Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
A stupid, turn-based browser game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: A stupid, turn-based browser game Reply with quote

Yet I enjoy it.

http://www.territories3069.com

The basic idea is you're some kind of alien race. After choosing the name, race color, and basic spaceship design, you start out with one star system and you try to conquer the galaxy. You mine various resources from planets in your star system, research new technologies and upgrades, have your spies disable your enemies' planetary defenses and so forth. The more star systems and homeworlds you control, the faster you research and the more effective your spies are.

It's kinda fun, and free for 90% of the features. You don't have to spend all night microing every turn either, although you'll probably want to micro the first few turns and later on once you get into big battlecruiser battles. Only thing is, pretty much no one is playing on it right now, and the creator has basically stopped supporting it, and it's kinda boring when you win games by default. BUT! The website is still up and we can play if you're so inclined.

So, anyone up for a game? If we all try to join a game on the same server (I was thinking the free, 15 minute per turn, 1000X1000 galaxy server) at about the same time, maybe around 17:00 EST tomorrow, then we should all be in the same game.

Anyone in?

Last edited by Crotchfire on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose a different time, or just set up a game at a different time, and I'm in. Tomorrow is the first day of winter term...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could start it later. 18:00 EST? 19:00 EST?

The way it's worked when I've played is that once someone joins a server, the first turn lasts until a predetermined time, so your first turn can be several hours long or a couple of minutes, depending on the time you join. In other words, there's a pretty big window in which you can join on the first turn, but I just don't know how big it's going to be.

Also, once the 15 minute turns start going, there's something like 125 turns where you can join... although you really don't want to join on the 125th turn, because your opponents are going to have a serious head start.

Anyway, hopefully more people will give it a shot so we can all join at about the same time.
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sounds like space empires.

We could also just go play UrbanDead, or Outbreak.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I played UrbanDead it just seemed kinda "meh" to me. Tell you what though, join a game of this and I'll join a game of one of yours after. It'll be like the browser game exchange.
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Outbreak is kinda nice. It's basically just shooting demons and shit in a city, which is nice, but it's kinda flawed. I don't know if it's a bug or anything, but ammo and armor cost nothing, so if you stand in front a demon hot spot which just happens to have a supply depot inside (and most demon hot spots do, since those are military bases) you can keep shooting till you either run out of ammo or armor, and then go inside to completely refill. And since it doesn't work with action points or anything, you can go on forever.

Which is why I stopped. I mean, Urban Dead you play once or twice a day, until your AP runs out. Outbreak is just going on forever and ever. And personally the thought of me spending several hours a day just clicking on a box with the word "Imp" or "Ghoul" on it made me stop playing it.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well w/e, I'd still be down for some browser game exchanging, although admittedly for multiplayer games I prefer something with a defined start and end.

Update on the game territories3069. I joined it, and there's a currently about a 4 hour window in which you can join and not have any handicap for turns.

Which is to say, if you join before 22:00 EST, you will be joining on the first turn.

Even if you don't join before then, you can still join within the next 31 hours, although the later you join the worse off you'll be.

Up to 20 players can join, or so the server tells me.

So come one, come all!

I'll be playing as the "Firey Crotchmonsters" race. The game ends when all your opponents are destroyed/surrender, or when you're destroyed/surrender.

Edit: I guess I jumped the gun. In a few hours I'll probably win by default, although there's a slight chance that if three players joined right now and ganged up on me they could win in the end. REGARDLESS!

So I'd be up for starting a game of this come this weekend if anyone has any interest. Just PM me and we'll figure something out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: