Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Star Wars the Clone Wars
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smiley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twinky wrote:
Why is Jar Jar hated so much? I liked him the first few minutes.
What the hell even happened to him?

He's hated because he's ridiculous and lame. He is to the prequels what the Ewoks were to the originals: a gimmicky species with no redeeming value, even as intended comic relief. Luckily the Ewoks were only in the third movie.

He was seen only once in Episode III, at Padme's funeral. So he lived for at least a little while after the fall of the Republic.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people wouldn't like Ewoks? They're cute, furry, small and they get blasted to pieces by the Empiyah...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Sal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....whenever they're not killing off the Imperials with their sticks-and-stones traps.
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone Wars was seen by myself yesterday....

I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't as good as it could have potentially been.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
....whenever they're not killing off the Imperials with their sticks-and-stones traps.

But that was just a simple question of numbers. There were like 10 Ewoks for every Stormtrooper...

Ah what the hell, if anybody hates Ewoks, go buy Star Wars: Battlefront II and you can blast them to bits.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Sal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't hate ewoks. they make up for the silliness with the... fluffiness.
jar jar has no such redeeming qualities.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's supposed to be the comedy sidekick, or comedic relief or whatever you want to call it. But I think that was already C-3PO and R2-D2, although they weren't really funny in Episode I, due to a lack of screentime.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Frost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Jar Jar. I think he was a little much, but if you honestly clear your biases for a moment and watch Empire Strikes Back again, you'll notice just how stupid Yoda was at first in that movie. He was as bad as Jar Jar, but he ended up getting serious and wise, and that's why we don't think about it. Jar Jar, on the other hand, is just goofy with little redeeming qualities. His actions and mannerisms would have been bearable if he didn't talk so unrealistically and unbelievably idiotic. He ended up only having one important part (where he leads them to his Gungan home) and then he is nothing but a tacked on goof ball for the rest of the movie. I don't hate Jar Jar, and he didn't ruin the movie for me, but I could have lived without him.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that without Jar Jar the entire Empire wouldn't have existed. He's the one who gave executive powers (or something) to Palpatine which led to the downfall of the Republic. That does make him an important character to the saga, and ofcourse a complete idiot. Then again, if they didn't let him do it, they would've had someone else make that mistake.

Maybe Lucas learned about everybody not liking Jar Jar and then decided to let him do that.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just checked out how this movie was recieved by critics...

I told you so, motherfuckers.

The audience continues to fall for shitty media, An 8.5 million dollar investement apparently just racked in 52.38 million. It payed for itself six times over, and over what? 20% at Rotten Tomatoes, only 4% if you count top critics.

But over 50% when you only read community reviews.

I told many of you that your attitude towards the Star Wars franchise (Its Star Warz! It's gotta rawk!) was only going to encourage the powers that be that all you want on your screens is shit. Why should they aim higher if you're going to just gobble up whatever they throw at you?

Now because you didn't give two minutes to evaluate whether the movie was going to be good or not, I'm going to have to suffer for it. I want to see good movies, but fewer and fewer people with money want to make good movies, because the vast majority of them just want to make more money, and the best way to make money now is to put shit into theatres.

Now, greed is not neccesarily a bad thing. It's unavoidable, but we, the customers, have the power to force the greedy to indulge their vice on our terms. If we took the time to evaluate movies, and reward only the people who are coming out with genuinly good stuff, then eventually the people making good stuff will continue making good stuff, no matter what the producer's motivations are, whilst the dumpers of shit get what they deserve for trying to raid our pockets.

Films such as The Iron Giant had been left in the dust, even if they could have been classics, whilst 'movies' such as Clone Wars and franchises like Scary Movie continue time and again to obtain more cash than the producers should ever handle.

So, to all of you on this forum or not who bought tickets for The Clones Wars: DOUBLE DEUCE!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i... i'm sorry! *bursts into tears*
Bloo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local critics give it a half star out of 4, some a full star to be generous. Now I'm not sure if 1 out of 4 is worse than 1 out of 5 but something's telling me this movie isn't worth watching.

Hey, the first Scary Movie was where it's at. Second one's okay I guess. Everything else after that, plus the spin-off genre movies are just shit.
Frost

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth watching. Worth renting, but not worth seeing in theaters.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't really that good.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Films such as The Iron Giant had been left in the dust, even if they could have been classics, whilst 'movies' such as Clone Wars and franchises like Scary Movie continue time and again to obtain more cash than the producers should ever handle.

I never complimented the Scary Movie franchise, the first two were watchable, but the latter and it's spinoff's I refuse to see after viewing the third one and Epic Movie. Iron Giant sadly was not a media workhorse like many other popular franchises, so it was not seen in as much light although it was entertaining and deep.

But I did enjoy Clone Wars because I found it entertaining, but still thought it was quite shallow and geared towards making money. I watch movies to be entertained above all other expectations, if it has a very good story or was generally well-played, I consider it a good movie, if not, hopefully I liked the flashy style. I don't have high standards to enjoy a movie, although the better the film, the more I loved it, The Dark Knight was an excellent film and did not disappoint me, Clone Wars was fun to watch but did not swoon me like the original Star Wars saga did. However I do have high satndards about what to reccomend, buy, or consider a "good" movie over a "fun" movie.

This is after all the pilot for the new series, not a full-on film. It was intended to show how the ressurected series will play out. And I'm certain most of you have lower standards for a saturday morning cartoon over a film with a big logo. To be honest, I'd like to see this as an extended espisode rather than a real film (like a direct-to-dvd release or a season finale special, whatever). I had fun watching it, and unfortunately Star Wars kinda suckers me into things, that's why I gave it a generous score.

Just to wrap this up for any of you that skipped most of this post, I liked it because I thought it was fun, that's all, and I want to see this new edgier Clone Wars tv series.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Bloo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about the upcoming show. Is there any information on it at all? I was wondering if it would be in the same style as this movie. If it is, that kind of sucks, because I was hoping for the real stuff.
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twinky wrote:
I don't know much about the upcoming show. Is there any information on it at all? I was wondering if it would be in the same style as this movie. If it is, that kind of sucks, because I was hoping for the real stuff.

Well, along time ago this series and another series were announced. The other series is supposed to be live action and follow where episode 6 (Return of the Jedi) left off. It was supposed to focus on new characters or minor ones like Boba Fett (if you can still consider him minor).

Also, Az: I totally agree with what you said about this movie.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: