Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
ALP on AVP2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: ALP on AVP2 Reply with quote

Would it be possible to make animations with AVP2, make something like this in a game?
I've also been looking into skinning though for some reason my computer despises me and does anything but what I want it to. Maybe I can make and Abe and Preston skin for the Predators.
I have the original Drone model [with the head cowl thingy, he looks a bit kinky] and both Predator II models [one bought from America]. Not to mention . . . others, many others.
Anyways, I'm also pretty good at digital art. Maybe I'll have fun editing ALP logos and showing them as my avatar.

I created death, destruction.
I thirst for the blood of my Enemy.
The Silent, Ancient Enemy.

Scorian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
juggala girl45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

hi Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Yeah.
Hooblobloblooo!
slippy666

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is "possible" but i'm not willing to spend the year to learn how to master the editor .... but i can skin a little ... my photoshop skills are hurten ... lol
Drone Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorian,

Yes. Just create cutscenes by using the model-movement-keys in DEdit for the Lithtech engine. That's not a problem. The real time-suckage is going to go to creating your world models for Abe's apartment... it won't be as easy as photoshop unless you can bitmap the backgrounds you want to use and put them in as skins on your world brushes... but remember that ALP is essentially 2D. If you use the AvP2 Lithtech engine to run DEdit cutscenes, you'll be creating a 3D environment. If you want to fully utilize the camera angles and movements, you really should hand-create interactive objects.

Once you do that, you could even have a short single-player level where Abe goes shopping and for some reason has to eviscerate a busload of kids on the way. Well, it's a thought anyway. Oh, and you're going to have to hire voice actors if you want original dialogue. I'd be glad to do all of this for you, as I have experience with programming and level-creation, but you'll have to find someone to pay me to quit my job, because it'll take me a few months to do it.

So, I wish you luck, but you won't need much of it because this is a very doable project. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: