Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Geograpy? Who the F%$@ Cares?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to see the movie to understand. But I'll try my best to explain with the following spoiler.

Spoiler:
When Delta Tau Chi (the frat house the movie centers around) finally gets the boot after extremely low (like sub-F) marks, the group decides to have a Toga party (supported mostly by Bluto, the guy chanting Toga Toga Toga), since they'll be busted whatever they do.

So there's the party, one guy sleeps with the Dean's wife, another guy almost sleeps with a 13 year-old. Some booze, sex, booze, more sex, and the song "Shout" later, the entire house is expelled from college ("Seven years of college down the drain" as bluto puts it), and they feel really down. So Bluto finally gets the balls/insanity to stand up and make a big speech when D-Day (a very Digitaaliklosetti-esque guy) says "War's over man, Wormer (the dean) dropped the big one."

How does the speech start? "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Ergo, they make a deathmobile, made out of Flounders' Brother's trashed car, and the head from the statue of Faber, the guy who first founded the college, and go out to ruin the annual homecoming parade. This is when the famous "Ramming speed" is first screamed by D-Day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, isn't the famous "Ramming Speed!" from Animal House actually a joking reference to "Ben Hur"? As in, when ol' Ben is a slave on a galley and the taskmaster shouts "Ramming speed!" while the drummer starts drumming faster in the midst of a naval battle?
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: