Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The war in Iran
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samy

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody thinks you're "all punks" over there. i actually spent three years in the us and i met some pretty nice people. what i think people are trying to say is that the us needs to get off their high horse and admit that their country is no fucking better if not worse than most european countries. personally i like living in germany a whole lot better. why? because i can do, say and wear whatever the fuck i want, as opposed to some, if not many, parts of the us. of course there are upsides and downsides in every country, but they really ARE in every country, the usa is not an exception. and personally i don't see why americans are so freakin proud of their nation. i'd understand to a certain degree if it was finland, or another scandinavian country. they have managed things to be proud of, for example one of the best education systems, low unemployment, a good welfare and healthcare system and so on. they haven't thrown their people into numerous armed conflicts ending time and again in disaster. note: i'm not saying the us is a "bad" country or anything, i'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to take off the pink-flowery glasses every once in a while, and actually take a look at what's going wrong in america instead of celebrating principles that were introduced 200 years ago and since then or even before have been introduced to just about any true democratic state (of which there are some in this world)

ps: i was about to go to bed and i started thinking...i might have come off a little strong in some parts, i hope all of you'll forgive me for trying make a point i have a hard time formulating each time. this topic just gets me aggravated and it's late...
pps: i don't want to turn this into a "my dad can beat your dad up" kinda thing, i just had to say what i said
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stupid part of this whole argument is simply this- None of you, or me for that matter, even matter one damn little iota in the conflict in Iran, Iraq, or anywhere else. Primarily because, sure we have the right to free speech, but does that really get anything done? Really, all I see happening is a purely political topic on a non-political comic's forum. Specifically I see a bunch of pople bitching about another country or leader. I find it very disturbing that so many of you, as "richly diverse" as this group is, have anything but a one-sided hatred for an American President that most, if not all of you never even voted for and few of you even live in the country which he governs. It's like me bitching about any of your leaders. It don't effect me in the least. My opinion, as loud as I could shout it, regarding English, Polish, Dutch, French, German, Canadian politics and politicians is simply pointless, because I don't live there or vote there. So what's it to me?

But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you guys trash my country or my president without me offering an opposing point of view.

Samy, if you think I'm just out here tooting America's horn and think America has no faults and Bush is God, you got to reread my previous posts, 'cuz that ain't me, sonny. But there is a balance of good and bad. Actually, name a country and politician that has no internal problems, and 100% approval rating, respectively. NAME ONE!

And unlike the neutral nations, America does stand for something. We stand for democracy and freedom, the same thing you all laud. You say you don't get into any wars - I guess fence-sitting is good for something.

If it wasn't for America and its allies the "neutral" nations would be controlled by Communist Russia right now and you would not have the right to free speech, freedom of religeon or from it, and the ability to move in and out of your borders as a citizen. Had America decided to maintain its "neutrality" and isolationist stand in the 1940s, What would you guys look like now? What if we hadn't took a stand against communism and set up bases in free europe after WW2, how would that have effected your flaunted "neutrality"? Check the outcome of Chamberlain's appeasement policy and how it placated Hitler. Germany's conquest of France a short while later was fairly bloodless and peacefull, hunh? But that appeasement eventually cost many more American and British lives to take France back from Germany. You're lucky you have lots of well- armed friends in the world. Do you think America would fight for your freedom if you were overrun by Russia in the 1950s through the 1980s?
Yep. That was the plan. We stood ready to repell Communism in Europe, whether you stood against it or not.

Is America becoming more closed off? IE- are we losing our freedoms?Yep...supposedly, But we still have free travel through out the world and our states. But according to the illegal immigrants we shouldn't close the borders. I mean, why should we close the border? Then more freeloaders couldn't sneak over the border to freeload off our tax-funded wellfare and medicare systems in California and elsewhere. The systems that are free to anyone, even if your not an American citizen, as is evidenced by millions of illegal Mexican immigrants in our Wellfare program.

Forgive me if I don't let you slam my country or its president with no opposition. Hell, on some issues I'd probably agree with you, but don't think that just because you have the right to slam my country that that also entitles you to: A) be accepted for doing it, B) entitles you to any special privileges, and C) dissalows you from encountering any opposition.

Fair enough?
Tinkerjeep

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well Bernie just told me you all have been whining so He's asked me to go. You all can trash me as much as you want while I'm gone, same goes for my country...feel free. I'm oughta here. Thanks to all for being so "freedom of speech loving".
Samy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i guess there's no point answering now...

i'll just say this for anyone who's interested: i don't HATE america, i hate the fundamentalist idiot-patriots, that sadly make up a good portion of the population, who refuse to open their eyes to the reality of the world and think that europeans still live in caves under hitlers dictatorship (yes, there ARE people who have asked me if this was true while i was there)
Complex_Number_States
banned

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the US. It is my country, and I don't want to live anywhere else.

It is exactly the fact that I love it so much that leads me to despise the Bush Crime Family, and the gang of criminals and idiots and Christo-facists who are not only destroying my country, but also destroying large chunks of the rest of the world.

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
Sal

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i wanted to say something and now the discussion's over.

what's with the whining that Tinkerjeep mentioned? could enyone shed some light?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: