Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Do we have a dota community on AlP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Do we have a dota community on AlP? Reply with quote

This is just a shout-out to all my Defense of the Ancients peeps on alp. Dota dota dota, for you fps players, dota is like the rts version of Counterstrike.

...and if there's a sizeable dota community here, I'll just throw out that the best all around hero in the game is Furion, just to excite some controversy Wink
Telveryon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must somewhat agree. Furion is am excellent support hero, pair him with Mordread (hope I wrote the well) and they can take just about anyone down (tactic verified against Lich, Sand King, Lina).
Personally I like the Drow Rangers. he's good against just about anyone especilay meele heros. The Troll Warlord is also good, in my oppinion his much better than the Bone Fletcher. Lina can be a pain if you are playing Crystal Maiden. Lucifer always does well. Once I played a 2 against 3 game with me on the 2 player team with Lucifer. We lost, true, bu I only died once and at the end of the game they just couldn't kill me, even though they had powwerful ultimates.

^Don't click the picture!
Medieval speak doth be a trademark of Telveryon & Telveryon_Recites Inc.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play DotA sometimes. I focus on a few characters because of perhaps, playing style. Somehow I just avoid the spellcasters. And due to lack of time, I don't really have the time to try out all characters.

Anyway, I'm often with the approach of selecting a hero and using it to the best of its ability. I never really looked on which hero is stronger and all that. Just my two cents, I like playing Lycantrophy, Skeleton King(truly someone who can shout 'Not afraid to die!'. Haha), Panda Samurai(really! Just the more to annoy my friends. Haha), Venomancer and that Rifleman Guy(I don't remember his name..).

Not being a hardcore player, I may have committed some spelling errors to the names, so forgive me..
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try out furion. He's more than just a support hero, he can be just about anything for any situation.

Are you up against heroes who don't have area-effect damage? Go treants and kill two towers in <10 minutes... if they're really incompetent, you can kill a barracks in <20 minutes (done it many times!). Do you wanna instant gank someone? Just tp in and sprout a hero for ~5 seconds of 2on1, usually enough for the kill. Need a goldfarmer? Treants+Wrath of Nature=excellent farming.

Not to say he's perfect, every hero has a counter-hero. But furion is... well, just freaking awesome in almost any situation.

Second best all-around hero... the morphling. I've gone a combined total of 70-0 over 5 games with him: 14-0, 8-0, 24-0, 7-0, 17-0. I broke the streak with the sixth game when I had 22-2 Razz

It's really easy to get cheap kills early game with morphling, imho more than any other char.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: