Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Mr & Mrs sassypants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I don't. I have yet to see any gameplay changes that would justify a full sequel.

I wouldn't be vexxed if they planned to release it as a stand-alone expansion or something.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Especially since: YOU DON'T HAVE TO buy it...? Let us spend some time thinking up what else we shouldn't do:

1. Write a letter to Ford: I don't like the Mustang remodel for 2010. Stop production and continue making them the same as 2009.

2. Write a letter to Heros: Stop making crappy episodes. I haven't watched one since the middle of the second season. They are all crap. Don't make more or just release them straight-to-video.

3. Write a letter to all Dutch Comic Artists: Your comics suck, stop doing whatever it is you are trying to do and get a job selling hash.

4. PM cfos: Your posts are worthless. Stop posting.

5. Letter to Delta: Stop this non-stop flight to Paris. You jets are crappy and even though the plane went down, I would prefer to travel via a connection to Air France out of Chicago because Air France does Business class right.

The list could go on... Rolling Eyes But, seriously, they are a company. They want to make profit. They don't give a damn about fan-boys who think video games are constructed through altruistic means. Come on Simon, you're better than this.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
3. Write a letter to all Dutch Comic Artists: Your comics suck, stop doing whatever it is you are trying to do and get a job selling hash.

I resent that!

Do you know how hard it is to get a job selling hash?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: ...good save. Reply with quote

cfos wrote:

cfos wrote:
4. PM cfos: Your posts are worthless. Stop posting.

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cfos, why do you keep calling out on me being altruistic/naive every, single, time? Find a good reason for it or find a new fucking tune. It really looks as if you don't have a clue what you're saying.

No, I'm not happy that Valve is making L4D2. I'd rather they work on HL2 Episode 3 or on a Portal project or something completely new. But what you imply that I'm doing is... weird. I'm not trying to dictate policy to them. I don't want their L4D2 so I'm not going to buy it, simple as that.

But you seem to have it in your head that I'm basically saying "It sucks, don't make it!" No, what I'm saying is, "You expect me to pay full price for that?" As far as I am concerned, they can fuck right off in that respect.

I really would like more L4D, but not at the price given. Especially since I plonked down cash seven months ago for a game that will be completely obsolete in five.

I have the feeling that you don't analyze my posts very well. You immediately assume I'm whining and then tell me to grow up. When I make my rebuttal you appear to ignore it entirely or misconstrue it again. If you're going to bring up the card that you just don't have a lot of time to read everything or some other bullshit like that like you did before, I suggest you just don't respond.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

But you seem to have it in your head that I'm basically saying "It sucks, don't make it!" No, what I'm saying is, "You expect me to pay full price for that?" As far as I am concerned, they can fuck right off in that respect.

I really would like more L4D, but not at the price given. Especially since I plonked down cash seven months ago for a game that will be completely obsolete in five.

No, What I think you are saying is: "Don't do this, Do THAT!" Am I right?

I don't think the makers are really thinking anything about expecting you, in particular" to pay anything. They are capitalizing on a hit. The amount that you plonked down really isn't important considering several thousand others who have plonked money down and will gladly plunk more for whatever they release. What I do consider naive is that you seem to have an opinion that Valve should care what you think and what you, as an individual purchase.
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I'm not trying to dictate policy to them.

Simon_Says wrote:
I don't. I have yet to see any gameplay changes that would justify a full sequel.

I wouldn't be vexxed if they planned to release it as a stand-alone expansion or something.

Simon_Says wrote:
I'd rather they work on HL2 Episode 3 or on a Portal project or something completely new.

Simon_Says wrote:

Am I missing something? What am I not getting in your posts...?

No, What I think you are saying is: "Don't do this, Do THAT! I don't want this, but rather THAT! Am I right?

I don't think the makers are really thinking anything about expecting you, in particular, to pay anything. They are capitalizing on a hit. The amount that you plonked down really isn't important considering several thousand others who have plonked money down and will gladly plunk more for whatever they release. What I do consider naive is that you seem to have an opinion that Valve should care what you think and what you, as an individual purchase and if you tell them to "fuck off". Also considering that the articles typical place the average gamer at what, 27 years old? $60 really isn't alot of money. Really.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satan Crime Wash wrote:
No! I am Spartacus!
I am Spartacus!

@ cfos: So apparently there is no difference between wishing a company was doing something different and actually complaining to them about it? What an interesting, yet frightful world you must live in.

cfos wrote:
No, What I think you are saying is: "Don't do this, Do THAT! I don't want this, but rather THAT!
Actually, this isn't inaccurate, since it's really just a generalized reiteration of what I just said earlier. But is this is a bad thing to say? I'm a consumer in a market, what the hell should I be saying instead of that?

cfos wrote:
I don't think the makers are really thinking anything about expecting you, in particular, to pay anything. They are capitalizing on a hit. The amount that you plonked down really isn't important considering several thousand others who have plonked money down and will gladly plunk more for whatever they release. What I do consider naive is that you seem to have an opinion that Valve should care what you think and what you, as an individual purchase and if you tell them to "fuck off". Also considering that the articles typical place the average gamer at what, 27 years old? $60 really isn't alot of money. Really.
Hey guess what, more than a quarter million people openly announce that they're boycotting L4D2 at Valve's current terms. Valve may ignore $60, but I doubt they'll ignore at least $15 million. My voice is small, but it's just one of many thousands of others. And where do I imply that Valve should care what I think? Do you really see me as being so pompous?

Perhaps I can illustrate an analogy of what is going on. Valve, a politician, is running for office and is making announcements in the town square to illustrate his promised policy. I'm there in the square, a potential voter. I don't like what he's saying, so I'm saying "He can fuck right off" in muttered tones as I leave the square and look for better things to do.

I'm not running up to the podium, grabbing him by the collar, or going to the phone booth to call him on his cell, to ask him "What about me?" I'm well aware he doesn't even know me, and would care little for one unknown in thousands. But as far as I'm concerned, he's not getting my vote. He can "fuck right off". And I'm not averse to sharing my personal opinion among associates. I don't try to sway them to my p.o.v., I just say my bit when it's appropriate and that's the end of it.

So tell me, am I dictating policy to Valve? Am I being naive?

And on a somewhat unrelated note. I'm 18. I'm a full-time university student, working part time in a fast food joint, driving a car I can barely afford. $60 CAD is a lot for me. I'm also the kind of person who couldn't care less about what other people are willing/able to pay for items I'm considering. It's their price versus my demand when I consider a purchase. So while an interesting statistic, don't judge me based on general standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
And on a somewhat unrelated note. I'm 18. I'm a full-time university student, working part time in a fast food joint, driving a car I can barely afford. $60 CAD is a lot for me. I'm also the kind of person who couldn't care less about what other people are willing/able to pay for items I'm considering. It's their price versus my demand when I consider a purchase. So while an interesting statistic, don't judge me based on general standards.

The whole 27 year old thing is a pointless statistic anyway. Joe Schmo, the 27-year-old-Army-of-Two-playing PS3/360 owner has absolutely nothing to do with the majority of Valve's customers. Whatever age they are, they're what used to be termed hardcore. Most of my friends who game don't even know that Valve, or Steam, exist. They certainly don't use a PC for gaming. Not to mention that the average age of gamers is being dragged up by the middle-aged/retiree Popcap crowd. None of whom could give a flying fuck about L4D.

All that said, Valve have never disappointed me before, and I'm waiting before making any judgements.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... many... words... Laughing

Ok, let me get this straight -- Valve is a politician... mkay... announcements, town-square... okay still with you... Wait. You (and we by extension) are THERE at the rally? In a "so, I learned today" thread on an alp forum? Does this mean we are now on the Valve homepage? So, by modus tollens, if we all are not at this political rally, then Valve is not a politican. Rolling Eyes

Look, in plain terms, this is how I see it:

1. Valve (I never heard of them either, the only company I know of is Bethesda) makes a hit game.
2. Valve wants to make another game similar to the hit.

Who the "F" cares? Let them make it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I'm sure they will go under as a company because fanboys (incidently, go see the video Fanboys -- funny) who likely are busy typing on computers instead of working and earning a living where $60 isn't a lot of money are upset? Rent it -- right? That's what $5? You know what, I still think Jordan pushed off when he made the last shot and beat the Jazz in the Championship. The difference between us is, I got over it and moved on. Besides, if you want ot express anger, we now have a specific thread for that. Wink
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIMON IS SINGLE-HANDEDLY BRINGING DOWN VALVE BY HURTING THEIR FEELINGS
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
And then I shall move on to... BIOWARE! The entire industry shall fall before the might of my titanic bitching!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
And then I shall move on to... BIOWARE! The entire industry shall fall before the might of my titanic bitching!

So long as they continue to release a next-gen console KOTOR. I just saw that Arkance Asylum is being pushed back. Imagine... this could happen to (shudder) the next Left4Dead! Maybe... none of Simon's issues will be present if this happens. Wink
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
And then I shall move on to... BIOWARE!

Tell them from me that if Dragon Age sucks I'm going to quit them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned today some people can really take an argument on the internet serious and go on with it way past it's expiration date.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
I learned today some people can really talk about getting drunk and go on with it way past it's expiration date.

Fixed. Laughing
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being drunk has no expiration date. It's a full time job.

Speaking of which, I gotta go back to work.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Aramor wrote:
I learned today some people can really talk about getting drunk and go on with it way past it's expiration date.

Fixed. Laughing

So do you actually have some kind of disease that makes your heart stop if you let something go, or is it just a personality flaw?
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
cfos wrote:
Aramor wrote:

Fixed. Laughing

So do you actually have some kind of disease that makes your heart stop if you let something go, or is it just a personality flaw?

Nope, I just happen to be waiting for a call with no other matters pressing. What is your excuse? Low self-esteem? Need more fiber in your diet?
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been waiting for that call ever since you joined.

I don't feel that I need an excuse to be a nice guy. I do have low self-esteem, mind you. Or at least I think I do. It's hard to be objective about oneself.

That's what I learned today!
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
You've been waiting for that call ever since you joined.

I don't feel that I need an excuse to be a nice guy. I do have low self-esteem, mind you. Or at least I think I do. It's hard to be objective about oneself.

That's what I learned today!

uh, actually, I get a few calls a day. Part of my job. Congrats on your learning experience. Maslow is smiling.
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
I learned today some people can really take an argument on the internet serious and go on with it way past it's expiration date.

And you know what happens when that happens?

Moderation!
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't using your powers moderately!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: