Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Of Bike's And Men (And Some Women Too)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Of Bike's And Men (And Some Women Too) Reply with quote

I just read the rant that goes with the latest Commisioned comic and I wondered, how many of you guys (and girls) here ride a bike. I mean, I've been riding a bike for my entire life now. Well, at least from the point in time from where I was actually able to do something that resembles riding a bike I mean. I go to school on my bike, I come back from school on my bike, I go to friends (yes, I actually have friends that I go to (and then spend the whole day LANning...)) on my bike, I go to the shops on my bike... I ride home on my bike when I've gone out (which is extremely funny... it's very hard to keep going when there's a side of the road on both sides of the road... I tend to be unable to drive in a straight line from time to time)

So, how many of you actually ride a bike. And where to. And what do you think of it.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
jakebluesx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode a bike between the ages of 8 and 18, then quit when I went to college. At the age of 40, I am getting a new bike from a friend and am going to start again - for transportation and exercise.

Transportaion costs are ridiculous - gas, taxis, even bus fare - and I need the exercise. I have lost 145 pounds in the last three years, and I need to lose 100 more. (My current weight is 341 pounds.) I figure that the bike will help.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakebluesx wrote:
I have lost 145 pounds in the last three years, and I need to lose 100 more. (My current weight is 341 pounds.) I figure that the bike will help.

You know what...major congratulations. It's not easy at all, and that's from experience.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the age of 4 I did a superman over the handlebars of my bike when the wheel hit a rock. I landed on gravel, scraped my chin REALLY nicely, had to get 50+ stitches and some plastic surgery, and now I have a Harrison Ford scar on my chin.

Biking... is not my thing. Sad

Capoeira, though, is awesome.
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike's as an only form of transportation, around these parts isn't so easy. Big Lake is very spread out, with very few actual places to go. Mostly bike riding out here is recreational. In Wasilla, or Palmer, however, it's much more plausible as transportaion.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in NYC there's only like 1 bike lock thats certified to work in manhattan. Meaning if the the thief actually breaks the lock the company will reimburse some money for the bike. So you better store your bike indoors or by morning it'll be gone or everything will be stripped off of it.

Crazy thing is that alot of the bike messengers use fixed gear bikes. (if you dunno what a fixed gear bike is, think of it like a tricycle wheel, pedal foward to go foward, pedal backward and u go backwards)

I've been in a few charity rides, its fun because they allow you to ride on major highways like the FDR, west side hwy, and go thru the Lincoln tunnel, on your BIKE. a cool experience.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed gear bikes? Wow. But uhm, can they just hold their feet still and still be able to go forward? I don't know what that's called... but you get the point right?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Munan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it is with me and bikes, but it's not a fortunate match - they always break. Also, in Amsterdam, they get stolen. They get stolen all the time.

So no more bikes for me. If the weather allows it (and that means, whenever it's not raining really badly) I use my rollerblades. I do everything with my rollerblades.
It's nice for loosing weight and good for your health as well.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, holding your feet still means you're still. I've seen guys at stoplights upright perfectly still for the whole time.
You should try watching bicycle track racing sometime, thats what fixed gear bikes are meant for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: