Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
predators having a conscience?
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: predators having a conscience? Reply with quote

I was just wondering whether predators had a conscience, and sooner or later "get haunted" by their kills, like some hunters get haunted by a badger taht they killed, or whether they would drop out of the game for moral issues like some hunters do
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predator society has a very strict code of conduct. It's immoral for a Predator to kill another Predator intentionally. They won't kill the very old or the very young.

These s.o.b's are taught from birth to kill or be killed. Thier violent society values *murder* and *mutilation* as we would call it.

Predators come from a different planet, and it's only natural thier society is different from ours.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definitely have a sense of shame, but it's more about not being good enough or being cowardly than doing something wrong. I don't think they have a concept of morality, as in "be ye kind one to another", more like they look at all others as potential rivals and have to do what they can (within boundaries) to be the best and strongest and most prodigious. If they fail at that, they feel bad.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep down... we're all predators.
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i posted this b/c i heard that Stalin after the end of WWII like admited out of conscience that like he murdered a whole crap load of ppl. So like by this i kinda understood that if a slightly sane and mostly insane man can get Conscience striken then why no a predator who huneted for generation and like all the slaughetring and killing finally caught up with him
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Stalin was still a human (mostly) that grew up in a human environment with human morals. The yautja are a completely different kind of people. They don't have the same basic concepts that most human civilizations have (except for things like honor).

Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean, what Holly said. You can't compare them. They're raised with the concepts of murder... so to them it's only natural... if a Pred would be raised like a human, then he would feel guilty and all...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preds have a concsience in the sens that they don't kill the weak, unarmed or people who have diseases or carrying a child.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Preds have a concsience in the sens that they don't kill the weak, unarmed or people who have diseases or carrying a child.

Is it against your religion to pay attention?
As it has been stated on numerous occasions now, them preddies don't kill those obviously weaker than them simply because it wouldn't be much to brag about. Not much of a 'conscience', is it?
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:

Is it against your religion to pay attention?
As it has been stated on numerous occasions now, them preddies don't kill those obviously weaker than them simply because it wouldn't be much to brag about. Not much of a 'conscience', is it?

I was paying attention. I'm just giving my opinion clearly, you never done that? And yes in my opinion it is a conscience not to kill the weaker as I stated.
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, call it "conscience" or "lack of sport," still makes me glad I'm scrawny.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then doesn't every sentient specie have some sense of Consience in them, even though they were reaized to be killers and murderers, it's like an aspect that makes a specie sentient, like a little voice inside of it's head saying what is wrong and right, But they yet again that woice is basically society speaking, so diffrent societies would have diffrent aspects of coscience
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go on a mission for the army where your supposed to annhilate a village where there are some enemies, you encounter some women and children (innocent), you don't kill them, is this not Concsience?
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be thinking so. What would be a better example would be if the army ordered the murder of everyone in the villiage, but the troops spared the innocents.

That's concsience at its finest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I'd be thinking so. What would be a better example would be if the army ordered the murder of everyone in the villiage, but the troops spared the innocents.

I meant that , baddly said it thought (for my part i mean) Wink
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but taht is society speaking, like for example a person who was raised in like a oppresive society would have a conscience reflecting taht sociaty, and porbably carry out the order without question. Your example on the other hand refelects the a society where the strong (marines) take care or pitty the weak(civilians)
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

That's not the same situation at all. We are human beings raised to value lives. We would spare innocents out of mercy and kindness, not because they're no fun to kill. Predators are hunters, not soldiers. They kill for fun and prestige. They kill the ones that pose the best challenge, and would make the most impressive trophies. Not killing somebody because they're no challenge is not morally upright, it's purely selfish. "I don't want to look bad by kicking around a little runt, so I'll let him live." I don't call that conscience.

Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, if you would be able to know what a Predtaor is thinking while he's hunting it would be like this:

Worthy opponent: Hmm... a strong group of Oomans, lead by some guy with an f'ed up accent... HUNTING TIME!!!

Not-worthy opponent: Hmm... his lungs are kinda damaged... he won't be able to put up much of a fight... I'll just throw him on the floor... dum-die-dum... heey, that burns... aww, motherfucker... eat wristblades bitch!!!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Simon_Says wrote:

That's not the same situation at all. We are human beings raised to value lives. We would spare innocents out of mercy and kindness, not because they're no fun to kill. Predators are hunters, not soldiers. They kill for fun and prestige. They kill the ones that pose the best challenge, and would make the most impressive trophies. Not killing somebody because they're no challenge is not morally upright, it's purely selfish. "I don't want to look bad by kicking around a little runt, so I'll let him live." I don't call that conscience.

I think it's more like Honor than Fun, but we don't really know if predators think this is a game or a honorable sport, so I guess both ideas are good but none are provable.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Holly wrote:
Simon_Says wrote:

I think it's more like Honor than Fun, but we don't really know if predators think this is a game or a honorable sport, so I guess both ideas are good but none are provable.

I can't remember where it's mentioned, I'll have to look it up, but I think they equate hunting with the highest, most godly thing in the universe. It's like they believe they were put in the universe by the gods to hunt, and when they go to meet the Black Warrior (the god of death) they are judged by how many trophies they bring to him. I think it really is more about honor than fun, although I maintain they have fun killing things too Very Happy

Warrior Alien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they have a concsience....well, at least Scar sure did seem to.

Poke me...I'll bite your hand off.
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but in a way conscience is the society speaking, diffrent societies would have diffrent consciences, like as Holly said, letting someone unworthy live would be the "moral" thing to do because the predator society values honor, so in a way honor is their conscience, the more honorfull some one is to hunt the less conscience and vice versa
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrior Alien wrote:
Of course they have a concsience....well, at least Scar sure did seem to.

Personally I think that was more about respect and affection than morals. He had gotten to like Lex and didn't want her to die, and respected her for doing something that no human should be good enough to do. Plus, he didn't just sacrifice himself for her, it was for the glory of taking down a queen. Dying in that kind of battle is probably the best death a yautja can hope for.

Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee hee

I love that picture.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if in that scene that Lex took of her gear because some acid got on it, Scar would "accidentally" throw some acid on her sweater to make her take that of too... Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heart Bri-chan so bad. Here's another great one:

OMG, true luv!1!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: