Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Devil's rejects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artemorra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: The Devil's rejects Reply with quote

Direcdet and written by Rob Zombie, and for those of you who don't know, this is the sequel to House of 1000 Corpses.
House of 1000 Corpses was a great movie, this is rumored to be much better! Twisted Evil

offical trailer:
http://www.therejectsarmy.com/rejects/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=angellis&linkID=7

Anyone heard about this?
power pervades me and lies
me low, but as the same time
a new strenght is born in
my soul."
-Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw a trailer for it a few months ago (forgot what flick i was seeing it in). It looked ok.

I didn't much care for HO1kC. It was pretty muddled and slapped together. I chatted up Sid Haig at a fan convention...

...and after breaking through the "fanboy" schtick he mentioned stuff about the first movie "changing scripts a lot" and sort of loosing direction here and there. It's a fun ride, but I don't think he accomplished his goal, which was an homage to the indy import splatter/schlock flicks from the 70's & 80's.

Rejects sounds like it has less of a soul. That might be a good thing.

and Sid Haig was pretty cool.

and i misspelled losing, so my credibility is now shot. DAMMIT.

desert_drum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan wrote:

I didn't much care for HO1kC.

I was really disappointed in it, and I went in not only hoping to like it, but wanting to. I looked forward to it from the moment I heard it was finally getting made; when you have someone that fiercely creative in that many different ways, the results ought to at least be interesting. They weren't. :/
ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw HO1kC the first time and was bunmmed out by it, like _drum said, it was a letdown for me. then i sat around and thought "hmm, maybe i didn't give it a chance" so i saw it agin and was a little delighted by how over-the-top it really was. but THEN i made the mistake of watching it with the dir's commentary. listening to RZombie overcompensate and over-justify why the story was so shoddy and hackneyed just made me dissapointed again.

god damn this was an interesting story ryan. you should tell more.

ok, this one time in 8th grade i sneezed and looked down at the desk and there was a ladybug on it, and so help me i really thought I had sneezed out a lady bug.

thank you.

Inomuiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw The house and liked it... it was so exaggerated and absurd it was hard not to like it, for me, like Braindeads (I'm not saying it's as good as Braideads, obviously). So I hope to see Devil's rejects pretty soon, but I don't know when it will be licensed in Italy...

"Tout le plaisir est dans le changement"

"SI! PUO'! FAREEEE!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: