of distance per time-squared, most often quoted in terms of m/s^2 in the MKS system. And yes, an object which is near enough to the surface of the earth will accelerate toward the center of the earth at a rate of about 9.8 m/s^s or one g. You see, 1g = 9.8 m/s^s, 2g = 19.6 m/s^s. etc., but we are still talking about acceleration here. The term "g-force" (which gets thrown around WAY too much) is really a misnomer because force has dimensions of mass times distance per time-square. In the MKS system, we use kgm/s^s (Newtons) for this, whereas in the British system, the pound (yuck) is used. Anyway, I think I may be rambling a bit here.

Oh, I also wanted to say that the constant, g, is merely a zero-th order approximation to the proper formula, and, as such, is not valid for large distances (such as objects in orbit) and makes less sense for massive objects (like huge space ships and other planets). We would have to rely on the general equation F = Gm1m2/r^2 in these cases.

Last edited by Blaster on Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good point about other bodies bending the path of light, btw. You are right: any object with sufficient density should be able to do that. And I know that having momentum can cause effects similar to that of gravity.
Lylmik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: What's in the fridge? Reply with quote

The thing i always wondered about...
What the hell do the xenomorphs use for growth?
I mean, facehugger does come from an egg (there's gottabe a yolk inthere goddammitt!!!!), so it can survive, but to get pissy little xeno to grow to 7-feet height, you gotta have the "building material" to grow?!

Unless they are really enlightened and are breatherians (or whatever those freaks call themselves)? But with ability to shred to pieces a predator, climb walls, withstand intense temperatures(Alien 3/molten lead, frozen for centuries(AVP), armour penetration abilities(both with acid(as seen(partially in Alien 4)in AVP, and Aliens(armoured vehicle windscreen)), i DON'T BLOODY THINK SO!!!!

And the whole bioweapon issue... I definitely lean towards YAY, it did look like a massive genocide/invasion ship in first Alien, but must have been a "local" war since the pilot set off a warning beacon for other ships to stay away.

My 2c, you may start bashing....... NOW!!!
Gloom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game AVP2 made a bit more sense with the Xenomorph lifespan- Adults that lived for long enough(from decades to centuries) molted to become praetorians. This makes sense, since Xeno eggs can last for extended periods of time(no one knows when did the derlict starship crash), and Xenomorph social structure suggests that drones have more than one purpose(Like with insects).
What goes against the fact that Xenomorphs evolved on their own is their lack of any light sensing organs, and their total dependancy on other lifeforms to sustain their species and evolve(Seeing as how each Chestburster gains many of its hosts' traits through "sampling" the host's DNA and using it to better adapt to its enviroment).

On an unrelated subjact- Do you think that you could use Britney's tits to make a facehugger?
Weasel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Nature is perfection when left to her own devices. I have no doubt that correct circumstances could produce the perfect organism. If there were such a savage environment that such a thing as the xenos could come out of it, don't you think the rest of the universe is pretty much their playground?

There's no such thing as the perfect organism. There's probably another organism out there evolved specifically to hunt and prey on the aliens. My theory is that the aliens are adapted to specialize in human hunting, they probably had contact with man-like apes on their home planet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Thread Starter here*

Blaster: Okay i give up... the books I have must be fucked up or somthing, and you're right... I think we can stop nitpicking now.

Lylmik: I was asking that same question. But then I was talking about bio-machanoids.

If the xenomorph is fully organic, the egg yolk may help alot in the chestbursters developement. You may have heard of seal pups being able to grow many times their size within days simply off the mothers milk.
Okay, apply an extremely nutritious and energy-rich yolk to the egg, which will pass on to the face hugger and then to the embryo. The embryo can use this yolk for initial development, then they start feeding off the host internally. After bursting, the burster can feed off dead hosts or find alternate food sources.
Prioritize physiological developement and you may get the skeletal, large, and fast xenomorph. However to mature at such a quick pace would still suggest artifical tampering.

You may not need as many resources to construct a xenmorph than you would a human.

Gloom: Seems we have some strange contradictions. The xeno in Alien was dieing by the end (supposedly), while AvP aliens last decades. However, if we theorize that the xeno in Alien was in fact mutating into queen form (and not dieing), then we have a plausible conclusion.

The notion that the chestbursters sample DNA from the host seems a little far-fetched for me. However, if the chestburster could isolate a set of variables of the hosts physiology, the xeno could potentially be able to replicate some of the adaptations the host uses, therefore being able to sustain itself in alien environments (by alien I meant unknown.) DNA is the best way of identifying an organisms capabilties and anatomy in a lab but it is quite difficult when the xeno is designed to infest more than just humans. Hosts may not even have DNA but instead use a different molecule or format of encoding genetic information.

Therefore a xeno infesting a human may isolate some variabes that identify us as bipedal, terrestrial, oxygen breathing, etc. The chestburster would mutate to accomodate to the most likely environment the host's species would be found in. Therefore a xeno infesting a human would become adapted to Earth-like atmospheres, earth like gravity, and so on.

The same principles are used to describe what happens when a non-human host is infected. If a dog, like the one in alien 3, was infested, the xeno would acomodate to copy the dog's adaptations. There must have been some reason the dogs ran on all fours no? Therefore the xeno would run on all fours, all the time.

The xeno would imitate the host it infests, and would beocme a more efficient killer. The xeno, in a sense, would actually be in its own element of sorts. Another notion for the bio-engineered theory.

Weasle: You're right, there's no such thing as a perfect organism. The perfect organism would be invulnerable, invincible, immortal, and omni-potent. The only things keeping from perfect organisms spawning are sanity, reality, and the laws of physics. However, dependancy on other organisms is natural. There is no organism on Earth that does not exist without some relation to another organism in which it's depandant for survival. But the scope the xenos take would seem detrimental to a natural species.

If the xenos were nautral, it would only seem obvious that there was a natural predator designed in hunting xenos.

If the xenos were bio-engineered, the creators should have been smart enough to stick in a safety swwitch, somthing that otherwise cannot be turned off by the xeno, would be too obscure for enemies to realize, but readily available for allies to utilize.
Lylmik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE:Guest

If the xenomorph is fully organic, the egg yolk may help alot in the chestbursters developement. You may have heard of seal pups being able to grow many times their size within days simply off the mothers milk.
Okay, apply an extremely nutritious and energy-rich yolk to the egg, which will pass on to the face hugger and then to the embryo. The embryo can use this yolk for initial development, then they start feeding off the host internally. After bursting, the burster can feed off dead hosts or find alternate food sources.
Prioritize physiological developement and you may get the skeletal, large, and fast xenomorph. However to mature at such a quick pace would still suggest artifical tampering.

You may not need as many resources to construct a xenmorph than you would a human.

Do agree on seals and stuff, but then again, never saw a queen with nice big pair(s) of boobs hanging about! Damn.
Burster can feed off the remains, but never saw any of them sticking around the deap people, they just make like a tree and fuck off really quick, internal feeding is fine, but you just cant store 100X size increase material in such a small thing. You would save heaps of mineral compound on the aliens' lack of bone, but would still need it for an armour. I don't know, the only time i saw an alien being close to human doing something weird was in the 3rd one, when he whacked a guy in the corridor, but it looked to me like a little case of necrophilia, i'll be damned if it didn't look like a from-rear-humping!
One thing i know, never i watch any of them without utter enjoyment!!!!
Love it all, even if it runs a itsybitsy thin, rarely!!!!!
Unlike great Mission Impossible, where T. Cruise does a front-wheel mono, with one hand on gravel road (sheer G's would snap the arm, let alone carrying 200kg(600pounds)of bike + 70kg of himself) and still manages to nail the guy with the gun in the other hand!
IF YOU BULLCRAP, AT LEAST MAKE IT BELIEVABLE JOHN WOO!!!!
Could have been a bit askew, could stomach the crap only once, else would have to gouge my eyes out after second view!!!
Ganador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: moof ":}~ Reply with quote

wow, i read a few posts on this thread and found some pretty odd ideas O.o

has anyone here read the official darkhorse/giger hard covers? or is everyone just going on movies?

someone said there was a scene in one of the movies that was cut off, helping explain that the aliens have a short life span. uh, no. never was. not only do i have the quadrilogy, but i also have reel copys from pre-editing, and ive never seen such a scene, not trying to attack anyone, jhust confused as heck and trying to go through everything in my memory.

and wayland yutani, even long long before inventing giant upside down air conditioners in space, (nostromo), was interested in biological science, just not with military contracts. it was only after cheung seung and ono yutani had purhcased shares of the company (after wayland was dead and the company was vultured) that they signed up with colonial admins and temp trade retards Razz

face huggers not being able to survive without aliens? evolution eliminating them? the aliens being a biologically altered species, made by another alien race?

crikey.. people have some crazy ideas, i love creativity Very Happy
so many people coulod write greaty stuff, and never get to show the world their ideas O.o

the problem here is, everyones comparing the alien species by our earths evolutionary path. which is completely wrong, cant try to squeaze other planetary beings into our narrow concepts or male, female, black, white.

"face huggers" are a just as much a part of the xenos life process, as puberty is for us, or the cacoon stage is for a butterfly.

and aging? yes they grow fast, it can take hours or days. if it is a queen it usually takes longer, why? because the one thing this species has difficulty accelerating the growth process of, is reproductive organs.

and yes, this species evolved naturaly, on a planet that was extremely harsh, and they even had natural predators (no not THAT kind of predator 9.9). just as their acidic blood may be horrendously dangerous in our world but naturally evens out on theirs, an animals natural defense in a strange foreign jungle may give it a DEVASTATING advantage, as oposed to evening out in its natural habitat.

this species was taken from its home planet, not the whole species just a few Razz, and studied, herded, refined. just as we do with our animals.

later they get out of control and the species that discovered them, takes it upon themselves to dump what remains of them farrr farrr FARRRRRR away on the planet they came from. why not just exterminate them? because the 10 foot elephant people with plus symbols for eyes, beleive in preservation. DUMB EXCUSE.. i say just burn the byasterds demmit.

but hey, then we wouldnt have a storyline. so anyhow, on the way to this extremely far away world where the xenos came from, (far for these guys, but right next door to what would soon be our world), things go wrong, as usual, yadda yadda yadda, giant horse shoe shaped ship which some people lovingly call "bone ship" merely because part of it was cacooned on the walls by our slick black and purple friends, crashed on LV-426, which is just one of the moons of the planet known as Acheron.

anyhow my point is yes, they evolved on their own they werent a bio made weapon Razz
the same could be said about bullfrogs when they are placed in a habitat unatural to them, and they "take over" Wink

such is the result of any species with 560hp and 400mp, and placed into a habitat where everyone has 30hp and 12mp Razz

(just tryin to translate for the kingsfield lovers/dnd guys Wink )

crimeny, did i type all that?? O.o

anyhow, my names gan, nice to meet everyone, im very happy to find theres still people talking about this stuff. you guys are awsome! Smile
Drone Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take what Giger put in his early work, and combine it with the Anchorpoint Essays, you'll have the answer to the questions posed in this thread. The aliens were indeed used as bio-engineered weapons by the "Pilot" species discovered in the Derelict in Alien (I love you Ridley Scott). However, whether or not the Pilots did the engineering of the species is never explicitly answered. It is however implied, in that not only do their ships resemble the biomechanoid structure of the xenos, but their body structures do as well. It's just like we humans who create in our own image. Look at the humanoids that the Honda company has been creating for years; their robots can interact, speak, and walk now...just like us. So, if the Pilots were advanced enough to macro-bio-engineer, would they not create in their own image? Something to think about anyway. And keep in mind... this is all based upon my own experiences of Giger, etc. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

By the way... here are the Anchorpoint Essays ===> http://www.anchorpointessays.com/about.html

Cheers,
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lylmik wrote:
"face huggers" are a just as much a part of the xenos life process, as puberty is for us, or the cacoon stage is for a butterfly.

They are, but they are not the same lifeform. The facehugger does not transform in the embryo. So, aliens don't come out of eggs.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Rook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: moof! ":}~ Reply with quote

pilot using the aliens as a bio weapon? mate, it was a corpse, the corpse of a guy who was trying to complete a mission.
he was impregnated and killed, though who knows how, obviously an accident somewhere from the blue "upsaide down lazer" whose purpose is to make the eggs feel as though they are upside down.

(all eggs have tentacles at the bottom that when touched or felt up, causes the eggs to open, like a spiders web calling the spider to a struggling fly, drones carry the eggs away from the queen UPside DOwN and then place them right side up in front of hosts, who later truggle and cause the egg to open from movement)

as for the ship, the outside did not resemble the aliens, only part of the inside. the parts that were cocoooned over anyway. the rest was more borg-like than anything else. as for the holes outside the ship, they were "xeno made".

the corpse resembled the aliens because it was bones, when the guys are living they have skin that looks kinda like a dolphins, and eyes that look like odd plus symbols.. kinda like a sheep i suppose? or a squid? O.o

anyhow, im kinda anti "flights of fancy drawing conclusions and making up fanfiction and attempting to make it actual part of the official story" :P

"what if this and what if that and what if this and lets not forget that too.... ohhhh dude that is so deep" X.x

anyhow i mean no offense :P

as for the facehugger thing? once again, your trying to squeeze a creature completely outside our evolutionary path, into a narrow concept of black and white, male and female.
just as kangaroos having a pouch may seem COMPLETELY odd to the "elephant men", having two mouths can seem COMPLETELY odd to us.

the facehugger carrys SEVERAL embrios, and more than one are implanted in a single host, however only one actually survives the process while tyhe facehugger is desparately trying to keep the host alive, and implant.

because of this, a facehugger is even capable of impregnating more than one host, it is a VERY rarely possible idea, considering their lifespan. but still applicable.

anyhow, facehugger carrys embrio, and delivers it to a host. a mobile queen is capable of implanting herself with some sort of biological contraption, like a wasp impregnating a ladybug or spider, but for mobility, she must trade the ability to make THOUSANDS as a time.
in order to do that, she must stay put. like a bee, or an ant. so some other way must be found to impregnate hosts for all these embrios.

voila
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: moof ":}~ Reply with quote

*Thread Starter, really*

Ganador wrote:

and yes, this species evolved naturaly, on a planet that was extremely harsh, and they even had natural predators (no not THAT kind of predator 9.9). just as their acidic blood may be horrendously dangerous in our world but naturally evens out on theirs, an animals natural defense in a strange foreign jungle may give it a DEVASTATING advantage, as oposed to evening out in its natural habitat.

this species was taken from its home planet, not the whole species just a few Razz, and studied, herded, refined. just as we do with our animals.

Yup that's all folks. The xenomorphs are bio-engineered sons of a bitches.

Bio-engineering simply states the modification of an organism or species for a pre-designated purpose. Breeding is bio-engineering just as gentic modfication is. So your dog is bio-engineered, at least its ancestors were probably.

However, I still beleive the jockies tampered with the xenomorph DNA. Does the book state explicitly what the elephant men did on the xenomorphs?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: moof ":} Reply with quote

i had assumed this forums meant bio-engineered as in "test tube invented animal". yopu know what i mean, so dont get technical ;)

and they did nothing to alter the species physically. simply kept them for the purpose of material. medicines, vaccines. no different from the plans that were had in alien ressurection.

lol i remember an old example from a comic called "alien genocide".
where people used a "pop-eye" drug called xeno zip. made from queens jelly. ew >.o

-rook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganador wrote:
the problem here is, everyones comparing the alien species by our earths evolutionary path. which is completely wrong, cant try to squeaze other planetary beings into our narrow concepts or male, female, black, white.

This comment puzzles me. Evolution implies gradual change in a species due to favorable adaptations to the environment. It requires only that a species be able to change genetically from one generation to the next. It does NOT require a sexual dichotomy. We are not misguided in attempting to apply the laws of natural selection to a fictional species from another planet, though it does make us extremely nerdy. Wink

Drone Daddy wrote:
So, if the Pilots were advanced enough to macro-bio-engineer, would they not create in their own image?

Do you really think that they would attempt to make beasts (which would ostensibly be used for warfare) in their own image? Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Ok, I am obviously just nit-picking because I don't remember so well what I was arguing previously in this thread. And I'm tired as a mofo. So stop reading my damn post and let me get to sleep already!
KittyKat

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioweapon

I think the Alien organism is bio engineered, maybe having started off as a predatory animal that was altered in labs for the perfect planetary fire and forget 'seige' weapon.

Defence mechanisms:
Acid for blood? Yes, but that concentration? No - defence mechanisms are designed to progressivly teach any prey not to eat the species - eg, poisonus frogs we have on earth have their skin coated in an excreted poison, when bitten this poison will taste foul and make the predator sick - the frog may die but the predators will learn to avoid eating them again and teach its further generations the same. But with this kind of acid, anything that 'eats' an alien will be disolved to fuck, so thouhg the predator goes down with the alien, the predators brothers and sisters will not have learnt the lesson. And tell Bishop that ALL acid is molecular, it pisses us chemists off.

Life cycle and growth:
Alien life cycle: Possible, there are many earth based species that use a host to reproduce, from viruses to wasps that stun small animals with its sting and lay its eggs inside of the creature they bury the host and the eggs will be incubated in the warmth and will eat the flesh of the animal for nutrition.

Now the Alien lifecycle is to fast - But we can just chose to ignore what we were taught in school and say 'an advanced alien species speeded up their metabolism greatly' - the face hugger should infact fly or be alot smaller, as it is a metabolicaly expensive thing to produce with poor chances of providing offspring - animals either have an energy intemsive but highly sucessful reproduction cycle (look at humans) or just 'dump; their genetic material expending little in resources and hoping for the best (frogs - tadpoles etc)

The eon-proof eggs that are sensitive to their surroundings are a nice touch, kinda like sea monkey egss - they'll dry up and go into stasis until the detect moisure. Unlike alien eggs however, some sea monkey eggs are coded NOT to awake until they have been exposed a cirtain amount of times, if there was a flashflood and all the sea monkey eggs hatched, why they'd all die - because the alien eggs all jump out of stasis when a lifeform is near they are going to look very silly when that life form dies in an attempt to remove it and there are 1000 face huggers on a desolate ship knowing they will die in a few hours and that there is no huggers still in stasis for next time....

When an alien actualy does get implanted the victim goes into a coma or passes out for a short while. With conflicting times of spans from different films it is hard to judge what the 'reality' is - but idealy the hpst would be captured and trapped like in Aliens, because bursting out amongst a population of creatures who *didn't* have so many ducts and ventilation shafts would get the chest buster killed fast. I don't get why it just uses the heat from the host - If I were a hungry alien who had a really fast metabolism, I would eat and eat and eat. Maybe it absorbs food from the host, but ***the face hugger is very dependant on species who have their airway and food way intersect*** did anyone notice that? What about random species X who absorb food through the skin and the multiple airways go no where big enough to host a hugger without asfixiating (sorry spelling) itself. Undeniable co-insidence, they must have been engineered for such a species.

I can't remember the film, I think Alien 4 - We are told the creatures use polymerised silicon for its skin, polymerised from what!! On a starship do you think it snook into the officers mess and feasted on wineglasses?

As for the growing many times it size, I think its possible if alot of it was hollow, it would have to be small for escaping its host (1 alien per host is alot of hard work by the way), but through malting a creature can grow many times its size, if only the time frame accomodated this.

Giger just feeds of mans primal fear of being consumed by another creature - birthing one is even worse that being eaten... hence face huggers and the rest....

My thoughts:
A bunch of film guys and concept dudes put their heads together and came up with a creature that is tailored for bi-pedal mamals with air ways that intersect their airways - ie, humanoids! Giger is incredible but anyone with a background in biochemistry, evolution and dog walking will know the chances of this evolving on real life are nil. As a bio weapon that terrorises and uses the targets numbers against itself, it is incredible, Im sure when the race surrenders/dies whatever the alien's masters (except pilot, because he was stupid and tried to snog alien wing-wong) have measures of putting aliens down with no risk to them selves, another creature mayhaps, that eats aliens for breakfast? (Look up biological control agents used for horiculture - its not so different)..

I apologize for my badly spelt rant/lesson, I am in need of much sleep.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given their amazing adaptability is highly probable that alien species has evolved on a planet with cold climate , acidic athmosphere, and very few species, so very few food.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KittyKat wrote:
because the alien eggs all jump out of stasis when a lifeform is near they are going to look very silly when that life form dies in an attempt to remove it and there are 1000 face huggers on a desolate ship knowing they will die in a few hours and that there is no huggers still in stasis for next time....

In the 1st movie only one egg opened. In the second movie, I don't really think any egg opened. Maybe in the last seen when Ripley went for Newt, but I can't really remember. In the third movie, all eggs opened... and the Huggers from them all implanted an embryo succesfully.
So actually this only happened in the 4th and 5th (AvP) movie. Just thought I'd mention it. Wink

But nice rant.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah! weren't the Aliens bio-engineered from that strange species that made that ship in Alien? You know the species that was looking through that telescope.

I think there a comic book made about that....here it is:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=98-121

I haven't personally read the 4 part series, but I hear it's good. They're called space jockeys right?

(what I assume to be one of the space jockeys in the background of the cover: http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=98-116)
Tichin'agen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no aliens were discovered by the space jockeys, aliens evolved like we did, a cold planet would need hot blood to survive, aka acid, durable skin would be needed for the harse conditions, the shape? Well why are we shaped the way we are? There are the answers, but the space jockeys found the aliens, wanted to study them, pilot was infected, ship went down on the legendary planet, LV-426
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tichin'agen wrote:
a cold planet would need hot blood to survive, aka acid,

NITPICK PATROL:

acidic ≠hot

That is all.
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blaster, why don't you pump some acid in your bloodveins, see how not hot it is Razz

I always wondered when my dad told me that they have acid for blood if they wouldn't burn up from inside...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
An acid is a sustance which produces H+ ions in solution. The pH of a substance gives no information about its temperature.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid corrodes, it doesn't burn. Alcahol burns. There is so much stuff to nitpick on right now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: