Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The war in Iran
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by me)

Last edited by Tinkerjeep on Sat May 13, 2006 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Munan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, can we agree to disagree? Because there is no way in hell this discussion will take us anywhere. I strongly disagree with your analysis, I'm of the opinion some of your facts are incorrect, but most of all:

Our viewpoints are so completely, fundamentally different, on all levels, that it's just no use (well, not for me, at least, having been here all too often).

Different as in, I don't think an atheist progressive left wing relativist secular Muslim/Christian (my parents are of different religions) like me has any chance of saying something that would not sound ridiculous or immoral to you...

But thank you for taking your time to explain your point of view. I learned from it.

*Takes a bow*
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No let's all grab a towel and wipe out the human race!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerjeep, I suggest you start using the quote function. It isn't that hard.
Code:
[quote="The Person's Name (Including Quotations)"] The quote itself. [/quote]
Helps break up your quotes and responces.

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Simon...I restated those beliefs, which are basically summed up in several statements by Nietzche and Karl Marx and follow the tenants of humanism which has interesting links to "survival of the fittest", Darwin, etc. Apparently that has become a non-issue in this discussion, So I'll drop it.
Okay then. It's jsut you never noted expicitly that that statement was thiers, not yours.

Tinkerjeep wrote:
RE: "=" versus "=|="...uh, what? I'm saying one equals the other. Blaster said one doesn't equal the other...you quoted me but got his symbol in the quote somehow...I rechecked my response to him because you got me thinking "Did I...????" I did put "=" in my response to him.
Clarfication: I confused your post for a quote rather than a statement, and thus I tried to correct it. Hard to understand, maybe, but I can be that way.

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Okay, here's the thing...I'm trying to have a conversation/debate with up to, what 5 people here, each with a different bit of info which I am responding to. If you start double teaming me, my posts are going to get really long...longer than they are allready and alot of people will fall asleep and have keyboard imprints on their foreheads...so If I'm engaged in an argument with someone and you feel you must jump in...PM me or something in an effort to keep things clear in my head and on the board.

How about no. Anyway it's not as if ethier of us is exactly making short comments anyway.

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Foreigners can crab about us all they want, but they don't need to crab about our leaders on our own ""soil"...and this forum classifies as US soil as I see it...it is hosted by an American in America. This is called being a good guest - the guest don't piss and moan about the host when they are on the host's "property", partaking of his service. Get the idea? I't'd be like me getting on a German or whatever site and bitching about how stupid the leader of that country was and how they don't know how to run anything. I wouldn't do that because its rude to insult the host on his property.
The internets may be American, but the internet isn't. This website is privately owned and operated by Bernie Hou, and only his word is law here, as far as I know, and so unless he's offended by random people from across the planet critisizing America, I can try to diss your ass as much as I please, thank you very much.

ThinkerJeep wrote:
Munan wrote:
"As for Nation Building (I love the capitals here): Dude, do you get the same news as we get here? If you are really Nation Building there, you're doing a lousy job. More people are killed everyday in Iraq than ever during the reign of Saddam."
And who is killing those people? Is it the Muslim terrorists who want nothing more than to screw everything up? Yeah, The US troops are killing lawless murderous bastards, and trying to help the millions of normal Iraqi citizens, (Muslim or not) to experience their own voice and rule their own country instead of having to live under a Iron fisted, God hating regime...KINDA LIKE COMMUNISM!!!!!!! Get the idea now?
No I don't, from what my news feeds are spewing, the American forces aren't exactly setting sights just on the "lawless murdering bastards". Wasn't there an issue a few years ago involving American abuse of prisoners?

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Munan wrote:
Tinkerjeep wrote:
"If you hate America and what it stands for, leave us alone! You don't live here, you don't vote.
"Neither do the Iraqis. You do realize, don't you, that if the US is so eager to go around "nation building" and playing policeman of the world (and I'm not saying it never should do so), people are NOT going to leave you alone. The scary fact for many is that the US go around taking care of other people's business. These people indeed don't live in the US, cannot vote,"
AH! But The Afghanis and Iraqis CAN vote now! They can now take those first steps of democracy and excercise their freedoms of speech and religeon as their own constitutions define it for them. Don't YOU realize this? No, I'm not really happy about our role in nation building, but better us than the corrupt UN. We as Americans do and will benefit from Iraq's stability, of course, but its a side effect.
Corrupt UN? Please name at least one major event in the 21st century that positively labels the UN 'corrupt'. Really, I wanna know. Also if America's intentions were really altruistic, I'd think they sign on with the Kyoto accord. Side-effect my ass. Also do the people really want America taking care of them? Or are the people's representatives saying that?

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Munan wrote:
Personally, I don't "hate America". How could I, there's so many different Americas. I like New York, my brother has been living there for 15 years now and seems to enjoy himself. I love to go s.h.o.p.p.i.n.g. in America.
You've been to NYC to shop? That's great...there are alot more things to do here than shop. If that's all you base your likes on, then you do need some real perspective.

I still can't quite grasp the followers of the "Jedi"...

but it is STILL better than Communism or a dictatorship.
Sorry for barging in to your little chat but where the fuck did Munan state his view of America was based solely on shoppig experiances? And about 'jedi': They're either a) joking or b) totally confused.
And also, on a tenuously related note, doesn't anyone notice that America's (and many other countries for that matter) espoused 'culteral diversity' really just bullshit? America isn't a culturally diverse nation, it's culture is American, which really only has small niches and pockets where ethnic diversity truely thrives.

Aramor the First wrote:
I hear, with my little ear, somthing starting with s.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was a good idea to start this war either. I personally don't like war at all. It was clearly obvious that Bush could have gone through with this in a more politcal and economical way. War is the last option, not the second, and Bush just dove in for a fight. I don't think anyone is really benefiting through the war in Iran at all. The US is losing respect from its own citizens, and from all the other countries as well. We could have gone through some more debating whith the Iran oficials, and we may have even avoided this entire thing if we were lucky enough. But Bush just had to be an ass and attack. War is for defending your own country, not to attack others. And what happened? Our troops are on their turf. I don't blame the people of Iran thinking us as the bad guys.

I just hope we pull through all right.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by me)

Last edited by Tinkerjeep on Sat May 13, 2006 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Aramor the First wrote:
I hear, with my little ear, somthing starting with s.

Uhm... splotch?

Tinkerjeep wrote:
so I'll sum up my entire plethora of points here in one tiny response to a point I made and you questioned: "Jedi as a true religeon"

You mean Jedi as in the dudes from Star Wars? You want that as a religion? Then I wanna join the Sith!!! Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerjeep wrote:
[@Simon_Says] Look it the hell up, junior.

Dude, the only condescending title that may be given to a person younger than oneself on these forums is "young man".

And by popular vote, I am the only one allowed to use that outside role-playing (I can't find that thread just now, somebody help me).
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you tell him dad!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
...And by popular vote, I am the only one allowed to use that outside role-playing (I can't find that thread just now, somebody help me).

Here you go Wink Clickie.

Random rambles: Tinkerjeep, you're more and more reminding me of the people of Blue Cosmos/LOGOS, from Gundam Seed, to me. Well, enough from me. *dissapears*
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(deleted by me)

Last edited by Tinkerjeep on Sat May 13, 2006 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh...dude? you should take a chill pill and just....relax....o_o

Everyone sooo serious....>.> I like to come home from work to relax...not to be bombarded with politics...oh well! In other news, Bush is an idiot and I like cake!

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by me)

Last edited by Tinkerjeep on Sat May 13, 2006 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Angelus - Speak non-fiction to me, bud. I understand Gundam is Anime and has its own line of products, but I don't have a clear idea of who or what you are comparing me to. I assume its some war-like race that kills all the "good-guys" and so is evil through and through...just like me?

Hahaha, no, I'm in no way trying to imply that you're evil. The way you defended your ideas, it reminds me of the Blue Cosmos organisation of the Gundam Seed metaseries. Anyways, it was just a random comment (maybe my choice of 'rambles' might be misleading in a way) so no fuss, no foul.

*dissapears. again*
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerjeep wrote:
Aramor, again, you miss the point - stoned again today?

Oh great, another one who thinks I'm stoned all the time? I finally got rommel dunn off my back...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Sal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor the First wrote:

Oh great, another one who thinks I'm stoned all the time? I finally got rommel dunn off my back...

a-ha! so you DO admit that he was ON your back once?

[i hope you understand that someone had to say this]
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than once... I had to slam my back on a wall just to get him off... I actually dived in molten lead once... after that he stopped doing that...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
sardine

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone want to invade Iran or Iraq? Both are happy places with flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where children dance and laugh all day and play with gumdrop smiles
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THNAK YOU!!! This is one topic I'd like to see get back on-topic...

Wait, since when does Willy Wankah live in the Middle-East?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn!!!

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, moderators doing their job... guys, I love you.

I still don't swing that way... sorry Sal Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much convinced me you are intolerant of anyone with an opposing view to yours. So I figured I'd help you out, so no one else would get upset by my opposing political views, I deleted the rest of my own posts.

Ain't censorship cool? Very Happy
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, are you calling me intolerant to other people? I'm gonna back away from the keyboard now...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerjeep wrote:
You pretty much convinced me you are intolerant of anyone with an opposing view to yours. So I figured I'd help you out, so no one else would get upset by my opposing political views, I deleted the rest of my own posts.

Ain't censorship cool? Very Happy

Maybe you want to check the thread "A subject for another time"?

Sorry I didn't mention I'd split this thread.
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, strange isn't it?
I don't really see what harm it was doing...whether its off topic or not...I personally think the issue of the war in the middle east is about done to death. No one was coming up with new or better ideas or even conceding the other sides point of view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: