Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Do you think the comic would be as good if it didn't have...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosco Julian McBruno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Do you think the comic would be as good if it didn't have... Reply with quote

Aliens and Predators in it? If it was just about two oridinary guys living in New York, I don't think I'd like it as much. But I've hit upon a theory: People love aliens and predators, so if you need to get your project off the ground, feature them in it. It'll be a sure fire hit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you're implying that aLp is only good because it has an Alien and a Predetor in it? Smile

Carefull now... you may get eaten...
Switch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could work. Just replace Pres with Ken and Abe with Action Man and it would probably fly just as well.
20xx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well It depends, do these two guys have breasts? Because if they do I think it would be even more popular (the comic).
Dahaka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Dahaka Reply with quote

yehhhh...piss off

I don't need you to believe in me or my power to justify my existence.

If you don't like aliens and predators you need to be doing something else with your time instead of posting on this forum.

What if this comic featured two fuzzy gerbils that converted their water bottle into a wood shavings bong, and they fought crime, injustice, and ben affleck, all through the power of... cheese. BEHOLD! Yeah that would be great. Or i could just keep touching the fire refusing to believe in heat transfer.

-Sad thing is the gerbils will probably be #1 on buzzcomix next tuesday.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good? Yes. The humor is what it is, just plain funny. But I think something would be missing: the constant underlying humor of the two of them going about their lives in and interacting with a city that doesn't seem at all fazed by their appearance. The comic wouldn't die without that, but it's a great bonus.
Rosco Julian McBruno

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahaka, did you reply to the right topic? Who's questioning your existence? Who said I didn't like Aliens and Predators?

I don't believe you got my point. I think the comic is funny, but all I was asking was would it be as popular if it didn't have an Alien and Predator as it's main characters?

Quote:
What if this comic featured two fuzzy gerbils that converted their water bottle into a wood shavings bong, and they fought crime, injustice, and ben affleck, all through the power of... cheese. BEHOLD! Yeah that would be great. Or i could just keep touching the fire refusing to believe in heat transfer.

Yeahhh, that made no sense. Your powers of wit and sarcasm really do you justice. Go.. go, use your powers for the good of the city.
Guan lou-dte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

witch city?
it realy dose depend Confused
desert_drum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guan lou-dte wrote:
witch city?
it realy dose depend Confused

Uhm, New York City, the setting of the comic....
Dahaka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: spreading the lameness Reply with quote

lame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. good question. I'd say "maybe not" it depends really.. if like, Ken and action man, as someone mentioned, was in it, it could be good too, but atleast for me, the hilarious thing is that it's kinda random..
but with just two random guys? I'd probably not read it then, unless they had a certain appeal to them.. like these "guys" hehehe
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would still be as funny if it were just a couple of guys. I just came across the comic today and it's the first thing that's made me laugh out loud at the computer in a long time. Not just because of the funny look of it, but the writing's great as well. It's got the perfect mix of odd and smart and crude. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's not just two guys in an apartment. There's already a bunch of those. But the action figures wouldn't be funny for very long if there were no substance to it.

And hearing a Predator saying, "Kevin Bacon showed me his penis" is perhaps the funniest thing EVAR.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Mr. Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is William hung. When abe gets the talking william hung tatoo in ep. 28, i was like "who the f**k is this Hung guy"

Someone answer me before i rip the lizards head off in frustration.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: duh Reply with quote

he's the idiot from american idol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: