Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
We have a date
    page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: We have a date Reply with quote

We have a date! Next Thursday, July 7, we're going to have a C-section to deliver our twins. THAT. IS. REALLY. SOON. I've put up a handy progress meter to illustrate where we're at right now in the timeline of our amazing journey, and I have to say, it's a pretty accurate chronology of events. Right down to the panic attacks. Everyone tells me I'm gonna be a great father, but I have no idea why. If parenting were somehow correlated with playing video games then yes, yes, I would be good at it. But otherwise, I don't know how you could know.

So the other side of all this, though - and you should've seen this coming - is that I'm gonna need to slow way down on making comics while I figure out everything that needs to be done before the Big Day. Right now the plan's this: no new comic today, and I'll probably do only one more before next Thursday. Starting Monday, July 11, I've got a bunch of 3x/week guest strips for ya by some of my good buddies - some top names in the webcomic biz - while my wife and I try to stay above water during those crazy first 2 weeks. Then after that, we'll see what I can pull off.

The important thing is aLp is not going away. No way, Sanjay. I ain't even close to being done, especially cuz you guys are the greatest fans around. You just gotta bear with me for a little bit while I'm raising my own real-life comedy duo. I'll be hangin' out more on the forums, and running the next contest soon. Sign up for the mailing list so you can keep up to date with what's goin on. Keep tellin' everyone you know about aLp, cuz there's plenty more to come.

Thanks, my wife and I love you all, my kids also just said I love you, by giving an extra big kick, and my wife just cursed again, real loud.

B
Eddie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what was entailed in the "Sex for Business" section?
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! Big congratulations to you both, and I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way. I hope everything goes really smoothly. Great to hear that ALP isn't going to go away, but I'm not going to cry if it slows down for awhile. You've got tons of more important stuff going on right now, and I imagine your hands will be pretty full for awhile. One thing at a time Very Happy

Still internet married to Tripper.
denny_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: w00t Reply with quote

I hope it all goes well... best regards to you and all of your family!
Uncle Whippity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big love all round.

Fatherhood is fun.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can totally understand your decisions. Good luck with it all, and say hi to the younglings from me... and from the rest of the forum.

Oh, can you ask the guy who does OOTS to make a guest comic? I would just love to see a stick figure Alien and Predator Razz Razz Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many congratulations!!

You'll be fine!
KittyKat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOTS guy has busted his hand whilst moving house - he's getting his friends to put fan strips up until he has recovered.

Bernie: Congratulations! I'm sending possitive thoughts to you and your wife and I'll include you both in a prayer tonight. Me and me wife are way too young to have sprogs yet, but its something we've wanted to do since day 1, and having our favourite web comic guy go through it is almost as good.

Twins eh? Its the way to go. No oldest/youngest (well actually... shut up!) no middle child. I read somewhere that two children is the most desireable amount of offspring, in my local surgery I know this girl who has wanted two kids for years... She had one child but then couldn't get pregnant again.... after fertility treatment she is finally pregnant again!..... with FOUR of them... She's getting alot more than she bargained for lol.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KittyKat wrote:
OOTS guy has busted his hand whilst moving house - he's getting his friends to put fan strips up until he has recovered.

Oh yeah, didn't think of that... really stupid, escpecially caus I visited the OOTS page like 5 minutes before I posted that... and because I read the big yellow and black block of text where he explains it twice or something... my bad Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Klynn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have twin step-sons At first it was overwhelming taking care of them now their three and are no problem at all. But then again We only have them every other weekend. Wink
Hydrargentium

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm raising my own real-life comedy duo.

Are ya gonna name them Preston and Abe? Wink Shocked

Hg
Masurao

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations from Spain!

I'm a twin also. I have a twin sister and we have shared everything since we were but little fetuses inside our mother's womb...except for now. Now we have our own lives at the age of 18 each.

Here's what to expect from twins: Twice of everything. Two sets of clothing (and I strongly discourage to buy matching outfits, cute when they're young but when they get older it's just annoying), double the amount of food (expect to feed at least one of your children with a bottle at the same time your wife breastfeeds the other [if she decided to do so]), and when one cries the other is not far behind!

But there some positive things too. Your children will have a constant playmate all the time, and will share things with each other and encourage each other to explore and be more active. My mom used to tell us of the many times my sis and I used to sneak into each other's cribs at night and sleep together. Though for the first few years they will be very similar (duh), as they get older you will start to notice some differences in personality and appearance. Though my sis and I are twins, we still want to be our own person.

So yeah, take it from a twin herself. Double the fun!
Zim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins are double the fun indeed =D
Its gonna suck without ALP normal updates its one of the few laugh out loud webcomics X.X It would be cool if you got an 8-bit guest strip though ^_^ could use the sprites from the avp game on the snes.
Hope everything goes well with the birth and that your kids grow up into baseball players. You should probably get in some large supplies of coffee to keep you going too =P.
Hipkat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and best of luck to you and your wife!

As a mom of two (ages 2 1/2 and 2 months) you'd think I'd have some great advice or something, but every kid is different. If things seem overwhelming in those first few weeks, just remember to trust your instincts and nap whenever possible! Also, those bouncy chairs that look like little baby catapults are the best!
LovleAnjel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well. Just make sure you have a not-childed adult drop by during the first week. It helps to reset your brain after having absolutely no sleep.
Raziel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins can be good fun
If you like children that is
If not, then good luck

wishing you and (especially) you wife all good luck in the coming weeks, even though i'll have to miss my alien-monstery fix for a week
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you the type of dad that videotapes the delivery? personally i think the most disturbing thing in the world is witnessing my own birth on video.
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: " Roger Houston, we haaave a date!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Shocked Guest strips and re-runs will have to do us.
You two are going to be waaaaaaaaay too busy fer us.
Blessings and prayers to you both Bern.
KIDS.... gonna change yer life man...... Rolling Eyes deep beathes .... deeep breathes
We'll be waiting in the wings when your ready.
-_______________________-

MY GOD!!! I have HANDS!!!! Why am I not steering the ship?!
desert_drum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats yet more, and take whatever time you need, plus about half again as much, because you'll need that too Smile
Applepants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, and good luck with the new drool monkeys.
Q

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Congradulations! Reply with quote

I just found this comic yesterday, so I didn't even know that you were a dad-in-waiting.

I'd love to help out by contributing a comic, if that is alright....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: hey hey Reply with quote

congrats bernieh Very Happy
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, best of luck to you. Hope that everything goes well with the delivery--give the twins our regards!

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
BarbieDearest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: The Twins Reply with quote

Congrats to Mr & Mrs Bernie!!! You'll be fine after a few weeks of sleep deprivation, and the shock wears off.

Two words: Baby Swings.
preston is my dad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ALP for TWO WEEKS...In the words of abe, "By the time you read this...."

On a brighter note, congratulations to Bernie. I just hope the twins don't turn out to be two predaliens, because that would be dangerous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: